Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I put my two weeks notice in like a week and a half ago and I didn't feel like going so I just called up went "hey i've got insomnia and im not coming in, fuckos". what are your favorite excuses for not going into work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
making GBS threads blood from how bad you guys hosed me last night wont be coming in tonigh

Said this last week

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
im gay

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

did the same thing op and i'm debating just telling them "go ahead and make something up you think is funny"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just cry into tnhe phone for as long as they'll let you while jacking off... it's the most rewarding way to go honestly

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
"i think i have fibromyalgia, the made up disease for people who want opiates."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I call out when I have a good book to read or would rather eat pencil shavings all day (every day).

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
"don't feel like it"

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I guy called in last week saying "I've got the sickness" so I'd try that.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I quit a job by telling them I didn't like working there and they were blown away by someone actually being honest.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Said I was trapped in an elevator and couldn't make it to work once.

Was with some people after a massive night of partying well into the next day and one of the girls called in sick citing a miscarriage. She was not pregnant obviously but her boss did not know that.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
If i were you OP i'd just email them the url to your avatar

they'll understand

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
"I'm not coming in because I'm sick...I just hosed my sister, it doesn't get any sicker than that." An excuse a guy the next hangar over actually used.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

open ur own company and become a consultant

u won't believe how much companies pay for software consulting

u gotta b good tho

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

awesome-express posted:

open ur own company and become a consultant

u won't believe how much companies pay for software consulting

u gotta b good tho

Buy Dell Bro

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Peanut President posted:

I quit a job by telling them I didn't like working there and they were blown away by someone actually being honest.

I did the same thing and the owner of the company, who I never even spoke to before, called me four times in the following week begging me to come back. I was like naw sorry bro. It was awkward.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

my fav excuse is that i can't work alongside fuckos as they trigger me

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I quit my job 2 or 3 weeks ago (I've been in a drunken insomniatic blur since that day). Came in, put my personals in a box, threw my resignation letter on the boss' desk and drove home. They treated me like poo poo, so I quit during their busy season. gently caress em. Oddly enough I quit my last job in the middle of a shift as well, they were pricks. You know, its like since jobs are scarce in Vancouver, business owners feel they can be huge assholes all the time for no reason.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I quit my job 2 or 3 weeks ago (I've been in a drunken insomniatic blur since that day). Came in, put my personals in a box, threw my resignation letter on the boss' desk and drove home. They treated me like poo poo, so I quit during their busy season. gently caress em. Oddly enough I quit my last job in the middle of a shift as well, they were pricks. You know, its like since jobs are scarce in Vancouver, business owners feel they can be huge assholes all the time for no reason.

What do you do? I'm asking for a layoff this morning

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
http://youtu.be/SeBjr8Bm_wA?t=7m41s

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
over the course of one lovely job i lost so many grand-uncles and grand-aunts it was tragic

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i just tell them im having a really painful period.
im also a guy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

"Sorry boss I can't come in I caught the 'bola"

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
my boss is ridiculously indulgent because he doesn't want to pay out for someone one "formally qualified" in CAD. Hope this helps op

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait can people just call in to work and get a paid day off? We actually have to get a doctor's note cuz otherwise people just take their allotment of legally mandated fully paid sick leaves whenever they feel like it

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

people just take their allotment of legally mandated fully paid sick leaves whenever they feel like it

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Wait can people just call in to work and get a paid day off? We actually have to get a doctor's note cuz otherwise people just take their allotment of legally mandated fully paid sick leaves whenever they feel like it

I have unlimited paid sick days but I think I need a doctor's note after five in a row.

:britain:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Depends on the company. In large companies you usually have to get a doctor's note because it's a formal process. In small companies, for example mine, it's really up to the leaders of each department to notice if any of their people are abusing days off and cut down on that poo poo. As for the guys I lead, I don't ask for certificates or anything, and I usually say okay if they need to come in late or skip a day for any reason, I promptly forget about it anyway, gently caress tracking that poo poo. If you do it enough that I notice you doing it, it's because you're doing it a lot and then we're having a talk.

It hasn't really happened to me, anyway, IT people are usually reasonable about these things. I know the guys in another department are terrible at assistance, but not my guys.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
quit being a whiny bitch and just go to work.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Despite the generous sickness policy no one seems to take many sick days where I work. In other jobs where there has been some slimy semi-legal way to get out of it people used to call in sick constantly...

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TOILETLORD posted:

quit being a whiny bitch and just go to work.

Lol scrub. Call your job and say everyone you know just died. I do it at least twice a month. They always fall for it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pochoclo posted:

Depends on the company. In large companies you usually have to get a doctor's note because it's a formal process. In small companies, for example mine, it's really up to the leaders of each department to notice if any of their people are abusing days off and cut down on that poo poo. As for the guys I lead, I don't ask for certificates or anything, and I usually say okay if they need to come in late or skip a day for any reason, I promptly forget about it anyway, gently caress tracking that poo poo. If you do it enough that I notice you doing it, it's because you're doing it a lot and then we're having a talk.

It hasn't really happened to me, anyway, IT people are usually reasonable about these things. I know the guys in another department are terrible at assistance, but not my guys.

We legally get 3 weeks sick days fully paid and then like, a month half pay and another month unpaid. Vacation days carry over year to year but sick days don't so you'd get stuff like everyone being sick for the last 2 weeks of december

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

I have unlimited paid sick days but I think I need a doctor's note after five in a row.

:britain:

Woah how is this not abused

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
I just go into work and get the whole office sick while I power through my illness. Sure I'm unproductive and a hazard to certain people, but you have to admire my work ethic.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

"Suffered brain injury from a Blow J, can't come to work today"

2 weeks later

"Gotta go for another brain scan to make sure there's no permanent damage from BJ incident. Won't be in today"

True story. Still haven't found out if I have brain damage or not. I'd assume someone would call me if I did.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Woah how is this not abused

Because if we abused it then we wouldn't be allowed to have nice things!

yoder00
Dec 29, 2008

by Ralp
I usually just tell them I'm sick then hang up before they can ask any questions.

And if I'm in the middle of the shift and feel like going home, I just swallow some dip(tobacco) and it makes you throw up then you feel better by the time you get outside.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Every decent company I have worked for didn't give a poo poo about why you were out until after you used up your pto.

Edit: granted I am talking about one or two days not a week or something...

MisterFister fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 28, 2014

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I used to kill off fictional relatives and attend their funerals.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MisterFister posted:

Every decent company I have worked for didn't give a poo poo about why you were out until after you used up your pto.

Were your vacation days lumped in with sick days? Like PTO is a catchall and taking a sickday used up one of them? Ours are separate so like I said earlier people would end up taking sick leaves to bank their vacation days for later

Also our population is lazy as gently caress so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Were your vacation days lumped in with sick days? Like PTO is a catchall and taking a sickday used up one of them? Ours are separate so like I said earlier people would end up taking sick leaves to bank their vacation days for later

Also our population is lazy as gently caress so

That sounds like a complete swindle. Sick leave is completely separate from holidays and we get something like 33 days a year.

Boyfriend gets something absolutely retarded like 40 days a year and most people are on 20 or 25.

• Locked thread