Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

I think my favorite part is the late to the party guy who screams commands his partners already told the complying person in the most stereotypically over the top hoorah voice like he just really wanted to tell someone to get on the ground and put their hands behind their back.

Which does nothing but confuse the people in the room and makes the whole situation worse, so nice work being an rear end in a top hat and ruining the teamwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like how the kid obviously doesnt have a gun or anything and they cuff him anyway

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
All these morons use twitter, facebook, own smart phones, and constantly post pictures of themselves while bragging about what they do. It would be trivial for the police to track them down. If they are in a separate jurisdiction from where the call was made to where the raid was executed, the police could give less of a gently caress. The only way it'll amount to anything is if a prosecutor gets a bug up his rear end about it and tries to argue that swatting people is terrorism/attempted murder. But both the swatter and swattee are probably white and rich(or at least not impoverished) so it'll never go anywhere.

Parallax Scroll posted:

i like how the kid obviously doesnt have a gun or anything and they cuff him anyway

Ever see a movie with a hostage crisis where the bad guys escape by pretending to be a hostage? The cops just cuff everyone who doesn't immediately need to be in a hospital and sort it out later once everything has settled down.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 28, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
So how long does it take for these idiots to admit to themselves they were pawns and let the dude go, or do they just not give a gently caress

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Parallax Scroll posted:

That's actually pretty by the book and in gamer terms, heh, if you play swat 1-4 and DON'T handcuff people regardless of who they are, chances are they could get hurt and react irrationally (Like, say they heard gunfire and suddenly start running away, maybe into a bullet???) thus these guys were going for maximum score.

Stupid and over the top? You bet. But to get that hot rear end A+ rating at the end of the mission, that's pretty much how you do it.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Video in the OP is fake.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only person that got cuffed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kimihia posted:

Which does nothing but confuse the people in the room and makes the whole situation worse, so nice work being an rear end in a top hat and ruining the teamwork.

The best is when they yell conflicting orders.

"PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD AND KNE-"

"ON THE GROUND NOW!"

"I SAID PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK!"

*Tases, knees, nightsticks, and pistol whips*

"STOP RESISTING!"

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

I can't hear exactly what was going on. Did someone from the game call the cops and just say "oh this guys a terrorist HEH" or something? Did they just kick in this guys door with no investigation?

apparently the pranker who called the police was pretending to be a person who had taken hostages in the building and had already killed someone and planted bombs, lol

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The best part of these kind of stories is when the people who called in a false report get busted and dragged before a judge to explain why they felt the need to waste police resources.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 689 days!)

why the gently caress didn't they do this to pewdiepie i want to seee pewdiepie suffer

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cops didnt even throw one flashbang. 0/10

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 689 days!)

babies sploded: 0

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
lol the kids who did it are getting owned now

https://mobile.twitter.com/spiky/status/504766373034483712/photo/1
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/parents-warned-of-active-shooter-near-broadway-and-mineral

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
This took place in loving Littleton (aka Columbine) so consider this gamer loving lucky the cops didn't just open fire to "be sure".

Also, how long before someone gets shot and killed if this SWATing poo poo continues? loving gamers.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

video games

Strict Picnic
Feb 10, 2013

by Ralp

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

why the gently caress didn't they do this to pewdiepie i want to seee pewdiepie suffer

yeah. pewdiepie is hot. i would like to see him frisked too.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Is it wrong that I have no clue as to who/what pewdiepie is, other than a couple mentions about them on here?

naem
May 29, 2011

All I have to say is wow

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If that gamer'd been black, well he'd be dead right now. "The sounds of gunshots and explosions from the game caused me to be in imminent fear of my life, so I emptied my magazine into him"

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Anyone else here kinda prefer the treat of hostage situations and terrorists over white people with machine guns who can't wait to stomp on your skull? Cause I'm willing to give up an occasional hostage or two if it means these guys go away.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nHohZIU5Do

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Do I want to know why he has another camera looking at his legs?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If that gamer'd been black, well he'd be dead right now. "The sounds of gunshots and explosions from the game caused me to be in imminent fear of my life, so I emptied my magazine into him"

“the suspect was holding what appeared to be an ak 47 in the game on his computer screen

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

pewds has the good sense not to live in america

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

I just want to toss a battery at the man.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
what will come of this SWATting nonsense when enough internet trolls cry wolf

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why are all gamers such faggots

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Pretty drat sad someone is really watching someone else play a loving video game in the first place.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
i love watching hilarious peidirpie interact with art

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

String Beans posted:

Pretty drat sad someone is really watching someone else play a loving video game in the first place.

a competitive multiplayer game, no less

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

it's not at all suspicious that she posted that pic while being logged out when the last tweet at her was 12sec ago, no sir

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Bedshaped posted:

call the cops :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8yLIOb2pU

It's sweet how easy it is to get swat to k nock somone's door down though :lol:

I posted this in the zoe thread and now its popular

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Parallax Scroll posted:

why are all gamers such faggots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqh33FH3DtE

they aren't

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
The glances that the cops give the camera/ screen are priceless. Real through the looking glass poo poo

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Forums Barber posted:

it's not at all suspicious that she posted that pic while being logged out when the last tweet at her was 12sec ago, no sir

You don't know how pressing the printscreen button works.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Al Cowens posted:

what will come of this SWATting nonsense when enough internet trolls cry wolf

Likely FBI will get involved if the calls are found to originate cross state and both local police and FBI will crack down on the people hard who are caught doing it. Additionally, larger streamers will probably want to start registering with local police departments with additional numbers the police can call, in case of one of these calls to verify everything is safe or not. They might still need to make a wellness visit but with probably less SWAT involved.

Solvency fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 28, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can i, as a not-american, call your law enforcement somehow and send your crazy police after people

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Zzulu posted:

can i, as a not-american, call your law enforcement somehow and send your crazy police after people

Very easily actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Man I watched this again this time with volume so I could hear more of what was going on and it just gets more ridiculous. The guy who asks him why he think it's funny, the accusatory "why are we here" at the end as if it's not obvious they just didn't get duped by some clown into harassing someone. The way the cop nonchalantly just picks up the guys phone and starts going through it while he's cuffed, are they even allowed to do that?

• Locked thread