Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Wooten posted:

I like to imagine another sound guy swooping in to pick up the fallen boom like a civil war soldier picking up a fallen flag.

It is a great shame in the production crew if the boom mic touches the ground in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

wtf is he so fuckin excited about

he was obviously up to something give that cop a medal

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

recently i watched half an episode of cops before realizing i wasnt reno 911

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

werner herzog is going to be the only one to listen to his death screams

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

are the sound guy riots on yet?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yivgev posted:

lol

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

yah it's called a throwdown pistol and it's one of a police's most important tools for fighting crime

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nli6RDAWREA&t=40s

The new "he reached for my weapon" defense is going to put cobra arms out of business.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Typical cop, multiple bullet shot at and still does not take the perp down, takes only one to kill a bystander.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
the solution is more guns. More Guns. MORE GUNS MORE GUNS MORE GUNS GUNS FOR EVERYONE

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 673 days!)

Fatkraken posted:

the solution is more guns. More Guns. MORE GUNS MORE GUNS MORE GUNS GUNS FOR EVERYONE

yep. true.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just had a thought.
So this guy would have to have insurance to do this dangerous job.
Think the insurance company will refuse to pay up as it was death by cop or death by own stupidity?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Just had a thought.
So this guy would have to have insurance to do this dangerous job.
Think the insurance company will refuse to pay up as it was death by cop or death by own stupidity?

whos worse, cops or insurance companies? Thats a tough one

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Makes you think

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
lol only if the sound guy had a gun

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

How a sound mike operator gets between cops with guns drawn and a guy about to be shot is amazing.

Why are you assuming he was between them?

Cops are not good shots.

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic
I drive by that Wendy's everyday on the way to school/work. It's kind of ghetto.

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic
Today I learned that I live within walking distance of user SLICK GOKU BABY.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Lol, the cops fired 30 shots at the dude with the airsoft rifle and the innocent bystanders. Do they think bullets go bad once the clip is in use so they have to unload the whole thing?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Another article said that during the shootout the cops fired 30 times and the other dude didn't fire at all because, surprise, he didn't actually have a real gun. So is it really a shootout if only one side fires?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Another article said that during the shootout the cops fired 30 times and the other dude didn't fire at all because, surprise, he didn't actually have a real gun. So is it really a shootout if only one side fires?

just a shoot

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

That's what he gets for bringing a mic boom to a gun fight.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The cop saw "boom" thought it was a firearm going off. Officer's gun then went "boom"

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Wooten posted:

I like to imagine another sound guy swooping in to pick up the fallen boom like a civil war soldier picking up a fallen flag.

never forget :patriot:

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
We used to play a COPS drinking game:

Drink when:

1) Suspect says, "I didn't do nothin"
2) Cops ask, "Why did you run?"
3) Two shots if the suspect answers, "Because you were chasing me."
4) If the cops says he joined the force "to help the community"
5) If cops high five after a bust.

RIP Billy, we didn't think they said all that poo poo so much.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
this would not have happened if the sound guy had had a gun

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

you "shoot" until your "out" of bullets

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!
Friendly fire?

It was right neighborly!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yivgev posted:

:golfclap:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
If there's one thing I've learned from watching COPS! It's that all US police love going hunting at the weekend and are overweight and 90% of people they stop are crack addicted shop robbers who live in wooden sheds with a pile of scrap covered by a tarpaulin in their yard.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well, every once in a while something different would come on the show and be entertaining. Once when it came on while I was doing something else in the room they had this big elaborate sting operation being filmed where they would have a semi truck "break down" in a bad part of town, with this whole false rig inside the back where cops would pop out after thieves would break into the truck to take whatever was inside. One cop was really hamming it up, trying to use catchphrases each time he popped out but all he could come up with were things like "Heard you boys were looking for some TVs!"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
There was an awesome one like that where they'd sell dudes some weed then bust them around the corner. It was just a huge montage of unsuspecting dudes getting crashtackled by like 5 overweight cops.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IlSwVEjlc

w0ppy71
May 6, 2014
Wait until they shoot one of the cameramen... "It was dark!! I thought it was a rocket launcher!!"

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
remember the xfiles/cops crossover with the werewolf that was kind of cool

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Btw anyone here who regularly gets harassed by the police ...

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

Well, every once in a while something different would come on the show and be entertaining. Once when it came on while I was doing something else in the room they had this big elaborate sting operation being filmed where they would have a semi truck "break down" in a bad part of town, with this whole false rig inside the back where cops would pop out after thieves would break into the truck to take whatever was inside. One cop was really hamming it up, trying to use catchphrases each time he popped out but all he could come up with were things like "Heard you boys were looking for some TVs!"

lol

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
wow that's sweet i want one look at that

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mrhotdogvendor posted:

Today I learned that I live within walking distance of user SLICK GOKU BABY.

Not sure if I'm taking applications for a stalker or not though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Bad boys bad boys,
what chu gonna do
whem your fellow cops come for you?

• Locked thread