Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

"If at first you don't succeed, try try again!" Trying acrobatics and, maybe jump again

Jump! Jump Part Deux: 1d20+5 11 (with jump 16):bang:

Just to be clear, you can only use one Skill at a time (it'll mess my math up a bit otherwise/then you could stack the +5 bonus a bunch of times if you get creative) - feel free to reroll if that messes your plans up too much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

In that case, since I only added the one skill to the actual dice roll I will edit my post accordingly.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Sevin Cazzuale : Health - 13 Armor - 12

I'll search the corpses for something to help me climb up with.

Search roll: 5

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Name - Bofan Burmud
Race - Dwarfish, mostly
Class - Alchemist
Health - 14
Armor - 11
Accuracy - +1

From his vantage point 3 meters above the water and probable able to cling for this round. Borfan surveys the bodies below for something that might be useful in the current situation.

*Surveying the waters for something useful/valuable in the situation perhaps if it allows climbing or is a gobsmacking big jewel or something* http://orokos.com/roll/220688 19

"'Ey, there's something in the water over there. Toss it up and I'll help ya out of the water"

Grognan fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 12, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Grognan posted:

"'Ey, there's something in the water over there. Toss it up and I'll help ya out of the water"

"I'll take you up on that offer good sir!"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Are you a wizard

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Slightly creeped out by the words of the survey man's spirit, Percy resolutely decides that he does not want to spend a second longer down in this deep dark well. He never really put much thaught into the magic that is keeping him into one piece; it works, and that is all that matters to him.

Still, sometimes, when Percy concentrates really hard, he can guide that magic to make inanimate objects bend to his will. To Percy, this seems like a good moment to make use of that power. He places a bony hand on the well's wall, and gives it a mental command.

"Spit us out now, please".

But there was no response.

Percy K. Buckminster, esq. Health: 12, Armor: 12, Acc: 1

(Animate the Inanimate, 1d4=1) http://orokos.com/roll/220736

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Roscoe looks at the well through the magical viewing portal, and whines unhappily.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Valthax found his golem minion to be quite usable. Yet he worried, about the possibility that the creature would not be able to climb so well for so long. He gathered his will and began to craft the walls of the cavern into a path for Character to climb.

Using Pastrymancy to create some grips to assist Character in his climb. Grips made of croissants.

Roll 1d20+5=9 http://orokos.com/roll/220803

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Name - Marcus "Baby Cakes" Bakerson
Race - Human from Eastshire, a town known for it's poor schools. Son of a teacher.
Class - Warrior Poet
Health - 23 (Invisible Castle)
Armor - 12 (Invisible Castle)
Accuracy +1
Skills Song, Philosophy, Eating
Abilities:
- Eviscerate: Attack with sword.
- Epic Song: Sing a song that will enrapture enemies and and fill them with the desire to dance aggressively, possibly harming other enemies.
- Sick burns: Insult an enemy so hard they take fire damage.
Talent - Get Murderous On Purpose: Spend five rounds in a killing frenzy, tearing apart anything that get in your way in creative and terrifying manners. Can also attack allies if they get too close or if there are no enemies left.
Motto - "Be aggressive."
AI Action - Discuss the nature of things in a simple, yet wise, manner.
Mystery Simple, Son, Walking Potion, Violently, Student

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tens and twenties
what's so funny?
loving twenty ten

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

“With the Seekers up on the second level, the first floor seats are missing out on the action! Our scrying fields will give you a glimpse on the higher floors, but don’t fret, more contestants will be entering soon! The door will open in a matter of minutes! Until then, keep your eyes on the screens!”

“At this point, our heroes have discovered that something is off about this well - besides all the corpses, of course! The water is heating up, slowly but surely, and it won’t be long before it’s too hot to stand! Seems like old man Miyagi is sick of being wet, so he tries his jumping trick again. Doesn’t he remember what happened la- By Gods, did you see that? He just jumped from wall to wall like a determined grasshopper! It looks like he’s stopped for a break in a little alcove, but he’s already a good 6 metres off the ground. He’d better not fall from this height - he looks FRAGILE!” (Regenerate 2 HP)

---

“Meanwhile, our erstwhile frontrunner Sevin is looking a little frantic up on his little mud platform - scanning through the corpses for anything useful, he manages to find several pouches of gold and jewels. Worth a fortune on the outside! He just has to get them there first, and that means getting out of this well! That platform isn’t going to hold him forever!”

“Luckily for him, the surprisingly spry Bofan can see better from his position up on the wall (2 Rounds till Talent recharges)- he indicates something interesting from his vantage point. For those first-timers out there, it’s important to know that the contents of the well seem to be random each time - or at least that’s how it looks from out here! Several times, the well has been empty - THAT wasn’t a pretty ending for those hopefuls that couldn’t get out on their own! Not so this time, in any case!

