Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Darth Windu posted:

Stoat! I will play. My crawl name is gowby.

Ok! Put this at the top of your 0.15 crawl rc file

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Stoat posted:

Ok! Put this at the top of your 0.15 crawl rc file

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats

DONE!

15 runes tonight. Hit me in the face if I'm wrong.

Oh my god that is an amazing name. Also lol as hell that I'm on a team with killstealing.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Someone pelase fucken add me

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

WYA posted:

Someone pelase fucken add me

I can vouch for this guy he is real as heck.

eyebrow
Aug 17, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Eyebrow, I added you but you're not showing up. Please make sure to add # TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat at the top of your rc file!

I'll mostly be a late night crawler; I'm not off most days until 10 EST or later. I'll add it when I'm home.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This was a really dumb game.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/InternetKraken/morgue-InternetKraken-20140830-032353.txt

So I see the first Nemlex choice combo is a Vinestalker Gladiator. That's a stupidly easy combo so I decide to go for it. However I realize a bunch of other people probably had the same idea, so I would have to play fast. Fast and sloppy, as I came very close to dieing multiple times. Honestly I only survived through dumb luck in a few instances.

Early on I found a lajatang and realized, hey, I can probably win without raising a skill above 13. Lajatangs reach min delay at 14, so with okawaru boost I'll still be attacking at max speed. Indeed my plan was sound but my sloppy play once again ruined everything, as I forgot to turn off several skills before they hit 13. Most of my skills are still under 13 so I sort of achieved it in spirit, but oh well.

I was disappointed about missing that title though, and then I realized I was still under 50,000 turns. I'm a vinestalker, I don't need to rest much. And if I dived through the dungeon, I might be able to get the orb in time. I only had roughly 10000 turns to go through Zot though, leading to the dumbest and most dangerous zot run I've ever done.

I just dived down to Zot:5, ignoring common sense telling me how easily I could be hosed over in the orb run. I got lucky with stair layouts making this possible. Zot:5 I blitzed through, throwing cautious to the wind and just charging into a group of orbs of fire. My ridiculous gear gave me max resists in nearly everything so it wasn't actually that dangerous, but I nearly died to an electric golem due to a lack of rElec. I didn't deserve it at all, but I managed to get a hold of the orb and just barely get out of the dungeon
under 50,000 turns.

So that's my dumb tournament story. I hate playing this fast and I usually gently caress up when I do so I'm still surprised I actually pulled this off. It was really stupid.

EDIT: And yet AGAIN my streak chance is ruined by jackals right at the start of the game! :argh:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 30, 2014

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

:(

I didn't really know War Gargoyles could gently caress you up so horribly at range. Was pretty close to clearing out V5 too.

Things I learnt while getting a SpEn the furthest I've got so far...

* Invisibility makes Shoals and Spider a breeze.
* Invisibility and Discord makes Orc a breeze (and funny)
* Elf was difficult but I had a fortunate layout with a set of stairs down a narrow path close to the entrance to the main vault. Lured a few at a time and took them out reasonably easily. Invisibility helps against a few types of elves too. Sadly no decent loot at all.
* Vaults 5 was great fun as Discord and Tornado absolutely ruins big groups. Titans were a bit of a challenge as were Gargoyles due to their resistances.

All in all a pretty fun game and I learnt a whole lot playing it. Gutted I still haven't managed to ever cast Necromutation but it was nice seeing Tornado for the first time. Definitely think SpEn's are a fun combo to play and given I had a pretty easy run with very mediocre gear (I was gutted I never found a branding scroll so I could get something better than draining on my quickblade) think I'll win with one sooner than later.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I had a great game and was set to get an easy win and streak, then I realized I was playing on Trunk.

