Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
they're not easily metabolized, and its kinda like melting down a bunch of good cassette tapes with music on them to make blank cassette tapes.

can some kind goon soul brainstorm possible explanations to solve this question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Eating brains eases the pain of being dead. This is Zed101 dude.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i've never actually seen a zombie flick where they actually eat brains specifically. i mean it happens incidentally during the rest of ht eating process but they never crack the skull open and go right for it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fandyien posted:

i've never actually seen a zombie flick where they actually eat brains specifically. i mean it happens incidentally during the rest of ht eating process but they never crack the skull open and go right for it

Kill yourself.
| /
|/

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Fandyien posted:

You haven't seen Return of the Living Dead? Truly a classic.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
send more paramedics

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
if theyre gonna eat the brain is it cool if i ask for a little extra like minding the stepchildren tia?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Costello Jello posted:

i've only seen that clip where the chick gets naked on the gravestone, i figured the rest of it wasn't worth watching on account of it not being john romero, was i hella wrong?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
send more cops

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Fandyien posted:

i've only seen that clip where the chick gets naked on the gravestone, i figured the rest of it wasn't worth watching on account of it not being john romero, was i hella wrong?

yeah its a good one. rest are crap imo

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Fandyien posted:

Hella, hella wrong. I resisted it for a long time but it's a pretty great zombie flick.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

because shameful memories are the most delicious part of a human being

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fandyien posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6K9zK9ZWSg

Brains! MORE BRAINS!

It's campy as hell, but a lot of fun.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?
at the beginning the first couple zombies actually liked eating brains or whatever then when all the new zombies started showing up, they're all like "i'm hungry what should I eat?", see the other zombies eating brains, and then they're all "oh ok I'm supposed to eat brains" and then they go do that. Humans pretty much eat chickens and cows and pigs because that's what you're supposed to do and you're weird if you don't do that and so zombies are probably the same way I guess

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

brains for dinner, brains for lunch brains for brunch brains at every single meal why cant we have some guts

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

forgot brains for breakfast

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

because, quite simply, they are delicious

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Aineris posted:

at the beginning the first couple zombies actually liked eating brains or whatever then when all the new zombies started showing up, they're all like "i'm hungry what should I eat?", see the other zombies eating brains, and then they're all "oh ok I'm supposed to eat brains" and then they go do that. Humans pretty much eat chickens and cows and pigs because that's what you're supposed to do and you're weird if you don't do that and so zombies are probably the same way I guess

that seems reasonable

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

do you think zombies like sadbrains too or do they just nojt give a poo poo

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Aineris posted:

Look I don't know what makes YOU think but zombies are not people fuker

JustCait
May 28, 2014

Costello Jello posted:

A very touching story, everyone should watch.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
Why don't the victims know what a zombie is? Every character in a vampire movie at least has a basic understanding of vampires. Except when they're "different from the stories".

naem
May 29, 2011

Brains are usually for silly zombie flicks, usually it's just MEAT which is much scarier

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Why don't the victims know what a zombie is? Every character in a vampire movie at least has a basic understanding of vampires. Except when they're "different from the stories".

Is there a monster movie where it looks like it's a certain type of monster and people guess that's what it is, but it turns out to be wrong multiple times? "How'd you know rubber balloons were its weakness?" "Man, I was just trying whatever at this point."

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

lonesomedwarf posted:

do you think zombies like sadbrains too or do they just nojt give a poo poo

I bet it's like when you're eating pistachios, and then all of a sudden you get one that tastes really lovely even though it looks like all the other ones.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Fandyien posted:

yeah its pretty great

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Is there a monster movie where it looks like it's a certain type of monster and people guess that's what it is, but it turns out to be wrong multiple times? "How'd you know rubber balloons were its weakness?" "Man, I was just trying whatever at this point."

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

porkchop_express posted:

send more cops

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Fisticuffs posted:

Look I don't know what makes YOU think but zombies are not people fuker

"to have lived and and loved is better than to have never loved at all"

- g. washington, socrates, your mom

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

I bet it's because the legend of the vampire is many hundreds of years old, and so if people in the "reality" of the movie encounter them it's easy to be like "Oh man, the stories were true!!"

But zombies didn't really exist before John Romero and the '70s, so it would seem dumb if the people in the movie were like "Oh man, these monsters are coincidentally just like those movies!!"

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

naem
May 29, 2011

Off topic but what if you were a goth vampire, with full on eye makeup and peircings and the whole spooky goth clothing vibe, and then goth stuff goes way out of style but you're going to exist forever.

That would suck you'd get all depressed I bet. And where would you find your victims if the goth club shut down and reopened as a hip hop venue, do you start wearing cornrows and driving an escalade?

I AM GALADRIAL ABISS AND I WILL SPOOK YOU BACK TO MY CASTLE AND, wait no um *clears throat* YO IM DONTE AND GIRL YOU LOOKIN GOIOOOD

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

naem posted:

Off topic but what if you were a goth vampire, with full on eye makeup and peircings and the whole spooky goth clothing vibe, and then goth stuff goes way out of style but you're going to exist forever.

That would suck you'd get all depressed I bet. And where would you find your victims if the goth club shut down and reopened as a hip hop venue, do you start wearing cornrows and driving an escalade?

I AM GALADRIAL ABISS AND I WILL SPOOK YOU BACK TO MY CASTLE AND, wait no um *clears throat* YO IM DONTE AND GIRL YOU LOOKIN GOIOOOD

im illiterate, but drat brad pitt was good in that movie. as always

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

it's a metaphor for modern consumerist society, op. the zombie figuratively "devours brains" by encouraging a state of passive and unquestioning mental apathy, which then is communicated to its nearby victims. this is why a zombie is killed by "shooting it in the head," i.e. through education.

smart people are given a small index card which explains this in elementary school, so that they may more fully enjoy the films that mindless stupid people watch.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

it's a metaphor for modern consumerist society, op. the zombie figuratively "devours brains" by encouraging a state of passive and unquestioning mental apathy, which then is communicated to its nearby victims. this is why a zombie is killed by "shooting it in the head," i.e. through education.

smart people are given a small index card which explains this in elementary school, so that they may more fully enjoy the films that mindless stupid people watch.

only zombies in return of the living dead eat brains and they can't be killed by shooting them in the head you shitlord.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

huskarl_marx posted:

send more paramedics

This is my favorite part.

Send more........paramedics brains cops

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 29, 2014

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
Because if they were vegetarian zombies, they 'd eat GRAINS!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its prions

zombies cant get enough prions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Cream of plenty stop being so much of better than me

• Locked thread