Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The entire issue with introducing Seasons now splits the player base in quarters. You have Normal, hardcore, Normal Season, hardcore season. All 4 of these cannot share anything with each other so You start from scratch with Normal or Hardcore season and your paragon levels don't even transfer over. When the season is over your Guy becomes a regular normal or hardcore character and you cannot re-use them for next season. Any paragon experience rolls over when the season ends but not the levels. So if your Normal guy is Paragon 200 and your Season guy is Paragon 30 you don't get 30 levels, you get the experience of the 30 levels added to your non-season paragon total.

Also if you have 10 characters you have to delete one or two in order to play a season to begin with. They're not increasing the character slots because that will ruin the digital CE edition's bonus of extra character slots.

So in the end, you now have a much smaller pool of players to choose from because of how divided everything is, to get the exclusive season reward helm you have to start a new guy and level to 70 and you can't use any of your previous items, you have to play through the 5 acts yet again, and they still have not fixed the item drops all that well.

Mind you the original idea was that you could have used your equipped guy starting at 70 and you would have been able to just do the conquest points as an extra challenge and didn't need to make a new character and it would have been a different mode like the assorted difficulties. But then e-peen got in the way and it apparently destroyed ~item prestige~ so now it's a less fun version of what was originally intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
reaper of taints

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Still no offline mode either. I really wanna know how hard it is to just up drop rates across the board because that's been the #1 issue since D2.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

aside from the character slot thing i dont see a problem with seasons. well, bye.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I thought you couldn't share anything anyway? I remember all drops being on an individual basis and you could only trade stuff that dropped while playing with friends.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Verisimilidude posted:

I thought you couldn't share anything anyway? I remember all drops being on an individual basis and you could only trade stuff that dropped while playing with friends.

you can't trade BOA legendaries, and all your normal mode characters could share items with the bank chest.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Verisimilidude posted:

for some reason they decided that all legendaries should be account bound when picked up, but tradeable to people who are in the same game as you when it dropped. they realized this was a bad idea and the console version of reaper of souls lets you just straight up trade legendaries again.

i dont know what the reapster means by drop rates being a problem because they're really generous now? you can expect to get a legendary every hour or so, even without playing on torment

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

i dont know what the reapster means by drop rates being a problem because they're really generous now? you can expect to get a legendary every hour or so, even without playing on torment
Most legendaries you get have real poo poo stats still.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

maybe i'm lucky but most of my legendaries have been useful. i would like it if they put some sanity checks on legendaries because i remember having a few runs of bad luck. so i guess i agree with you.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The Taint Reaper posted:

you'd think if they were going to block legendary trading they'd at least make them really good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Verisimilidude posted:

you'd think if they were going to block legendary trading they'd at least make them really good.

Yeah pretty much this. I wound up sharding so many because there were greens that were better.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I frankly don't see the problem, OP.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
taint reaper i feel like you play 100 games at a time please c/d

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

people have been whining for them to add ladders since launch so good for them for finally doing it i guess?

Dec 26, 2012

taint reaper hosed up making a worthwhile thread again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

01011001 posted:

taint reaper hosed up making a worthwhile thread again
at least 50% of the threads on this forum are by taint reaper

okay realistically more like 20% but still

Dec 26, 2012

his dedication is commendable, much like blizzard's dedication to eke a more worthwhile game out of the steaming turd that was diablo 3, but it falls flat because ultimately neither this thread nor diablo 3 are particularly good even after iteration

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You are a loving idiot. D2 has been doing this for years. People STILL play that game. Not to mention, when the league ends after 4 months, your character becomes normal.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kazvall posted:

You are a loving idiot. D2 has been doing this for years. People STILL play that game. Not to mention, when the league ends after 4 months, your character becomes normal.

I wouldn't really have a problem with that if I didn't have to delete one of my guys.

That and adventure mode is locked apparently until you beat the campaign again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wouldn't really have a problem with that if I didn't have to delete one of my guys.

That and adventure mode is locked apparently until you beat the campaign again.