Whoops.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Well, a really good VsGl gone because I thought jaunting through Vaults:5 was a brilliant idea instead of sneaking through Abyss for the third rune. I'm letting down my team name, clearly.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

favorite moment so far:

quote:

28126 | Orc:4 | Paralysed by an orc sorcerer for 6 turns
28128 | Orc:4 | HP: 3/88 [orc sorcerer/bolt of fire (9)]

I was directly between two sorcerers. Thank god for shrugging off repeat paralysis attempts.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Gonna take a second to gloat about this character before I inevitably get it killed:

LorrdErnie the Shatterer (Ogre Assassin) Turns: 30537, Time: 01:31:49

HP 136/167 AC 13 Str 20 XL: 15 Next: 56%
MP 26/26 EV 10 Int 10 God: Trog [******]
Gold 1278 SH 0 Dex 16 Spells: 0 memorised, 14 levels left

rFire + + . SeeInvis . T - +5 giant spiked club of Context {crush, rC++ MR++}
rCold + + . Clarity + Z - +0 fire dragon armour
rNeg . . . rCorr . (shield restricted)
rPois + rRot . (helmet restricted)
rElec . Spirit . E - +2 cloak of Limited Liability {Slay+6}
SustAb . Warding . (gloves unavailable)
rMut . Stasis . (boots unavailable)
Gourm . c - amulet "Hut Eloe" {Clar Contam rC+ Slay+3}
MR +++.. C - +5 ring of slaying
i - ring of poison resistance

@: extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: unfitting armour, tough skin 1
a: Burn Spellbooks, Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/LorrdErnie/LorrdErnie.txt

Yes that is +14 slaying. I was able to afford it at halfway through Orc.

Edit: I was right about this being bad luck I nearly died about 2 seconds after posting.

The ideology eater fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 30, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

quote:

Erolcha is devoured by a tear in reality.
Lugonu claims a new guest.

Karma is a bitch, ain't it :smug:

Roctavian posted:

I was directly between two sorcerers. Thank god for shrugging off repeat paralysis attempts.

I lost a DrCk to paralysis a few days ago. I completely forgot orc sorcerers could even paralyze you since it never seems to work.

BigSlacks
Aug 21, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Are you joining? Anyone who wants one of the remaining three spots needs to say so and let me know what their username is!

Eyebrow, I added you but you're not showing up. Please make sure to add # TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat at the top of your rc file!

Also, full disclosure for my ogre brethren: I will not be playing much, if at all, tomorrow because it is our wedding anniversary and we're going to eat a bunch of pasta, watch a movie, and get really drunk. If I do play tomorrow evening/night, please spectate me and laugh hysterically at my idiotic drunken splatting.

:doh: Well, I feel dumb now. Yes, please, I would like to join. I added "# TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat" to the beginning of my .15 rcfile. Thanks!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Sage Grimm posted:

Well, a really good VsGl gone because I thought jaunting through Vaults:5 was a brilliant idea instead of sneaking through Abyss for the third rune. I'm letting down my team name, clearly.

Waltzing through V:5 worked out pretty well for me.

(Turns out a +9 vampiric lajatang is a very good weapon for a vine stalker. Or anyone, really.)

Played this game in a pretty big rush (trying, and succeeding, to be the first to win the nemelex's choice), so I don't have too much to say. It's fun to play a 3-rune character that can take on three oofs at once, and win, resoundingly?

Ponderhat is great?

Yep. Ponderhat is great.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

LogicNinja posted:

DIBS.

I'll add #TEAMCAPTAIN Haifisch to my rcfile as soon as I am back at my computer.
RIP SirSamVimes. Welcome LogicNinja, and also rip.

E: I have the TrBe highscore. How do I have the TrBe highscore.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Why is Slime disqualified from the Ruthless Efficiency banner? How would that be cheesable?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Pitch posted:

Why is Slime disqualified from the Ruthless Efficiency banner? How would that be cheesable?

Jiyva gets you the rune for free.

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Started an OgHu in 0.15, question about throwing - does it still use STR as the main contributor to damage from stats? Or is INT ultimately more worthwhile?

Also, I might be totally subjective here, but I feel like the new font makes numbers harder to make out?

Meunkin fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 30, 2014

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Yet another stupid game with no rMut, and this includes 15 levels of Zig. I was going to 15-rune this dude, but it wouldn't be the first time I get severely bitch-slapped by a lack of rMut and end up dropping a character. 3 runes it is :S.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This is my first time playing in a tournament and I'm planning on going for as many banners as possible since I'm not very confident that I'll get a single victory (only managed to one win during the 5+ years I've played this game).

How do I check my stats from my games on webtiles? I want to be able to check which banners I already managed to get.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A list of all players can be found here:

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.15/all-players.html

Find yours on the list and click on it!

