Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
I didn't even get out of the first chapter of the game before uninstalling it.

CrashCat posted:

Oh dear, you're in for it now. Hope you show off how you can beat the guarded ctOS bases without firing a shot or even entering the area, otherwise you will be skipping one of the few unique things about the game.

Though thinking about it I'm guessing next to nobody who played the game even bothered to try that, because there's basically no benefit. Whoops.

I sat outside a underground parking garage and lobbed grenades through the only entrance, the security guards couldn't tell where I was. So we have have the terrible AI as well as terrible design to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Also: the driving mechanics and physics are terrible, you can accidentally sideswipe a car and depending on the whims of the game you'll either have a horrible crash or the other vehicle will disintegrate harmlessly into it's constituent polygons.

I think one of the best things in this game are the vehicles, when you step in front of them magic happens (especially the trains). Or when you chase a person around in circles while driving a car.

CrashCat posted:

I would have more respect for Aiden if his first act was to log into his mom's oven to clean it of viruses. Not even lying.

He wouldn't be capable of this as it shows signs of being a proper human and having the ability to make choices that will aid others that he cares about.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Blastinus posted:

Apparently it's okay to go all vigilante on small-time criminals and take a grenade launcher to half a dozen security guards, but killing a guy who just stabbed someone right in front of you? Naw, that'd attract too much heat.

You don't hunt bears for food you hunt deer, there are more of them and they are less likely to disembowel you. I think the same principle applies here.

• Locked thread