Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
A bailey spawned an artifact steam dragon armor.

I'm playing a pale draconian.

:negative:

EDIT: Because I had to ID it - the cursed -3 steam dragon armour of the Valley {+Fly rPois Slay+6 Stlth--}

I guess I feel a little better now.

EDIT2:

Quiver which item? (- for none, * to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Quivering T - the cursed -3 steam dragon armour of the Valley {+Fly rPois Slay+6 Stlth--} for throwing.
Tossing away (i - inventory. (,) - cycle): T - the cursed -3 steam dragon armour of the Valley (quivered) {+Fly rPois Slay+6 Stlth--}
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line
You toss away the cursed -3 steam dragon armour of the Valley {+Fly rPois Slay+6 Stlth--}.
You hear a sizzling splash.

:911:

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Rollcall for my tournament team, Mutaholics Anonymous.

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Haifisch
^This goes into team members' 0.15 RC file. Make sure it's the very first line!

code:
# TEAMMEMBERS ...
1: Tarezax
2: gunofdis
3: legoman727
4: SirSamVimes
5: Monsoon
Post ASAP to let me know you're still alive and paying attention to crawl-type things. If you don't post by Sept 4, you're booted off and some other lucky soul(s) can get in. Many will enter, few will win. See store for details.

(Tournament teams finalize mid-day Sept 6, hence the cutoff. The tournament itself starts tomorrow afternoon. :derp:)
Still playing, but didn't check this thread for a couple days and missed this post.

Already lost two draconians! :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

LogicNinja posted:

Found the Shield of the Gong on this KoFi of Qaz. How awful an idea is this? I'm already making All The Noise anyway... how much SH would I need to wield this without penalty?

I think it's 21 SH to wield it without penalty.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

What kind of character is Qazlal good for anyway? I like the idea but I'm still getting my feet wet.

Qazlal is better for melee-focused/archer characters. He provides a pip of resist when hit by an elemental attack, gives extra SH scaling with piety, and free Repel Missiles at high piety. At max piety you can get a permanent pip of resistance. His invocations are a smite-targeted AoE blast, the ability to turn clouds owned by you into friendly elementals, and a massive screen-clearing AoE blast.

The tradeoff is that you get very, very loud. Abandon any hope of stealth, and prepare to face a lot of enemies streaming in to find you. I feel a caster would quickly run low on MP dealing with them.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Maxmaps posted:

Maxmaps the sneaky Demonspawn died in Vaults 5, holding two runes. I would be frustrated but that was by far my best run of all time. Seriously, second best was dying at Lair 5. Shoutout to the people on the IRC for being incredibly helpful to a complete newbie. I'll win this one day. I'm sure. :allears:

If you can survive V:5 you're basically set, imo. The only really dangerous bits after that are extended and Zot:5.

You're almost there!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I got my second win ever during this tournament so I'm happy.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

apple posted:

FR for pleasing fungus: Halve all bonuses from gloves, rounded down. Need rF++ for rF+, it's only logical

oh god

Nah, the second glove is just awkwardly strapped to the stump where the hand used to be.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

mitztronic posted:

Found an "exit from the abyss" in the labyrinth. I was having too much fun with my character to take a risk like this... I'm assuming it would have just taken me to the entrance of the labyrinth?

It's not an "exit from the abyss". If you read the description, it actually says "an exit through the infinite horrors of the Abyss."

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Dragon form should also get the healing from eating popcorn enemies :colbert:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Darox posted:

If a transmuter is standing next to something they can punch it.
Conjurers have fireball if they want an aoe nevermiss spell.

I'm not sure who benefits from this spell. v:shobon:v

Is it transmutations school? Because if so the opportunity cost for a transmuter is next to nothing, and having a never-miss aoe ability is pretty nice.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Superterranean posted:

probably a bug:

code:
The monstrous chaos champion is engulfed in freezing vapours.
 The monstrous chaos champion mumbles some strange prayers to NO GOD against
 you.
 You are blasted!
_The monstrous chaos champion is blasted.

He's smiting you with the power of atheism.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

If there's a mimic portal vault, it should have a bunch of skeletons inside with some artifact weapons and armor scattered about (because they're indigestible).

Also it should be like Slime and the walls burn you. And the floors. Better have rCorr or you're not getting any of that sweet loot.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Felids can't use weapons, so it's Unarmed all the way.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

So far all my best characters have been hybrid types. My tournament win was a VSIE that went for stabbing with the usual buff spells plus some conjurations for ranged damage and mana vipers as antimagic buddies.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Please Crawl responsibly. Don't Crawl when tired.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

My tournament win was with a VSIE. IEs make pretty good hybrids.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Next time Spellbinder causes a nasty summon, stop hitting things with it :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Well, there appears to be only one set of stairs down. Try going up some other stairs on D:3, see where you end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Poulpe posted:

Edit: Nevermind! Frozen to death by an ugly thing! :(

Crawl 0.16: Edit: Nevermind, I died

• Locked thread