Alternatively, you can go directly to your tourney profile with a link like so:

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.15/players/YOURNAMEHERE.html

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pitch posted:

To add a little to what jeffrey said, if you happened to get one of the not-too-rare slime-entry-altar vaults, it would make RE II (reach last level of lair without ~) and RE III (get a rune without ~) basically the same - all you need to do is reach the altar and farm some piety in orc or something.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Yet another stupid game with no rMut, and this includes 15 levels of Zig. I was going to 15-rune this dude, but it wouldn't be the first time I get severely bitch-slapped by a lack of rMut and end up dropping a character. 3 runes it is :S.

You absolutely do not need rMut to get 15 runes. All characters, if played well, can avoid the vast majority of malmutations; you're a conjurer, so you're in pretty much no danger at all.

I'm not sure I'd recommend playing for 15 runes, since extended is not all that fun, but rMut is not really the consideration here.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pandemonium has too many cacodemons and neqoxec for you to avoid being malmutated unless you are EXTREMELY lucky. Even if you can nuke them down the second they appear, its possible to be surrounded by monsters that can malmutate you especially in places like Mnolegs realm. So I wouldn't even consider doing Pan without rMut or a large supply of cmut potions.

That's the only place I'd consider rMut necessary for though. The mutating demons barely ever spawn in the hells. They are rarely summoned in Tomb. Those two places can easily be done without rmut. Slime is trickier, the only thing that can mutate you are shining eyes but they are uncommon so if you have a way to nuke them instantly you should be fine. Abyss is terrible for loot so there's no reason to even do it before the others unless you want too.

EDIT: Oh cool, my FeAk just found a bazaar that had 3 food shops and an armour shop :smith:

EDIT 2: I'm so desperate for some spells I used an acquirement scroll to get a new book. It gave me a manual instead :smithicide:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 30, 2014

JollyGreen
Aug 23, 2010
c - the +10 trident "Xothat" (weapon) {pierce, +Fly rPois MR+}.

A fishing spear improved with a longer shaft and a three-pronged metal head.

Base accuracy: +1 Base damage: 9 Base attack delay: 1.3 Minimum delay: 0.6

It can be evoked to extend its reach.

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It protects you from poison.
It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
It lets you fly.

This weapon falls into the 'Polearms' category. It is a one handed weapon.

Found this before getting shoals and snake for my lair branches. drat.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

kaschei posted:

To add a little to what jeffrey said, if you happened to get one of the not-too-rare slime-entry-altar vaults, it would make RE II (reach last level of lair without ~) and RE III (get a rune without ~) basically the same - all you need to do is reach the altar and farm some piety in orc or something.
Oh right. It completely slipped my mind that you could even find Jiyva outside the royal jelly vault.

q - amulet "Psipt" {Spirit rElec rPois MR+ Str-2 SInv}

I don't think my OgBe will miss those 2 points of strength.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I had a great run until PleasingFungus literally murdered me with bad advice, telling me I didn't need rpois in swamp as an ogre. Turns out curare hurts and I'm a bad player!

To make up for it I just romped through swamp with a vinestalker and no rpois at all and it was super easy :effort:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mr. Despair posted:

I had a great run until PleasingFungus literally murdered me with bad advice, telling me I didn't need rpois in swamp as an ogre. Turns out curare hurts and I'm a bad player!

To make up for it I just romped through swamp with a vinestalker and no rpois at all and it was super easy :effort:
Vinestalker is seriously the easiest race. I'm extremely late on the VsGl bandwagon, but there's still one slot for it, and I'm a tiny bit tipsy and basically just tabbing my way through lair and orc right now. It's kind of unfair how good this race is, either the regen or the bite needs a nerf.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Goddamnit! I knew I was getting greedy trying to get 6 runes before death. :( I always underestimate how deadly the abyss is. I was up to max +16 slaying. :(

544856 LorrdErnie the Skullcrusher (level 25, -2/278 (289) HPs)
Began as an Ogre Assassin on Aug 30, 2014.
Was the Champion of Trog.
Slain by a chaos spawn (3 damage)
... on Level 3 of the Abyss.
The game lasted 04:46:52 (80077 turns).

