Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm a fan of "+7 steam dragon armour "Dimosub" {Slay+6}"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What does a formicid look like in real life?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Something like this I imagine.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that owns pretty hard

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Is it normal to find a gold dragon armor on the ground in D:2?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
only if you're playing a mage

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

gold dragon armour

12AC, 25ER, rF+ rC+ rPois. Can be created by enchanting a gold dragon hide. ER 23 in 0.16.
The chance of any particular randomly generated armour on D:1 being GDA is about 0.00873%.
<nht> stands for goddamn awful now
http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/darkli/morgue-darkli-20130616-213054.txt

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My personal formicid interpretation;

Boxing gloves mandatory for unarmed combat.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Seems pretty rare, which is neat. Guess I'll try and use it. TrMo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

My first win was an OgBe that found a GDA before the lair.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Just threw away my latest HuWa concoction who was casting lvl 8+ spells in GDA and finishing up his 15 rune run, RIP sweet prince, thanks bug that has your health bar not appear when resuming a game on webtiles.

Edit: Clearing literally every branch without finding a single source of Haste is loving infuriating, did they cut that spell from .16 or something?

Oh also no high lvl evocations whatsoever, that sucked too. RNG decided Every Good Weapon Ever was the name of the game.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 13, 2015

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

68k posted:

Seems pretty rare, which is neat. Guess I'll try and use it. TrMo.

Apparently they've changed the EVP to UC at some point but I still don't think this is a great idea

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

kaschei posted:

Apparently they've changed the EVP to UC at some point but I still don't think this is a great idea

Always wear GDA, never not dragon

On an unrelated note, does anyone else feel the storm god is absurdly overpowered? He basically trivializes the early and midgame for anyone wearing even moderately good armour. Apart from the ease of a melee 3-rune run (not that those are hard anyway) it provides for rear end-easy transition into an Ash lategame hybrid build. Ramping invocations and armour makes it trivial to survive throughout the majority of the normal game, gives you plenty of damage and safety, and lets you clear branches like Vault with minimal danger. Then when you flip to Ash you liquidate your invocations into spellskills, leave the armour, and almost immediately have a tremendously viable hybrid without any real downsides.

Being able to hurl screen-clearing murder while passively ramping offensive and defensive output, creating tons of safe squares, and passively murdering chaff is amazing and you don't even need decent gear to get by despite playing a normally squishy build. The penance is also pretty much a non-issue once you have decent resists since the summons don't actually do anything dangerous apart from punch.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 13, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
As long as it's being done, a troll is possibly one of the best options to do it on imo.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

I Love You! posted:

Edit: Clearing literally every branch without finding a single source of Haste is loving infuriating, did they cut that spell from .16 or something?
Haste only appears in one book now (Enchantments). The other book that had it, Wizardry, was removed.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
0.16 thread posted.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Can Of Worms posted:

Haste only appears in one book now (Enchantments). The other book that had it, Wizardry, was removed.

This still makes me mad. Haste feels really rare now and I got a lot more games without ever seeing it until, like, a second zig or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

See you there!

• Locked thread