---

Rooting through the muck and the corpses where Bofan indicated, Sevin managed to haul up some unusual treasure, all tangled together with some unspeakable adhesive. After quickly rinsing it in the now torso-deep water, he discovered that he he had found some sort of golden Grappling Hook (and a length of rope), a Smoky Potion, and a Magnifying Glass. Gathering the lot of it into his arms, he vaulted back onto the crumbling mud platform and tossed the Hook to Bofan. (Bofan, you can hook it to the wall, take it higher, or even cut the rope if you want. It's an Artifact, and its yours.) Gazing at the artifacts he found, he wondered whether to share them with his otherwise occupied allies - technically, he had shared something he found with Bofan already! (Sevin, you get first crack at the items - if you don't want em', people roll as necessary. Using one of them will take an action given the stressful situation currently.)

---

“Our friendly necromancer, after seemingly communing with the vanquished dead, is keen to be out of the well! I assume from the scribbles he’s making with his cane on the mud platform he’s trying to perform some sort of witchery, but this doesn’t seem to be working out as well as his last trick! Such a shame!” (I never in a million years thought you would try something like that, and I probably would have let you do it, too! Dang!)

---

“And now back to the surprise teamup of the round, Valthax and Character! Character is steadily making his way up the wall - as well he should, considering our best magineers built him to do so - and Valthax is still hitching a ride! Oh, what’s this? For a moment there, you could see the Pie Lord’s delectable innards glow with an eldritch light, then all of a sudden these… croissant handhold sprung from the wall! They look delicious, but will they hold the golem’s mass? Oh gods, it looks like they won’t! Valthax is airbone… that’s quite a dr- AND CHARACTER HAS SNAGGED HIM! Saved by the half-witted reflexes of a golem! Looks like he grabbed him a bit too hard, though! (Valthax takes 5 Damage but doesn’t fall to his death!)

---

“Azura is in trouble! She’s alone down there, and that impact from Miyagi almost took her out right there! Some people just aren’t cut out for the tower - but she’s not giving up! She’s still climbing up! Good timing too, because that water’s going to get REALLY hot very soon! Percy and Sevin better get up there, or else they’re soup!”

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 15, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

I'll keep the murky potion. I'm gonna wait for Grognan to decide on lowering the rope from the grappling hook to me before making my action.

"Please let me on the rope kind alchemist!"

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Percy sighs but doesn't allow himself to let his failure cloud his mind from the current challenge. That sort of thinking can cost lives in the courtroom; even more so in murderpits filled with scalding hot water.

"No way to go but up," he thinks to himself, as he tries to climb up Sevin's little mud-pile. (Climb mud pile)

(Climb the mud pile, 1d20=12) http://orokos.com/roll/221535

dog kisser posted:

(I never in a million years thought you would try something like that, and I probably would have let you do it, too! Dang!)

I am not having the best of luck with my dice rolls, it seems. I've already started writing up sheets for two replacement characters.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Zybourne Clock posted:

Percy sighs but doesn't allow himself to let his failure cloud his mind from the current challenge. That sort of thinking can cost lives in the courtroom; even more so in murderpits filled with scalding hot water.

"No way to go but up," he thinks to himself, as he tries to climb up Sevin's little mud-pile. (Climb mud pile)

(Climb the mud pile, 1d20=12) http://orokos.com/roll/221535

I am not having the best of luck with my dice rolls, it seems. I've already started writing up sheets for two replacement characters.

You can climb that as a free action. Do something else!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Name - Mr. Pat Miyagi
Health - 12
Armor - 16
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Stealth, Jump, Acrobatics

Mr. Miyagi, sits down with his legs crossed and meditates for a moment.

To bring himself to focus. It is a long drop down from here. He must get in the zone. "Daniel-San, I am very lonely. What should I do?"

The skull, while being magical, is still very much so a skull and does not give any sort of response. That anyone else can see anyway.

"Oh, how could I have been so blind! We will make our ascent stronger with montage music!." Unspoken by anyone is whether Mr. Pat Miyagi is actually hearing things from the Skull, or is now just plain senile. The man can climb, God drat!

Acrobatics: 1d20+5 21

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

dog kisser posted:

You can climb that as a free action. Do something else!

Seeing his fellow topseekers ransack the bodies of the dead to great effect, he becomes mildly jealous of their treasure and items of useful nature. But he knows that searching the countless corpses at random is crapshoot at best, and the well's water is warming steadily. Rather than putting his trust in luck, he consults the fallen warriors himself. He shifts his attention to the realm of the dead and makes a bold demand.

