Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

Kra!

Cause you have to admire a group that can survive such foes as Ouch Touch the human eeleckrickal box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Whenever someone says they don't read the front page, I show them Monstergeddon.

Downworlders is probably the funniest.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Downworlders are the best. I loved the article where they listed all their threats, and most of them were alligators.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Haha, awesome. I'm keeping this once the season ends.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

garbage day posted:

Also, there are three Monstergeddon Gang Tag options, so vote on which one you'd like and I'll give them out.

Logo

I'd like to vote for this one, if I may. Although the other ones are cool, too.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Sweet! I vote for the logo gangtag as well, because I'm boring, but I'll gladly stand for downworlders if the majority so rules.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I gotta say I have a soft spot for KRAAA! Those downworlders need all the help they can get after that last hobo encounter.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Sweet! I vote for the logo gangtag as well, because I'm boring, but I'll gladly stand for downworlders if the majority so rules.

Kra!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If we're doing bespoke avatars, well, I can think of one that would suit my username quite well. :wink:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I curse the day I chose to lurk instead of post in this thread, but I think the Downworlders tag is the best, too. They're also lurkers, but they probably post more often.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

As a living skeleton I am casting my vote for the monstergeddon cup gang tag.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kra! All the tags are great but you gotta love the Downworlders.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

You know, I was thinking about the new AV, and it occurs to me that Wario is pretty monstrous even without the vampire getup. I mean, here he's seen just chilling with some dudes...

(Image taken directly from German Nintendo Power)

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

EDIT: As a monster irl....

OK, I'll "bite": what kind of monster are you? Serial killer? Brony?

I figure the most frightening monster is dog who turns on her owner, so hopefully not that.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Choco1980 posted:

You know, I was thinking about the new AV, and it occurs to me that Wario is pretty monstrous even without the vampire getup. I mean, here he's seen just chilling with some dudes...

(Image taken directly from German Nintendo Power)

Literally making a pact with the Horned God...Wario is loving cool!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Onomarchus posted:

OK, I'll "bite": what kind of monster are you? Serial killer? Brony?

I figure the most frightening monster is dog who turns on her owner, so hopefully not that.

I've talked about it elsewhere, but I'm a flesh golem along the lines of Frankenstein's monster. Covered in scars, and filled with dead body parts. Electricity wasn't used in my creation, and I'm more alive than dead, but being made of 4 people, several who had to die for me to live is close enough as I see it.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

KRAAAAA gangtag is the only acceptable gangtag. SOMEONE must stand for the poor downworlders.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
Kra! I stand for downworlders.

Also, can someone toss up Keller's av? I'd totally spring for Giggerota.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I don't remember if Bigfoot showed up before or not, but I really hope he's a possessed monster truck and not a sasquatch.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

garbage day posted:

Happy Halloween, and thanks for supporting Monstergeddon!

game master loath would make for an awesome avatar I think

also the Scotty Gervis one works best as a gang tag imo

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Sasquatch has shown up a few times. Always as a crude, sexist jerk that can't type because his fingers are too big. The joke is that his icon is Bigfoot, which is great.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Fuckin' Sasquatch is the best character, just the horrible typing and completely inappropriate commentary makes him great. The line about finding the invisible man's dick in the last update was hilarious.

Also: KRA

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

yeah, sasquatch has been around a while, and he's a terrible, offensive, serial rapist.

I love his posts, obviously.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is it wrong I kinda want Howard to get a 'legit' win? Come on, dogballz, you can do it.

Also the image of a kaiju having a tantrum because he didn't get a trophy is amazing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I am rereading the old ones from the start, still hilarious.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is it wrong I kinda want Howard to get a 'legit' win? Come on, dogballz, you can do it.

Also the image of a kaiju having a tantrum because he didn't get a trophy is amazing.

I don't know, would he really be the same dogballz we all know and love if he didn't have to find excuses for his shortcomings on a regular basis?

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, would he really be the same dogballz we all know and love if he didn't have to find excuses for his shortcomings on a regular basis?

There are stock characters in Yiddish folklore and joketelling known as the schlemiel and the schlemazel. As the saying goes, "the schlemiel is the one who drops his soup on the way to the table, and the schlemazel is the one the soup lands on."

Ted, of course, is the schlemiel. His intentions are always good, but any attempt he makes to improve a situation inevitably ends in making things worse. And who suffers the brunt of Ted's incompetence? None other than Howard, the schlemazel.

In this case, though, Howard is such a self-centered jerk that he has karmically earned his status as schlemazel, so we're able to laugh at him more than pity him. In fact, Howard literally created his own tormenter by biting Ted to begin with.

This dynamic is a trope that has existed since the dawn of comedy, and it's put to perfect use here. May it live forever.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yes, but what does that have to do with Rabbit Stew?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

Well, you can't really have that because it's actually Duck Season.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, you can't really have that because it's actually Duck Season.

oh gently caress

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

I believe Laverne and Shirley were singing a period hopscotch rhyme, since their show took place in the late 50's. Like the vaudeville jargon, the rhyme is Yiddish in origin.

Also see: what the hell is this ridiculous babbling that Popeye flies into sometimes?

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

Spinach Psychosis

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Same here, and hoping we haven't seen the last of MONSTERGEDDON! There are so many monsters and forum drama left to mock

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So is the gang tag voting closed now?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Just to put on the :tinfoil: for a moment, I'm going to point out an observation. I was looking back over past entries and noticed back last year, in the dating thread everyone's favorite MRA Elevator Ghost, Phantom Menace, declared his intentions to one day haunt the server in revenge after JWhore humiliated him publicly. After that, he suddenly seemed to have a vendetta against the feminist monsters on the board, and is apparently one of the chief opponents in #Kellergate. Also, he's been outed as being able to hack as well. I think it's very possible that he's aligned with the Colts and Scotty Gervis...

I miss the monster that used womyn with zero irony because it helped articulate the stupidity of internet SJW/MRA debates or crusades

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Onomarchus posted:

I wonder what is going on with LuvsTaKill's tagline (which I assume means "Scotty Gervis for President") spreading to other monsters (UndeadTed and Dogballz69). They seem to be themselves, meaning he has not killed them and posted on their accounts that way, but they don't seem the type to be supportive or ironical about adopting it. I suspect hacking.

In fact, LuvsTaKill may have hacked Deathgirl's information and doxxed her to frame Phantom Menace or others, but knowing what we know about the #KellerGate community/"movement," I doubt that false-flag theory is correct.

I just read that as the werewolves patronizing Gervis. We used to do that type of poo poo on the forums I used to admin. Somebody shows up to talk poo poo about something or another, and the sarcastic assholes all join his fan club.
Idk about Ted, maybe Ted was just kissing Gervis' rear end because he saw it as a solution to the wife problem. But Howard seems exactly the type to me. He was clearly messing with him with the Batman derail, and Howard doesn't sweat a showdown, or at least doesn't let on that he does- he straight up murdered Masked Slasher, and called him out both before and after Slasher turned undead, for not showing up to kill him. Howard was standing back and laughing about Leopold, too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cubone posted:

I just read that as the werewolves patronizing Gervis. We used to do that type of poo poo on the forums I used to admin. Somebody shows up to talk poo poo about something or another, and the sarcastic assholes all join his fan club.
Idk about Ted, maybe Ted was just kissing Gervis' rear end because he saw it as a solution to the wife problem. But Howard seems exactly the type to me. He was clearly messing with him with the Batman derail, and Howard doesn't sweat a showdown, or at least doesn't let on that he does- he straight up murdered Masked Slasher, and called him out both before and after Slasher turned undead, for not showing up to kill him. Howard was standing back and laughing about Leopold, too.

I don't know, I get the impression that Howard is all bark and no bite.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
There's not necessarily a reason why deathgirl's death had to be related to any hacking, I mean she had already revealed her weakness to Scotty and her address was revealed when phantom menace was creeping on her.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Woohoo! I can't believe I won the Monstergeddon cup by just killing people's time! :haw:

If it's okay to ask continuity questions, when did Scotty Gervais come back from the dead? I thought I read through everything, but I can't remember.

Rumda posted:

There's not necessarily a reason why deathgirl's death had to be related to any hacking, I mean she had already revealed her weakness to Scotty and her address was revealed when phantom menace was creeping on her.

Unless you count social engineering as hacking.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Yay gang tags! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If it's okay to ask continuity questions, when did Scotty Gervais come back from the dead? I thought I read through everything, but I can't remember.

Sometime after last year's Monstergeddon. FaceOfFear complained about not getting acknowledgement for killing his nemesis, and then some time after that the Colts started hanging out win a new member who's actually good at killing monsters, but we didn't find out it was Gervis until the last update .So, whenever the Colts got their new member, I assume.

edit: First mention is in the Free Howard update.

Cubone fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 5, 2014

• Locked thread