Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Endorph posted:

I love that the plot takes itself ultra seriously even though it's basically

this gif, played straight.

There is not enough hypocrisy in this gif to fully capture Aiden Pierce, but there's time to talk about that when we get to see more of him in action.

Also is this the first Next-Gen LP on the subforum? Hell of a game to start it off if it is! Despite all the problems i really love this game alot and i hope it has Assassin's Creed Syndrome so that the next game will be considered the "real" start of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The thing to also realize is that at one point Aiden and his sister WERE husband and wife. I don't know where along the line sombody decided to change that ( i guess because sibling relationships aren't somthing you see in a lot of games ergo it'd be cool?) but they didn't change ANYTHING else that happens in this game. Also keep that in mind as we go along.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You never payed attention to the times where the kid or the sister refers to him as "Uncle" Aiden?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I think the driving is fine! It's a bit more arcady than you would see in a GTA title for sure but once you get used to it it's pretty fun to do a 90 degree turn that lets you more or less keep your exact speed.

It's also nice that the game has way more high performance cars and has them spawn more often than most other games like this so you're usually not to out of luck when it comes to fast rides.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I can totally believe a hacked soda machine. Those things are set up to wirelessly let the people who own the vending machine know when it's time to send a guy out there to collect money/refill the drinks.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You can do both since the game gives you the best stealth weapon pretty much right of the bat (that Spec Ops 1911 that unlocks when you get back to your apartment for the first time)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

"Fixers are terrible people that take jobs from the highest bidder, now anyway let me go do a contract i got from a Fixer friend of mine"

Oh Aiden, you're so endearingly hypocritical :allears:

I actually rather like the online aspects, what i DON'T like is that if you decide you don't want any invasions at all you can turn them off which is fair enough. But then as soon you want them back ON, you have to get all the rewards again from scratch!

So if you had gotten to the one useful ability (having Jam Coms last longer) you will lose it and have to hack/race/tail people all over again.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 5, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Well you can straight up murder him like was in the video or you can knock him out with your TACTICAL BATON. But nothing changes since that dude disappears from the story regardless.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

geri_khan posted:

Who the hell goes to a kid's birthday party dressed as a hobo?

And with no present, I might add.

No amount of hacking in the world could beat "The Healer" though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Tuxedo Ted posted:

So how about that Watch Underscore Dog?

I guess this was done before the protag got switched from a husband to an uncle. Or maybe the artist never learned the protagonist's relations because a dead daughter and estranged wife and son make a whole ton more sense than a dead niece. I never really followed the game's development myself. Can someone clue me in, was Mr. Inconspicuous Leather Duster ever anything more than a brother?

As far as the in game story goes no, so whoever drew that didn't care to actually play/pay enough attention to the game to get their facts straight when drawing their HIGH-LARIOUS webcomic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

aerion111 posted:

Speaking of tablet-to-console/PC connections, the mobile way to mess with people is actually moderately fun (certainly more fun than playing yet another cookie-clicker clone, or some badly-translated CYOA) and I'd want to see someone play on the other side to see how it was for the PC users.
I at least ASSUME they didn't 'fake' the players, since some of them rage-quit mid-game and other human behaviors (plus, there was the lengthy match-making, of course)

To summarize, you basically control a helicopter that can hack things within a certain distance (which, unlike on the PC/Console, doesn't immediately trigger them; They're essentially traps that go off when appropriate), and summon different types of cops.
The driver has to drive through checkpoints within a certain point, and the mobile-player has to prevent them from doing so.
Heck, the driver can get out and shoot down the chopper if they want, in which case there's a moderate respawn time.

I'd recommend it, if it wasn't impossible to get any matches nowadays (and the app is generally clunky to use too)
It's certainly been more fun, to me anyway, than the actual game.

That makes a bit of sense because the screenshots while you're at the loading screen for the CTOS race (where a console player races through checkpoints while a mobile player trys to stop them with cops and the various traps and such you can normally do) it shows the tablet player sending a message to the driver saying "I SEE YOU" or some poo poo like that that i've never seen anybody actually do.

• Locked thread