Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Negative Entropy posted:

More like we broke a nail, Europe and most of SE Asia is in our pocket, and the enemies we do have have been our enemies since before the fall of the USSR.
China has a lot of problems and their ascendance is by no means as guaranteed as they make it out to be. Chinese also don't know how to do empire, they alienate all their neighbors.

Wait, you're German?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Let's just invade England, make it the 51st state.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Morkyz posted:

I just realized, British are actually people too. They have feeling just like us, maybe we should be so quick to insult them all the time?

The British use butter knives to cut their steaks. They aren't worthy of our sympathy.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

DP just like Russia and America DP'd Germany in WW2.

Bugdrvr fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 27, 2014

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Bugdrvr posted:

The British use butter knives to cut their steaks. They aren't worthy of our sympathy.

How could such a people have ever ruled us?

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Morkyz posted:

Wait, you're German?
Germany is in our pocket too. Don't want to have a repeat of WWII now do we.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
being american is much like cock it is all about the girth

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Negative Entropy posted:

Germany is in our pocket too. Don't want to have a repeat of WWII now do we.

Oh yeah, I thought you were British for a second and was like "lol."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
americans are exactly like british people in every way that matters

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It's too hot here. I want to move to Canada or Norway. I need to find a place that is cold through the entire year, Seattle is not cutting it.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Viridiant posted:

It's too hot here. I want to move to Canada or Norway. I need to find a place that is cold through the entire year, Seattle is not cutting it.

alaska

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
gently caress Alaska.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Zzulu posted:

americans are exactly like british people in every way that matters

lol nice irony, here let me try:

The holocaust didn't happen, but I wish it had.

Mine wasn't quite as offensive and ignorant as yours, but it was pretty close.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010
America is in equal parts horrifying as it is awesome. Also, you're fat as gently caress and like guns way too much. And that shows. Most of your populace is dumb as gently caress too, and idiots + guns dont really mesh well. On the other hand, the best of you have contributed a poo poo TON to the technology and science being done in the world. For that you have my sincere thanks.

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 27, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

America is in equal parts horrifying as it is awesome. Also, you're fat as gently caress and like guns way too much. And that shows. Most of your populace is dumb as gently caress too, and idiots + guns dont really mesh well. On the other hand, the best of you have contributed a poo poo TON to the technology and science being done in the world. For that you have my sincere thanks.

sorry but how many moon landings has europe had?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

harpomarxist posted:

I think Gypsum's point is that these are precisely the boring questions on display in the 'What's it like being British?' thread. Perhaps if we upped our games a bit we could have some real discourse along the line of 'why cucumber sandwiches? and 'wtf, you put cheddar cheese on your apple pie?'

I rarely have a point but i guess if i had to have one here ITT its more of a reaction to all the sweeping generalisations made towards other races/countries of late and to see if Americans can take a dose of their own medicine. Anyway i think America and Americans are pretty cool on the whole, we do weird poo poo the world doesn't understand same as you guys and its fun to joke about but that doesn't make our whole countries scumlords. Peace. And until the next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.

Thigh Gap
Nov 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrtdldxKFE0

Something like this.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I rarely have a point but i guess if i had to have one here ITT its more of a reaction to all the sweeping generalisations made towards other races/countries of late and to see if Americans can take a dose of their own medicine. Anyway i think America and Americans are pretty cool on the whole, we do weird poo poo the world doesn't understand same as you guys and its fun to joke about but that doesn't make our whole countries scumlords. Peace. And until the next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.

I guess Americans kind of like to talk poo poo about British because they're like the only country that can match us in terms of atrocities and they're pretty much whitebread so it isn't too offensive.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Eagerly awaiting the third act where the republic becomes imperium.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

i was trying to find a yt vid of a british person doing something really dumb but when i search for british people i got a billion vids of BRITISH PEOPLE TRY AMERICAN FOOD and AMERICAN PEOPLE TRY BRITISH FOOD and HOW AMERICANS SOUND TO BRITISH PEOPLE and to be quite honest im embarrassed for both sides at this point

