Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am he

talk to me about fahsion. i like it a lot. favorite designers, questions, etc. all welcome. im sure this thread will be a great success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

posting smiling
what are the best clothes i should buy? (my mall has an old navy and a hot topic)

saboten

i got the skert

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

There will be peace on earth when the last Diva is beaten to death with the bones of the last Paparazi.

Rahgozar

i buy my clothes from the thrift store and consider my personal aesthetic to be: Cheap

im cute

come to butt-head....

i am he

Classicist posted:

what are the best clothes i should buy? (my mall has an old navy and a hot topic)

hm i dont know. old navy might be the worst quality store, but their clothes arent necessarily ugly.

saboten posted:

i got the skert

cute skert

Rahgozar posted:

i buy my clothes from the thrift store and consider my personal aesthetic to be: Cheap

nothing wrong with buying clothes from the thrift store.

Rahgozar

my favorite thrift store shirt is bright blue and says
SQUIRT YO FACE on it in lime green with some goo

im cute

Rahgozar posted:

my favorite thrift store shirt is bright blue and says
SQUIRT YO FACE on it in lime green with some goo

wait, is it like the goo that's in a flat little plastic bubble that you can kinda squish around on the shirt?

tradjik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRGx6kv3ps
my fav fashions

FluffieDuckie

saboten posted:

i got the skert

:eyepop:

so jelly

FluffieDuckie

those pink polka dot ones are to die for

Rahgozar

paco650 posted:

wait, is it like the goo that's in a flat little plastic bubble that you can kinda squish around on the shirt?

no its just a drawing of goo

Ill take a picture tomorrow and share it with everyone

beer pal

i like fashion. i like to look at what people are wearing and go Hm... yes, that's cool. i think im gonna buy a really nice coat this winter.

i am he

a nice winter coat and a nice pair of boots are next on my list i think. i would love a yohji, or patrik ervell, coat, but im not sure i can swing that anytime soon.

Savage For The Winjun

i cant wait for winter its so much easier to dress
got such a swag sweater n scarf stash

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i am buying fun socks for my groomsmen a gift and i really liked this website: http://www.happysocks.com/uk/men/

owl milk

i am he posted:

a nice winter coat and a nice pair of boots are next on my list i think. i would love a yohji, or patrik ervell, coat, but im not sure i can swing that anytime soon.

coo. im lookin to get the vanson/sf double rider cus its awesome, then maybe some all white common projects or something similar cus i dont have any sneakers right now. after that a tux

i am he

oh i remember when that vanson project was just getting started, it was shaping up to be amazing though. and while i think common projects are sort of overpriced at retail i love mine i got barely used. who are you looking at for tuxes? all i've heard about tuxes is suitsupply does an ok one.

owl milk
well either i get a modern one like the suit supply or if i get into a good grad school i'm thinking david reeves bespoke white tie if i can save up for it. that would be in a couple years tho

weird

by zen death robot

saboten posted:

i got the skert

hahah

i am he

Haam posted:

well either i get a modern one like the suit supply or if i get into a good grad school i'm thinking david reeves bespoke white tie if i can save up for it. that would be in a couple years tho

for performance right? ive actually heard of david reeves in the context of a piano student needing a tux before.

owl milk

i am he posted:

for performance right? ive actually heard of david reeves in the context of a piano student needing a tux before.

yup, also for conducting if i get into thta

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Haam posted:

yup, also for conducting if i get into thta

do you need tails? i performed in tails so now i have a tux but it looks dumb anywhere off stage imo.

owl milk
any white tie ensemble (the type with tails) p much looks like poo poo unless its bespoke cus due to the open nature of the jacket it has to be perfectly cut to your body and very very slim. theres a lot of things that can go wrong with it, usually the vest sticking out from under the jacket which is a big no-no. you also need very high-rise pants that sit on or above the natural waist. i have a "tux with tails" for choir and it is hilariously bad, theres no way i would ever wear that if i was performing alone

basically it has to look like this:

except modern ones owuld have slightly higher lapels cus that's the fashion nowadays

tradjik

this is me irl

owl milk
cool

this is me irl wanna hang out?

i am he

Haam posted:

any white tie ensemble (the type with tails) p much looks like poo poo unless its bespoke cus due to the open nature of the jacket it has to be perfectly cut to your body and very very slim. theres a lot of things that can go wrong with it, usually the vest sticking out from under the jacket which is a big no-no. you also need very high-rise pants that sit on or above the natural waist. i have a "tux with tails" for choir and it is hilariously bad, theres no way i would ever wear that if i was performing alone

basically it has to look like this:

except modern ones owuld have slightly higher lapels cus that's the fashion nowadays

thanks. thats actually really interesting to me.

owl milk
further reading: http://www.blacktieguide.com/White_Tie/White_Tie_Intro.htm

Diqnol

Current BYOB fashion: Delete the forum you all post in

tradjik

take your capital letters some place where they are appreciated buddy

Salmiakki

i like fashion a lot. i personally tend to dress up in more masculine clothes since they look nicer on me, but i dont mind a dress or a skirt every now and then. leather jackets are my favorite

i am he

i dont like leather jackets much for myself, but i think they are nice on certain men and women.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

i just wrap myself up in cling film to save on washing :shrug:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

saboten posted:

i got the skert

whoa. you actually bought it!

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I like the cut of the skirt a lot

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Boys if you want the girls you need some oxford shoes and real boy pants.

Girls if you want the boys to go wowza you can wear stuff that is neat.

3D Megadoodoo

saboten posted:

i got the skert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Grandpa

"Trigger" is my trigger word.
I have this shirt. Am I fashion too?

• Locked thread