You don't have enough character slots? Jesus.

E: Just have fun, man. d3 is good again!

EE: I should not have said "good again", it's merely good now as it blew before but now with d2 mode I'm happy

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kazvall posted:

You don't have enough character slots? Jesus.

E: Just have fun, man. d3 is good again!

EE: I should not have said "good again", it's merely good now as it blew before but now with d2 mode I'm happy

There were achievements for raising two of each type. :negative:

The only thing I really give a poo poo about is the transmog, which while boring to get is entirely possible in the time given(did they confirm 4 months? or are you guessing).

I Don't give a poo poo about leaderboards, I just want to complete things.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, leader boards are whatever. I'm excited for the league only legendarys and gems. Also, I only play hardcore, so whatever. Play hardcore with me TAINT REAPER.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kazvall posted:

Play hardcore with me TAINT REAPER.

Only when they stop giving elite packs waller,ice, poison, and poo poo all at once.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Only when they stop giving elite packs waller,ice, poison, and poo poo all at once.

It can be rough, sure. Somehow Surc has like 4 level 70 toons all geared out in hardcore. You just have to be careful and not go into rifts unless you are ready for them.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why would you play d3 over d2, I don't understand

you don't even have to do anything fancy to get it to run on new computers

Dec 26, 2012

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

darealkooky posted:

why would you play d3 over d2, I don't understand

you don't even have to do anything fancy to get it to run on new computers

I exclusively played d2 until my hardcore necro died. Now that d3 is closer to d2, I'm playing d3. It was not worth playing, until now. No joke.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really enjoy diablo3 on my ps3

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Video Viddy Games posted:

i really enjoy diablo3 on my ps3

It's pretty weird how the loot rules for consoles are different and how the PC version would probably benefit greatly from them and vice versa. Like just combine both.

Dec 26, 2012

what did they change for the console version

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

01011001 posted:

what did they change for the console version

Did you ever play balsdurs gate for the Xbox?
It controls like that. Its got a cool ui for consoles, controls are tight, you can dodge roll with every character by pressing right stick in any direction, walking over poo poo searches. got everything from the PC up to patch 2.06 i think

Dec 26, 2012

yeah i mean lootwise

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

01011001 posted:

yeah i mean lootwise

o
well I've been playing hardcore for about four hours and I've had six legendaries drop as well as p. nice rares and blues

Feels balanced

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

The entire issue with introducing Seasons now splits the player base in quarters. You have Normal, hardcore, Normal Season, hardcore season. All 4 of these cannot share anything with each other so You start from scratch with Normal or Hardcore season and your paragon levels don't even transfer over. When the season is over your Guy becomes a regular normal or hardcore character and you cannot re-use them for next season. Any paragon experience rolls over when the season ends but not the levels. So if your Normal guy is Paragon 200 and your Season guy is Paragon 30 you don't get 30 levels, you get the experience of the 30 levels added to your non-season paragon total.

Also if you have 10 characters you have to delete one or two in order to play a season to begin with. They're not increasing the character slots because that will ruin the digital CE edition's bonus of extra character slots.

So in the end, you now have a much smaller pool of players to choose from because of how divided everything is, to get the exclusive season reward helm you have to start a new guy and level to 70 and you can't use any of your previous items, you have to play through the 5 acts yet again, and they still have not fixed the item drops all that well.

Mind you the original idea was that you could have used your equipped guy starting at 70 and you would have been able to just do the conquest points as an extra challenge and didn't need to make a new character and it would have been a different mode like the assorted difficulties. But then e-peen got in the way and it apparently destroyed ~item prestige~ so now it's a less fun version of what was originally intended.

Im not going to read it. Could you sum it in 6 words or less? Thanks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

He's upset he can't twink anymore.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pewdiepie posted:

taint reaper can't make good posts

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

He's upset he can't twink anymore.

Uhhhhhh Ok then. *eyes the Op suspiciously*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Taint Reaped again, you human being.

• Locked thread