Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Problem description: My Macbook pro connects to my wireless network fine, but it cannot access the internet once it's connected. Opening a web page hangs on "Resolving host." Every other device connected to the network works fine, and the laptop works when I connect it to the router via an ethernet cable. Likewise, the laptop works fine on other wireless networks. Strangely enough, when I connected a DIFFERENT router to the modem, the issue persisted. I haven't had any issues with it before, so I'd appreciate any advice on how I can go about diagnosing and correcting the problem.

Attempted fixes:
-Deleting the network/password from the laptop and rejoining.
-Restarting laptop
-Power cycling modem, router
-Swapping out routers

Recent changes: No

--

Operating system: OSX 10.8.5

System specs:
Late 2011 15-Inch Macbook Pro (2.44 GHz Intel Core 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1 GB VRAM)
Router is a Belkin N300 F9K1002

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

motherbox fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Thanks to anyone who might have worked on this, but somehow I resolved it. I was using Google's DNS servers on the network (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). For some reason, removing them and then readding them seems to have resolved the problem...

• Locked thread