Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Haifisch posted:

Fun in crawl? This must be a mistake.

You try to play smart, but are undone by your fumble fingers: Fun.

Seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
What the heck is that "yak" race you show two games of?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So I have a fair amount of slaying in this game:
- ring of slaying +3
- ring of slaying +6
- -5 plate armour "Uchey" {rCorr Slay +4}
- +2 cloak of Criacwuz {Slay+4 Stlth--}
- +0 pair of gloves of Miracles {rElec rCorr Slay+3 SInv}

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

WereVolvo posted:

code:
Warning: Crawl encountered errors during startup:

No translations for language: grunt
Did... did someone remove grunt? :gonk:

For even more fun, try "fake_lang = grunt, grunt, grunt, grunt".

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Powercrazy posted:

Yep, and according to my morgue file it was this ring:
ring of Symmetry {+Blink rC+}
But I couldn't figure out how to actually use it. Probably would have been useful before I died v:shobon:v

You were looking at the right place, at least. Evokables like that appear in your 'a' menu.

Are you playing online, or offline? If you're playing online, you can probably get someone to spectate and answer your questions in real time.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Poulpe posted:

Yeahh, even Zot traps will mess you up in a recoverable way, and they're supposed to be the "worst" ones.
Shadow traps throw you in a "you should have taken steps to avoid this five turns ago" situation in an instant, and the fact that enemies can trigger them and yet are friendly to the summoned attackers is just icing.

Don't forget that you can't always see them! Sometimes you press 'o' and find you've got half a dozen nasties (plus or minus a pack) completely surrounding you. Can you even pass a 'stealth' check with them, or are they always alerted to you?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

vOv posted:

I wonder if you could make shadow traps more interesting by making them into Word of Recall traps, including giving them the 3-turn delay.

This would actually be really interesting: you can't stop the recall now, but you do have at least a moment to run/buff/summon instead of just autoexploring into an inescapable fight with no rewards.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there any way to drop gold? I'm gonna assume no but I've been wrong about obscure stuff before.

No, nor is there generally a reason to. Gold takes up no inventory, has no weight and is otherwise completely intangible for all purposes between pickup and using it at a shop/Zin sacrifice.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
One other thing that berserker offers as a zealot background is a from-the-get-go statement about magic. Some other backgrounds are unlikely to transition to much casting, but without that sort of magic rejection most characters could pick up apportation and animate skeleton, at the very least. Stating from the start that you're not using magic (or taking Trog wrath to do so) is kind of a notable change to how you play.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Wizmode report: If you abandon Ru 8 times after reaching full piety, don't reworship as Ru will have no more sacrifices to grant you. (I was trying to see if it was possible to sacrifice both hands as a Minotaur and headbutt my way to victory - it ain't)

What's even left at that point? You have a sickly, untrained one-armed thing stomping around loudly, it can't do magic, it can't manage to use anything at all except a one-handed weapon, every living thing loathes it on sight, it's practically falling apart as you look at it, and when it sees you it starts screaming uncontrollably and loses whatever meager skill it's attained.

Death would be a mercy.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I swear Vehumet hates me. :saddowns:

I'm running a TeCj, skilled up about 12 in fire and air, 0 in the other three elemental schools, and among my gifts:

Sandblast, Throw Icicle, Venom Bolt, Iron Shot, and my final three were Glaciate, LCS, and Chain Lightning.

Guess I have to hope for Annihilations to spawn.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Ramc posted:

"Kiku, and little Ru."

Hope that helps

But most of all Okawaru?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

PleasingFungus posted:

People should also start suggesting names for the new thread (and it'd be nice if someone else volunteered to make it; two is enough for me.)

I'll volunteer. Mind if I steal your template/anyone else feel like suggesting things that need to be changed?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Haifisch posted:

Apparently the # isn't allowed in the team name. Bear that in mind for rc purposes.

#notallmennas

1. Haifisch
2. LogicNinja
3. SomeoneAwful
4. SirSamVimes
5. ???
6. ???

Two slots left! Get em while they're hot!

I thought I already expressed interest!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Congrats to Brannock and Dee Ehm for well-timed victories!

I've got the 0.16 thread ready to post; should I post now for a thread to recruit team members, or wait until the tournament is right on us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
0.16 thread posted.

• Locked thread