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Sometimes I wonder what it's like being European but then I remeber I watched my grandfather slowly lose touch with reality through dementia while still aggressively insisting everyone should be waiting on him all the time and taking his opinion seriously like the old days and I figure that's close enough.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

to understand what being an american is actually like, you need to find the state of mind where you read this quote and get violently mad at you for being such a flagrant homo online (no offense intended just trying to get an accurate description across.. they say that the common language is an obstacle or something

harpomarxist
Oct 7, 2007

Useless twat opinions from everybody's favorite British coffee shop revolutionary!

gently caress the ROW posted:

to understand what being an american is actually like, you need to find the state of mind where you read this quote and get violently mad at you for being such a flagrant homo online (no offense intended just trying to get an accurate description across.. they say that the common language is an obstacle or something

It's so cool that our special relationship elicts such strong emotions

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

harpomarxist posted:

the special relationship [...] your mom!!!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
just trying to help

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Its like being on the internet but in real life

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I always imagined being American would be pretty sweet but you'd have to put up with lovely wages, no health care, the likely chance of being shot, Republicans and rich people (your employers) that basically own you and cry to their politician friends when you don't behave.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
and the sodomy dont forget the sodomy

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
What's it like being American in a nutshell:

If you're not white it sucks.

If you're not white and poor it really sucks.

If you're not white but rich it kind of sucks.

If you're not white but famous and rich it's ok.

If you're white but poor it kind of sucks.

If you're white but middle class it sucks less than the above two.

If you're white and rich it's awesome.

If you're white but famous and rich it's the best country ever.

Modus Operandi fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 28, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hey all you Europeans

you guys are aware that Putin sent actual troops into Ukraine now right

if it gets too scary knock and we'll let you sleep in our bed tonighahahahahahahahaha no gently caress you enjoy freezing this winter lol

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

harpomarxist posted:

wasn't the 'special relationship' just a way to get britain to send more soldiers to kill arabs and become disabled in america's wars?

and if you think the american public gives one single poo poo about the UK as opposed to the Germans or the French or the Italians then ahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhaa

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

I always imagined being American would be pretty sweet but you'd have to put up with lovely wages, no health care, the likely chance of being shot, Republicans and rich people (your employers) that basically own you and cry to their politician friends when you don't behave.

if you're an upper middle class suburban white person you basically run the country as a dictatorship of the petite bourgeoisie and throw a screaming temper tantrum whenever you have to negotiate or compromise even a tiny bit with people who aren't you. if you're not an upper middle class white person then yeah it's poo poo

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

VikingSkull posted:

hey all you Europeans

you guys are aware that Putin sent actual troops into Ukraine now right

if it gets too scary knock and we'll let you sleep in our bed tonighahahahahahahahaha no gently caress you enjoy freezing this winter lol

Dude we lived next door to the Soviet Union lol if you think vova's lil' pipsqueek Russia even registers

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

icantfindaname posted:

if you're an upper middle class suburban white person you basically run the country as a dictatorship of the petite bourgeoisie and throw a screaming temper tantrum whenever you have to negotiate or compromise even a tiny bit with people who aren't you. if you're not an upper middle class white person then yeah it's poo poo

lol ok guy

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Google randy quaid

His life and work are one long andy Kaufman esque performance art of being American

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why did you bomb Japan?

They were being dicks.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why are you poo poo at football?

For the same reasons all English-speaking countries are poo poo at football, I suppose?

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why is your cheese so rubbish?

Not enough limestone caves next to dairy farms? All our cows are beef cows? Our food production systems have been prioritizing quantity over quality since about 1941?

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why do you feel the need to tip literally everyone?

We have places to be, so make it snappy, toots.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why don't any of you own passports or leave the country?

Our nation is extremely large and the rest of the world is very far away.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why cant you point to where France is on a map?

Oh, come on. At least go with Slovenia or some other comedy nation that I actually cannot locate.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why do you say things like 'y'all' and 'god bless you' all the time?

Y'all is the second person plural in the English tongue. Don't you learn your own language?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

any country where you can get shitfaced for under five bucks and eat huge portions of greasy food is alright by me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Basically if you like driving and banging fat chicks, this is the place for you

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

euphronius posted:

Basically if you like driving and banging fat chicks, this is the place for you

aren't all your roads straight though

that's not very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU