Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Musket posted:

They actually work really well. Better than gatoraid and water, but dont skip the water.

the one problem with pedialyte is that the dose listed is for children so oyu gotta double it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
It took me forever to make it enough of a habit to never forget to do it but drinking lots of water really works, it's been years since I've had a debilitating hangover and I certainly didn't start drinking any less. Once you get a bad hangover nothing in my experience really helps, you just have to sleep it off.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
lol at people who are adults but havent figured out yet that you can get liver failure-drunk and not be hungover if you drink enough water

like you could literally give yourself alcohol poisoning and not have a hangover the next day if you had an appropriate amount of water and some people cant even manage to drink some bigass glasses of water before they stagger into bed

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Fandyien posted:

maybe but it's objective fact that alcohol is below benzos, amphetamines, painkillers, and reefers on the drug spectrum

yeah but it's easy to get and comparatively cheap so gently caress it

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Here's my never-fail hangover prevention/cure method:

THE NIGHT BEFORE
1) Drink like a big big gatorade or maybe just some water
2) Try to remember to take your shoes off before collapsing onto something at least moderately comfy

AFTER YOU EVENTUALLY WAKE UP
3) Caffeine, be it of the coffee or energy drink variety
4) Garbage food...try not to puke this up
5) Trees. Not too much though, there's a sweet spot
6) Maybe some more water if you want
7) Lie down in the shower and fall asleep while listening to mopey country-rock

Maybe try to "squeeze" a wank in there somewhere too if you can

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Orgasms are p awesome when hungover but coming down from it sucks poo poo

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 715 days!)

when your jackin it hungover gently rest a glass of icewater against the underside of your scrotum it is extremely soothing

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

when your jackin it hungover gently rest a glass of icewater against the underside of your scrotum it is extremely soothing

I'm going to try this tonight.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The last time I got drunk was about three weeks ago and when I came home I was sick on my Kindle.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I am a real bitch I guess because the excessive water thing doesn't work too well

tbf this was after like a whole day of drinking tho, that was the last time I was really bad the day after

I went to a beer festival a few weeks ago though and also drank all day and did not have a hangover the day after but was not nearly as drunk that day I guess

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
best hangover cure is 6 bloody marys the next morning.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Monkey Fracas posted:

I am a real bitch I guess

you are {in fact} a real bitch. how will u live with this?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Musket posted:

best hangover cure is 6 bloody marys the next morning.

this but mimosas

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

this but mimosas

i am not a sophisticated uptown girl im not allowed to drink a mimosa

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
yeah the best thing is to just have some more drinks but you can't always do that

Theshby posted:

you are {in fact} a real bitch. how will u live with this?

it is my cross to bear for life

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Drink some gatorade, a coffee, a lot of water, and take some excedrin. Also stop being a pussy.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Don't take Excedrin after drinking, it's bad for your liver. Take Ibuprofen.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
if i even drink like one beer i wake up the next day feeling like i didnt sleep at all, wtf is that about

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Chuck Tanner posted:

if i even drink like one beer i wake up the next day feeling like i didnt sleep at all, wtf is that about

what happens if you drink 20 beers?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
hey dumbass just get a saline drip going and some aspirin and caffeine ull be good in no time... unless ur not a phd in which case fuckin lmao @ this basic rear end b*tch nigga .... lmao

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i didn't start drinking until i was 18 because i was an unpopular straight-edge goober until i got to college. so i basically missed out on my prime drinking-with-no-hangover years and i'm really sad about it.

but anyway, i always wake up the next morning with an extremely upset stomach. no headache, no sensitivity to light or anything, i just have to poo poo a lot and either start throwing up or dry retching into the toilet. i drink shitloads of water in between drinks but if i drink more than a moderate amount it still happens. it sucks. i think my stomach is just a pussy and always will be.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

smoke some pot and forget about it and stop posting as well

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

ethanol posted:

smoke some pot and forget about it and stop posting as well

I like posting tho

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

SaltLick posted:

Orgasms are p awesome when hungover but coming down from it sucks poo poo

it sounds weird but it's so true

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
In this order upon waking:

Water
Vomit
Poop
Shower
Diazepam
Greasy food
Bad TV
Nap

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
These days, when I drink heavily for several nights in a row, I develop horrendous paranoia, racing heartbeat and insomnia when I finally stop. This is particularly sucky when you consider that my main drinking nights are Friday and Saturday: imagine feeling that way on Sundays, when you've got work in the loving morning. I've found that taking sleeping pills on Sunday night will neutralise the symptoms, allowing me to get a reasonable amount of sleep and to not feel quite like absolute death when I wake up on Monday mornings.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Sure, I could just drink less/ not at all at the weekend but gently caress that gay pussy poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I used to be able to go out on a Friday night, be at the bar til three, in bed at four, up at seven, and at work at 9.

Once I turned 25 that kind of poo poo would leave me sleeping til the mid-afternoon at the earliest.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Umiapik posted:

These days, when I drink heavily for several nights in a row, I develop horrendous paranoia, racing heartbeat and insomnia when I finally stop. This is particularly sucky when you consider that my main drinking nights are Friday and Saturday: imagine feeling that way on Sundays, when you've got work in the loving morning. I've found that taking sleeping pills on Sunday night will neutralise the symptoms, allowing me to get a reasonable amount of sleep and to not feel quite like absolute death when I wake up on Monday mornings.

uh there's something wrong w/your body. that sounds like withdrawals but thats like impossible after only two days of drinking

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fandyien posted:

uh there's something wrong w/your body. that sounds like withdrawals but thats like impossible after only two days of drinking

Then I shall acquire a new body. Thank you, internet doctor!

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

homercles posted:

what happens if you drink 20 beers?

same thing

so usually if im gonna only have one drink i just get hammered instead because the outcome is the same

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
my system has always been to drink twice as much water as i drank, half a cup per shot to make easier, a multivitamin and a greasy pizza before i go to bed and the worst i get is a mild headache

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ya pussies just gotta drink every night so the hang over goes away and turns into withdrawal symptoms at 6pm.

seriously though eat some good drat food. if you're gonna drink all night plan ahead and have food available half way through and drink water. don't even need a ton of water, a glass or two while drinking then as much as you can reasonably chug without getting sick before bed. a banana in the morning restores all that potassium you pissed out.

also stop being a bitch

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Fandyien posted:

Nah, I get that as well and have done for years (I drink heavily once every couple of months and not much besides that). Apparently it's quite common.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

I never get hangovers no matter how much I drink because I'm not a retard and drink tons of water before passing out. Hangovers are primarily due to dehydration so drink plenty of water before you go to sleep fags

congrats on being 20 and no they're not

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Fandyien posted:

yeah cheap whiskey and ginger ale definitely owns. same w/whiskey sours. love that poo poo

one night this earlier this summer I ended up drinking about a fifth of seagrams VO making ginger ale highballs, passed out completely plastered with the lights on and still got, cleaned myself up, and got in my car and made it to work on time, made it through the day without any problems. after drinking like a fish for the past 6-12 months due to not being able to :420: i havent noticed a single debilitating hangover all summer.

basically, water is the prevention, weed is the cure. diphenhydramine works well for aborting and sleeping hungover day (but also dehydrates u big time so beware) and benzos help ur brain think its still drunk or something which can help bring u down a little more gradually. historically, my nasty hangovers have always been late onset and I can always feel them coming like a hurricane swirling off the coast...thankfully this gives me time to prepare and board up the windows (read above re: taking weed/benadryl and aborting the day).

ive only had to resort to sucking on non frozen pedialyte popsicles twice in my lifetime, not proud of that.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i got my first two-day hangover the month i turned 31, it wasnt pretty

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
if you had a real hangover you wouldn't be posting on the internet

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

take vitamins before you go to bed drunk, esp. one of those 1-a-day dealies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU