Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sheetz or Wawa
Sheetz
Wawa
Krillin
View Results

• Locked thread
dablakh0l
Sep 3, 2002

Obligatory Toast posted:

don't even know, but wawa is named after a place in PA.

also wawa used to sell meatloaf.
The chain's name comes from the site of the company's first milk plant and corporate headquarters in Wawa, Pennsylvania.
The name of the town Wawa is derived from the Ojibwe word for the Canada Goose (taken from "The Song of Hiawatha").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dablakh0l
Sep 3, 2002

Booties posted:

PA alcohol laws are nuts. Corbett won't reform because he says it will take jobs away. Uummmmm, pretty sure all those cashiers who know jack poo poo about the product they're selling will get just as good jobs at mcdonalds. Problem solved.

The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is a "legal" monopoly in PA that is run by lawyers. Like a lawyer is going to dump a cushy job like that.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

dablakh0l posted:

The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is a "legal" monopoly in PA that is run by lawyers. Like a lawyer is going to dump a cushy job like that.

drat. OK then, I'll start the second Farmer's Revolution. Get your pitchforks ready, we're marchin' to Harrisburg

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

would

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Sheetz has a better beverage and snack selection. Wawa makes better sandwiches, especially with the new baked in store rolls.

It is a toss up.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It's Sheetz and gently caress all wawa bitches.

Hashtagtruth

Altoid pride

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
My entire life the clear answer was Sheetz. I felt I'd go to my grave with that notion, but they stopped carrying horseradish as a condiment and so Wawa won my heart, purely out of spite.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's Wawa even though their hoagies suck with the "store baked" rolls.

Also the state owned monopoly on liquor sales in PA allows you to buy Pappy Van Winkle at normal retail price, and not some hopped up black market poo poo.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
back in the day, my best buddy and i used to get high as hell in delaware and walk down some train tracks to the local wawa for our munchies

a little less back in the day, i used to get high as gently caress in pittsburgh and go to sheetz for a burger and some mac'n cheese

I guess what i'm saying is both are awesome

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Sheetz 34 23.45%
Wawa 56 38.62%
Krillin 55 37.93%

I think we can call it now. WaWa wins, like it always do.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The turkey gobbler at wawa is the most superior food.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
wawas dope if u dont like wawa idk what to say to u. they got that machine where u can make a sandwich how fresh is that a sandwich mac hine????

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

smdh at people who voted for Krillin

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
voted Wawa but my heart lies with Stewart's

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

as someone in a modern part of the united states, i can't relate to arguments about gas station food

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

What the gently caress is this Midwestern flyover state garbage. Bucees 4 lyfe.
These things only exist on the East Coast :confused:

Midwest does not even seem to have the "gas station/fast food" concept in any form unless you count the fact that most 7/11s where I am from are also gas stations. But compared to the perfect glory of Wawa and Sheetz, 7/11 is a crumb of moldy bread.

(I would give Wawa the edge just for fee-free ATMs)

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Wawa wins easily. It's not even close.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

NienNunb posted:

smdh at people who voted for Krillin

Kamesen Kulilin

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
I wish we had Sheetz in upstate New York. We have tons of loving Stewarts everywhere and they suck balls!

1. Unless it's a Stewart's brand it's loving expensive. No fountain sodas either.

2. Parking lots are mini-destruction derby zones - seriously, oddest angles and shapes that tend to be crowded.

3. Crowded with old fucks who want 30 different scratch off tickets. What the gently caress? You hoping to win $500 for your upcoming tombstone?

4. Do it yourself hot dogs in some sort of Rube Goldberg contraption.

5. Milk club card which is only valid at one particular store location.

6. Don't even bother with gas..not worth the effort. Go to Sunoco or Hess down the road.

7. Sandwiches, wraps, pizza and other foods are substandard at best.

8. Locals seem to love the ice cream...it's poo poo. Even Breyers is better. Even worse, you're trying to check out, but the sole clerk is busying scooping out cones for a fatty.

9. You want a seat and eat there? Not going to happen - old fucks have snagged them all to drink coffee and hope their scratch-offs will pay for junior's bail.

