Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

kalonZombie posted:

He's making me sit through this entire game as revenge for All 4 One.
Thanks for linking to the thread, looks fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Aiden is like Rorschach if Rorschach weren't funny or interesting.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Heavenator posted:

It's the type of game that the more you think about it, the angrier you get.
Funny, I'm the same with another new Ubisoft product. gently caress The Crew.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

A few games before Watch_Dogs have had video distortions as an artistic choice thing. Most just have chromatic aberration (rainbows on edges) when there's a violent shake of the camera, and then Max Payne 3 turned that into overdrive to show just how drunk/hung over Max was. Thing is, there's no art to how Watch_Dogs employs the effect, it's just...there, there's no impact to it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SystemLogoff posted:

This game is the Mega Man Battle Network series, except taken seriously. Someone needs to hack Lan over the main character for laughs.

CrashCat posted:

I would have more respect for Aiden if his first act was to log into his mom's oven to clean it of viruses. Not even lying.
I want Aiden to traverse Chicago on roller skates and every time he has to hack a thing, I want Aiden to jump in the air, holding his smartphone up high.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Okay guys, okay, I'd just like to settle one thing, get one thing straight here, alright? Now, I checked the Saints Row wiki and in Saints Row 2 there's two weapons you have to unlock via missions, and those are the Mini-Gun and the Pimp Cane which doubles as a kickass shotgun. Every other gun can either be bought with ingame money, or is unlocked by beating side activities. Well, except one, the assault rifle with a grenade launcher requires you to get every single combat trick, which includes shooting someone in their crotch.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, now that you mention it, Hydrophobia did the whole "camera see, camera hack" thing. I think you just cycled through camera feeds instead of going from camera to camera, though.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I saw this image and thought of this thread.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Heavenator posted:

My guest this week is Great Joe, he does have any threads to link to, but he's still a real cool guy.
Aw, shucks. :shobon:

So, now that we've established that there are hacker chicks, I wanted to know, are there gangs of badass hacker chicks who shoot you and hack your guns?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Back onto the subject of Jayden's questionable taste in billboard texts

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Probably. I mean a good deal of american traffic lights are connected by wifi for whatever reason.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

Well, it's not so much "the internet" as "the antagonist's database that you're leeching off of"
Except The City is not the antagonist and ctOS is never addressed in the game as antagonising to Aiden. He lives outside it, he even uses it in a creepy way to keep his sisterwife safe. This story isn't about Aiden The Anti-Authoritarean Rebel, it's the story of Aiden The Creepy Pseudo-Batman.

edit: Remember how in Dark Knight, Batman invented a way to spy on every single person in every even-remotely-civilised part of the world? And that in narrative terms it was explicitly put there as a ridiculously extreme measure? Also, remember that Batman agreed to only use it for an hour (or less, can't remember) before destroying every shred of documentation he had on this technology, because even he knew it was a terrible invasion of privacy.

Aiden wants to be Batman, but it really feels like the second he'd see the scene where Batman agrees to the self-destruct, he'd go "why?"

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 12, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Press X to Remember.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

maxed out Aiden's skills.
Could you elaborate on this? I wanna know how skills affect driving.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

-One that gives you vehicle better control on dirt and off-road (only really visible on motorcycles due to how slippery cars control)
:godwin:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Heavenator posted:

:frogsiren: Episode 6 : Uncut | Cut :frogsiren:check it out.
Wow, I really hate everyone in this game who isn't Jordi...actually, I don't hate the Sisterwife or Nephewson, but they're really just sorta there.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bman in 2288 posted:

gently caress the Viceroys.

And that is my contribution to the recent update, because I don't play chess. And shipping containers are never made with any sort of glass.
I like the glass because the rest of the container looks mildly lived in, and it seems like the sort of mod an engineer would make if they lived there.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_Lp5bO1U8

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Heavenator posted:

:frogsiren: Episode 8 : Uncut | Cut :frogsiren:

This week Aiden defies the laws of physics, and we watch cat videos.

Our guest this week is RandomNinja. Right now he and Kalon are co-commentating on Bobbin's The4f LP.

THI4F :colbert:

If there's anything good that can be said about this game, it's that it isn't The Crew.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 31, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Freegans and pescetarians.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

What is the point of anything in this game, really?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No, it's actually really dumb.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

"You're in my fortress, I know you're planning a mutiny against me, even when you do work, you fail so hard at it that you wind up losing me more resources than you earned me. Now I will let you witness me murdering a guy, have you walk out completely unharmed, and then call a hit on you because ?????" -Excellent gangster strategist Iraq

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Which again begs the question of why Iraq hadn't killed Bedbug while Bedbug was in his gangster doom fortress.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The person talking to Aiden during the hellcar digital trip is actually a spanish scientist.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Aiden just keeps getting worse. First the Travis Touchdown jacket, and now arc flashes. :(

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Watch_Dogs has a real plethora of villains. There's Iraq the crazy gang boss, the crazy old mafia boss, there's whoever ordered the hit on Aiden and killed his daughter-niece, and there's his former partner in crime who kidnapped Aiden's sister-wife to make him commit One Last Job with him and who has just sold him out to I think the ctOS guys who may or may not be their own antagonist group.

The game could really have stood to either pare down the bad guys or else make it nice and clear that they're all working together.
The weirdest part is that Blume was pretty much the perfect antagonist for the setting, but Aiden doesn't give the slightest poo poo about them until whatshisface sells him out.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

why would you have a camera at your hacker desk

why would you wear a mask in front of the camera at your hacker desk

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

So, Damien's still a problem, ctOS and Blume are still a problem, Deadmoufive has just become a problem and Bedbug might not be a problem again.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yes I really do need to go over this list to make sure

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

LoonShia posted:

TBF, a modern day Assassin's Creed would be pretty sad.
:colbert:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Modern day Assassin's Creed would miss the point of Assassin's Creed. What would you even do? Kill Bush? Instigate Benghazi? Crash Malaysian airplanes?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

...9/11?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You come out of the bloodstained cockpit dressed in your hoodie, the twin towers fast approaching in the front view mirror. You jump out, but the camera stays on the doomed aeroplane, revealing the title: Assassin's Creed - Mission Accomplished.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I like that this rich DJ celebrity super hacker can't afford a better car than an early-nineties volvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

dedsec is just there to make 4chan angry at Ubisoft, thereby spreading free publicity.

• Locked thread