Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Poulpe posted:

Yesterday I had a treasure trove ask me to reduce my favor with my god to 0 to enter :stare:
I did it, because I was with Okawaru and who cares, but is this a recent addition? I've only ever been asked to give it items before.

Was it worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I just encountered this. The ~4 walls next to me are metal while the rest is stone. Is this a hidden vault or a level generation bug?

LogicNinja posted:

Never mind, died due to cheimoving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Tarezax posted:

Well, there appears to be only one set of stairs down. Try going up some other stairs on D:3, see where you end up.

Yeah I realized that after I posted, derp. Turns out it was just an altar room, the rest of the level was normal aside from being disconnected. To note: the one stairway to D:3 way a trap door. Thought I might be walking into a special setpiece ambush.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

:crawl:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

back up a step, let it flounder in the water while you stab it, pray

not an awful start, honestly. I've seen a lot worse

and that trident means you're a gladiator, which means you have a supply of nets. so just net it once it gets into the water and murder it. boom, easy xp

(I know you're already dead, this is for the benefit of posterity)

That's actually what I did. Still died.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I just splatted a demonspawn gladiator of Oka that had a gifted +10 demon sword of freezing (and +3 Dex but who cares). A merfolk avatar mesmerized me and drowned me with its many water spirits. I had false confidence because I'd killed one on the previous level. Thank god I've died so many times before with good characters, or I would be super pissed.

Mana shield 2 plus a ring of wizardry (I think that's the one, whatever increases your mana pool) carried me through it for the most part. Annoyingly, I ran into a total of 3 amulets and 2 rings the whole game.

On to the next demonspawn!

On another note, how do you view morgue files?

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Just finished Tomb for the first time with 50% torment resistance. Even with that it was a loving slog. Find greater mummy! Fall back because he's too far away to close in on! Escape up stairs! Keep dancing while waiting for summons to disappear!

Overall, though, playing an unarmed demonspawn with claws 3/horns 3/talons 3 is really fun. I'm really surprised how much damage I put out. Not sure what to do with all these enchant weapon scrolls, though.

IronicDongz posted:

I'm a demonspawn with tier 2 talons :negative:

Well, at least you can use them until talons 3 kicks in!

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I haven't been playing that long, but not having sinv hasn't yet been a problem for me in elf. Certainly not as a minotaur anyway. They usually do it right in front of you, so you know how they'll approach you, and they don't move around too much. Even if you can't tell immediately, you can guess at it in just a few turns.

Now, those purple things in the later dungeon levels that move like bats? Yeah, those can be a problem.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

# TEAMCAPTAIN wya

Till the sweat drip down I Crawls

code:

1. ghoster
2. fitzyfitz
3. Handsy

Join up by quoting and adding your name

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

quote:

3736167 Handsy the Grand Master (level 27, 191/191 (249) HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Gladiator on Mar 9, 2015.
Was the Champion of Okawaru.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 6 runes on Mar 12, 2015!

The game lasted 14:42:20 (89200 turns).

first win :toot:

I think I felt strong enough to take on extended, but was very lacking in suitable resistance sets. An unarmed monstrous demonspawn does that I guess. Plus, not getting SustAb or rMut until my last 2 acquirement scrolls (one of which came from Zot:5) sucked.

Also, what is with the 249 up there? It looks similar to diminished str/dex/int, but quaffing a restore abilities didn't fix it.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Floodkiller posted:

it looks like you went to Tomb

A gentleman never tells.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Fun fact #1: Okawaru (and assumedly other gods) can gift you weapons of distortion.

Not-fun not-a-fact #2: gently caress you, Okawaru.

Probably would have made it out if I had actually picked up the rmut amulet that I specifically went back to my stash to get.

Is there any restriction on how early you can be gifted a distortion weapon, aside from having enough piety to receive gifts period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Don't wield-id weapons you wouldn't be okay with for "awhile". This means low base damage and weapons outside of the school you've raised. I know you want to know what that cool seeming randart mace is but just say no.

I actually kept it for a few levels of Lair, but I personally find it to be an annoying brand so I risked it earlier than I should have. Blink frogs.

• Locked thread