I wish we had a Sheetz in New York. Cumberland Farms is best as it gets.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

VikingSkull posted:

voted Wawa but my heart lies with Stewart's

So much hate for Stewarts...backass place. Go choke on Mountain Brew.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

someone did one with the newer logo. it's unsettling

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

oh gently caress that's coming back.

here's how you know it's fall at wawa: pumpkin loving spice everything, and the gobbler's back

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Sheetz has a better beverage and snack selection. Wawa makes better sandwiches, especially with the new baked in store rolls.

It is a toss up.

really? the sheetz near me has the shittiest drink selection. the only thing it has going for it is the straight up insane levels of bakery stuff and it's beer cave.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Thanksgiving sandwiches generally are an idea that must spread nationwide/worldwide as soon as possible. Until I lived in Delaware I had never even heard of them. I hate stuffing but I LOVE THE TURKEY GOBBLER

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Yeah that's gobbler...

counterpoint: tater tots at sheetz

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Quarex posted:

Thanksgiving sandwiches generally are an idea that must spread nationwide/worldwide as soon as possible. Until I lived in Delaware I had never even heard of them. I hate stuffing but I LOVE THE TURKEY GOBBLER

Expound, please.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

mucocele posted:

Expound, please.

White bread
stuffing
turkey
REAL cranberry sauce (not that canned poo poo)
turkey gravy

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

4outof5 posted:

White bread
stuffing
turkey
REAL cranberry sauce (not that canned poo poo)
turkey gravy

Any mashed potatoes? Please, God.

basicblack
Oct 9, 2004

That basic little black dress.

I live in a MAGICAL part of the state where Wawa and Sheetz peacefully coexist across the road from each other. I can go to Wawa for coffee and Sheetz for MTOs - is there any other way to live?

Also, my local Weis carries beer...

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

mucocele posted:

nah. but if you ask nice and aren't a dick, the deli people usually won't a prob. slapping a little on.

you can, get the gobbler in bowl form. with stuffing, cranberry sauce and mash potatoes

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

mucocele posted:

The important part is that I am remembering there being mashed potatoes on there because it is SO GOOD THAT THERE MUST BE. And I know there ARE mashed potatoes on some versions, even if I do not remember Wawa's. Basically I order it instantly anytime I am on a road trip and see it on any menu anywhere because IT WILL BE GOOD.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
fastrac

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

hoagiefest is the best time of the year

oh and thanksgiving when they have the gobbler :vince:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

it is so close to gobbler season

i'm partial to it in bowl form

half mashed potatoes, half stuffing

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There's some Wawa's in Florida these days. I live on the other side of Tampa Bay and have two of them inside of two miles.

Soft pretzels are the ultimate in long haul snacks. Also love the breakfasts there, ain't got to wait for poo poo and somehow their bagel sandwich on a warming tray is less soggy than Burger King's have ever been.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Shakenbaker posted:

There's some Wawa's in Florida these days. I live on the other side of Tampa Bay and have two of them inside of two miles.

Soft pretzels are the ultimate in long haul snacks. Also love the breakfasts there, ain't got to wait for poo poo and somehow their bagel sandwich on a warming tray is less soggy than Burger King's have ever been.

Yeah, there's one by me and I pop in a couple times a week. Good meatball subs, good breakfast sandwiches, awesome soda fountain where I can add vanilla, cherry or whatever to stuff.

I'd still rather have Sheetz, but WaWa isn't bad

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

I used to live next to the very first Wawa store ever, in Ridley. They are closing it down. :smith:

To replace it with an even bigger one. :hfive:

Wawa is the poo poo and no doubt. Nothing will stop my endless love for their turkey bowl. I also like their wraps and the chicken sammidges. If you live in Philly and you don't like Wawa, well then I dunno what to tell you son, except that you have fantastically wrong opinions.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ever since Wawa started to bake their rolls in store they have declined in quality. They are often undercooked and doughy inside. Amorrosos rolls better

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the three years i spent in delaware were the worst in my life

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

so wawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
Texas represent, all about the Buc-ees.

• Locked thread