Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
It doesn't add up. If there's a pizza place you like that does take and bake and you haven't tried it, try that poo poo. It is way better than a delivery or carryout because you get it hot and fresh and a bit crisper out of the oven. AND you can drive home and get righteously drunk and high before you put it into the oven which is also a major plus.

If take and bake pizzas are off the charts from my favorite pizza places, I figured a designated take and bake store would put together awesome pizzas but every time I venture into Papa Murphy's I spend $12 on something that ends up tasting like one of Wal-Mart's $8 pizzas. It's bad math. It's bad pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.
It's better than this thread, OP

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
the Chicago style is p. good op

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
John stole the recipe from Murphy now Murphy has to innovate to keep up but its not goin well

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Who the gently caress is Murphy. We only got papa John's.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Pizza Mafia Wars

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Savington posted:

It's better than this thread, OP

I have a much higher bar than that as far as what I'll put in my mouth though

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
When I think of names I associate with Italian cuisine I think 'Murphy'

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Fisticuffs posted:

Wal-Mart's $8 pizzas
lol what?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Walmart has pizzas for $8.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is your sales tax like 20% or are you literally buying family-size pizzas for yourself every time

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Wal-Mart has some fresh, non-frozen pizzas in their deli section at some locations. I can't remember exactly how much they cost because I haven't had one in years(they're VERY not good) but I remember them costing a bit more than the Lil Caesar's $5 pizzas(despite being 3x as large, should've been a warning sign). I think they were between $7-10.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

is your sales tax like 20% or are you literally buying family-size pizzas for yourself every time

Sales tax is high as gently caress but $12 is for a large pizza with 5-7 toppings. I have only been to Papa Murphy's twice. Once a few years back when they opened one near me in Indianapolis and once today when I talked myself into getting one because I could get an assload of toppings for not much money.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
do you have pizza leftovers for like three days afterward or are you a grotesquely gluttonous gutbarge

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"no no i get it for my friends" if you hate murhpy's so much why would you keep inflicting them on your friends

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I like Papa Murphys. You actually need to know how to bake a pizza, which makes it tough, especially if you get one with a lot of toppings or a stuffed pizza it can be hard to get right if you aren't already into cooking or don't have a pizza stone.

The other thing is that you need to take it off of the paper plate thing as soon as you can so that the crust can actually be good.

The veggie gourmet (I think that's what it's called) is probably the best thing they make so I would try that.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
weak troll OP. 2/5 meats stuffed pizza, would not bake again.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Fairly passive posted:

When I think of names I associate with Italian cuisine I think 'Murphy'

Wow bro you're going to be really disappointed with life if you're all about some kind of racist ideology where a food designed by a group of people can only be made by that group. Sorry for your loss.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i dont know what point you're trying to make op because i havent read a word in this thread but im going to assume you're a retarded whiny idiot

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
wow i was right

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao if u pay money to go out for food only to bring it home because you need to cook it urself u just got trolled hard son

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

homo punching bag posted:

lmao if u pay money to go out for food only to bring it home because you need to cook it urself u just got trolled hard son

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Actually you got trolled too, because you helped pay for a lot of it (if you pay taxes that is).

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I get 2 big rear end slices from Nikki Romas for 4 bucks. They cook it right there and hand it to you. Good quality pizza in little amount of time. They also have calzones. Best pizza place in town.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I only eat Papa Smurf's pizza.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
It's poo poo because rather than using a commercial kitchen oven that can bake the pizza at the high temps needed to make non-poo poo crust, they make you bring the pizza home and bake it in your meant-for-pies home oven.

Also, their ingredients suck.

20 minutes with some flour, water, salt, and yeast can make better dough. A can of tomatoes, an onion, and butter can make a better sauce.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Papa Murphy's Paparoni is god-tier and you're a dubmass loving shitnerd orangutan

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The big Walmart Marketplace pizzas are actually good, papa murphy's is a joke, and who the gently caress eats a vegetarian pizza except retards?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
i buy pizza bases, tom sauce, mozzarella and my own toppings ... cheaper than factory made and you can load it to the max

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stormfang1502 posted:

Actually you got trolled too, because you helped pay for a lot of it (if you pay taxes that is).

obama is doing socialized pizza now???? wher are my guns

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

SirEvelynTremble posted:

i buy pizza bases, tom sauce, mozzarella and my own toppings ... cheaper than factory made and you can load it to the max

This is true if you make like 5 pizzas over the course of a week but I use maybe a 3rd of even a small pack of pepperoni on a large homemade pizza, for example. You're right they're definitely way better I just don't have very strong options for getting a small amount of some of the toppings I like.

Buying a pizza base is a huuuuge waste of money if you're pretty much making it yourself. Tomato sauce at least takes a while to cook together so there is an argument but make dough if you're doing all the other steps.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Produce is subsidized in the united states. You are probably unaware of this because you are stupid.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

I like to be way too drunk to drive and too high and disoriented to put together an order when I eat(typically once a day) so I have to plan the meal ahead of time to protect the safety of myself and others.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hobohemian posted:

Produce is subsidized in the united states. You are probably unaware of this because you are stupid.

actually im smart because i chose to be born in canada

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

papa murphy's is one of those investment scam places very popular among old right-wingers

they advertise franchise ownership on loving rush limbaugh :psyduck:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

lol if you don't pick your pizzas after planting pizza seeds in the spring

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Fisticuffs posted:

Tomato sauce at least takes a while to cook together so there is an argument but make dough if you're doing all the other steps.

i use ready made ragu ... all the herbs - oregano, garlic, basil are already in the sauce.

takes an extra 5 mins to put homemade pizza together if you already have premade bases. can freeze the rest of cheese, toppings and use the rest of sauce for bolognese

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

SirEvelynTremble posted:

i use ready made ragu ... all the herbs - oregano, garlic, basil are already in the sauce.

takes an extra 5 mins to put homemade pizza together if you already have premade bases. can freeze the rest of cheese, toppings and use the rest of sauce for bolognese

you are a goddamn sonofabitch

"yeah I make my own pizza but use Ragu like a goddamn single mom in the mid 90s"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pizza is a vegetable (according to congress), obama subsidizes vegetables, QED

Peanut President posted:

lol if you don't pick your pizzas after planting pizza seeds in the spring
agreed. here's my homemade organic local pesticide gmo free pizza plant

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Peanut President posted:

you are a goddamn sonofabitch

"yeah I make my own pizza but use Ragu like a goddamn single mom in the mid 90s"

screw you my mom was married in the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

papa murphy's is still better than unos. unos is worse than budget frozen pizzas.

• Locked thread