LorrdErnie the Skullcrusher (Ogre Assassin) Turns: 80077, Time: 04:46:52

HP -2/278 (289) AC 24 Str 27 XL: 25 Next: 45%
MP 35/35 EV 16 Int 8 (10) God: Trog [******]
Gold 6393 SH 0 Dex 21 Spells: 0 memorised, 24 levels left

rFire . . . SeeInvis + a - +5 giant spiked club of Context {crush, rC++ MR++}
rCold + + + Clarity . q - +0 pearl dragon armour
rNeg + + + rCorr + (shield restricted)
rPois . rRot . l - +0 hat "Natwomamp" {rC+ Slay+2}
rElec . Spirit . E - +2 cloak of Limited Liability {Slay+6}
SustAb . Warding . (gloves unavailable)
rMut . Stasis . (boots unavailable)
Gourm . h - amulet "Xidaqyr" {rCorr rN+}
MR +++++ V - ring of Feowy {rN+ MR++ Str+3 Dex+3}
j - ring of see invisible

@: regenerating, studying Armour, almost entirely resistant to hostile
enchantments, unstealthy
A: unfitting armour, tough skin 1, placid magic 2
a: Burn Spellbooks, Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion
}: 4/15 runes: decaying, slimy, silver, gossamer

Got the second level of Vow of Courage at least. Should've just gone for the win. :/

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Ugh, I just know I'm not gonna win with this FeAk. You cannot do melee with this species. You need more AC. Too bad none of the spellbooks I've found have any defensive spells whatsoever!

I've already died 5 times I think. You're just so drat squishy.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Vinestalker is seriously the easiest race. I'm extremely late on the VsGl bandwagon, but there's still one slot for it, and I'm a tiny bit tipsy and basically just tabbing my way through lair and orc right now. It's kind of unfair how good this race is, either the regen or the bite needs a nerf.

The bite absolutely needs to be nerfed. It cripples spellcasting enemies, and almost every dangerous enemy is a spellcaster, especially in the late game.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Meunkin posted:

Started an OgHu in 0.15, question about throwing - does it still use STR as the main contributor to damage from stats? Or is INT ultimately more worthwhile?

Also, I might be totally subjective here, but I feel like the new font makes numbers harder to make out?

Int for repel missiles, swiftness, regeneration, and haste is better

Arghonautz
Oct 31, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: gently caress it I'm making Maximum Ogredrive. Let me know if you want in and I'll add you at once, otherwise it's gonna be a single fat ogre dying over and over and getting no points. # TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat

Any spots left? Love to hit stuff with big things. Arghonaut on cszo.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Meunkin posted:

After the Ranged revamp, ranged combat basically works like melee except from afar, so no, Strength gives the same ~2.5% increase in damage per point to Throwing like it does to everything else it affects.

So yeah, go take INT.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PleasingFungus posted:

You absolutely do not need rMut to get 15 runes. All characters, if played well, can avoid the vast majority of malmutations; you're a conjurer, so you're in pretty much no danger at all.

I'm not sure I'd recommend playing for 15 runes, since extended is not all that fun, but rMut is not really the consideration here.

Certainly you don't *need* rMut, but twice I've lost characters in extended to untimely berzerkitis. I'd just rather not go down that path again especially when I was in a position to collect 3 and try again.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

:(

I didn't really know War Gargoyles could gently caress you up so horribly at range. Was pretty close to clearing out V5 too.

"Sp: metal splinters (3d27)"

I think this checks AC 3 times, like LRD, but I can't be assed to check right now. Probably doesn't help much if it does when you're Sp though :(

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Does anyone have any experience with the Android version of crawl? I've got a PC USB keyboard hooked up to my '12 Nexus 7, and Crawl doesn't want to seem to recognise any command that requires the use of Shift or Ctrl.
The keyboard itself it working perfectly outside of SDL and I've inspected the keymapping in SDL and it's recognising the keys correctly.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm seeing an unreal amount of OOD monsters in 0.15 release that I don't ever remember seeing in 0.15 trunk and I played a lot of 0.15 trunk this summer.

For instance, a cyclops on D:10 (who died on two reflected large rocks :mmmhmm:)

Brannock fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 30, 2014

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
In hilarious bug news: player throwing skill will no longer be added to monster damage!

Nice catch, PF.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Arghonautz posted:

Any spots left? Love to hit stuff with big things. Arghonaut on cszo.

Just added you. Maximum Ogredrive has one spot left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I got Abyssed on the first turn by Louise! :D

Ain't a problem~

• Locked thread