"Alright, fellows. You've all had your chance and you blew it. Now please help out a skeleton in need. If you've got anything on your corpse that makes it easier to get out of this well, I'd like to hear from you!" (Commune with the undead, ask spirits which corpse to loot)

(Commune with the undead, 1d20+5=22) http://orokos.com/roll/221552

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Mike Gallego posted:

Name: Valthax
Race: Strawberry Rhubarb
Class: Pie Lord
Health: 16
Armor: 12
Accuracy: +1
Skills: Pastrymancy, Speed Eating, Spellcraft

Valthax had new things to consider. This golem was proving most useful. Most useful indeed. And non-selfish. Perhaps... perhaps some value could be found in non-pastry based things after all? It had saved his life twice today. Perhaps... perhaps golems could be people too?

Still, he felt his filling leaving him, bit by bit, and so he proceeded to eat two pies as quickly as he could.

Speedeating at 1d20+5=8

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Does no one plan on taking the magnifying glass? Any of you can roll for it. I decided not to take that one so someone else could have it.

I'm gonna climb. If Bofan lowers the rope from the grappling hook, I'll use that to help me.

Climb roll: 12

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Name - Bofan Burmud
Race - Dwarfish, mostly
Class - Alchemist
Health - 14
Armor - 11
Accuracy - +1

Going to use the grappling hook and take it higher, letting the rope attached fall to the ground

"Thanks! Grab onto the rope if you can, ain't no time for dundering around."

using the hook in-hand to climb higher http://orokos.com/roll/222487 12 with whatever mod from the hook

Grognan fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 19, 2014

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

“Things are really heating up! After rummaging through the corpses of their predecessors, the Topseekers have discovered a means of getting to the top faster! That Golden Hook was found in a few of the past tries - it gives the user unparalled climbing ability! (+5, to be precise) Bofan is already making good use of it climbing the wall, hooking his way up to higher alcoves, and tying the rope off so others can climb. (1 Round until Talent recharges)”

“For his part, Sevin is climbing up the rope Bofan has dropped down, also taking advantage of the Hook’s magic. Both the Smoky Potion and the Glass are clattering around in his pack, but he’s only Claimed the Potion. I don’t know that we’ve ever had that happen, but I guess he figured no sense leaving good Artifacts behind, right?” (Teamwoooork. Also Sevin you’re carrying the Magnifying Glass until someone claims it. Also if you die it’s lost. Have fun!)

“Mr. Dapper Bones is still on the crumbling mud platform, trying again to speak to the dead. Whatever he’s doing, he has to do it fast - the water is already beginning to bubble. The heat must be unbearable!

---

Percy tried as best he could to centre himself. No expert in climbing or physical exertion, he knew the only way he was getting out of here was by trying something crazy. The bodies. The bodies were the key - already blind searching had turned up some treasures, so logically this should work even better, right? He certainly hoped so.

Shifting his awareness to the astral realm, he called out: "Alright, fellows. You've all had your chance and you blew it. Now please help out a skeleton in need. If you've got anything on your corpse that makes it easier to get out of this well, I'd like to hear from you!" For a moment, nothing happened, and Percy was sure that it had failed. Suddenly there was a susurration of voices from all around him and he felt a pressure build in his skull, threatening to crack it from the inside. Then an arm thrust its way out of the bubbling water, and it all stopped.

Clutched in the arm was a strange pack. Hard to argue with that in terms of omens. Now, the question was would he brave the water and test his luck on the Artifact? Or had the time come to give up and try climbing the dangling rope? He knew he had only moments - the mud platform had crumbled away almost to nothing, and soon enough he’d be dumped into the water one way or another… (The well is pretty wide, which I don’t think I actually wrote anywhere - 5m in diametre, say. The Pack is 3m or so from you.)

---

“Miyagi has been a loner in this competition since the beginning, but he seems to be doing well for himself! With no help from anyone else, he’s halfway up the wall and climbing. While we can’t hear him, folks, our Royal Lipreaders tell us that he is chanting to himself, most likely to maintain his energy as he tries to keep that frantic pace. It is an unusual chant, though one with obvious effects - he appears to be repeating “You’re the Best Around!”. The power of positive thinking!” (Nothing’s ever gonna keep you down. Regenerate 2 HP)

“Meanwhile, our pastry friend is still hitching a ride on Character, who is steadfastly climbing and nearly ten metres from the lip of the well. Obviously feeling worried about his health, Valthax tries to gobble down both pies in his possession - but he has fumbled one, and down it goes! What a waste!” (+5 HP to Valthax, and -2 Pies!)

---

Azura’s world drifted in and out of focus as she forced herself upwards. The demon within her would not let her rest until she summitted this wall, so she forced bloodied fingertips into the seams between the stones and kept going. When the pie hit her in the face, she had a moment of clarity as the demon fled her body and she fell.

Her last thought was 'so sweet...'

---

“Oh NO! Azura has fallen to her grisly death! I recommend that those among you who are squeamish… leave and give your seats to the true fans! Debt collectors will be around shortly to round up those who bet for her. Better luck next time! But really, who cares about that? All anyone can talk about is the gate - it’s opening again! It’s time for our next batch of Topseekers to enter!”

“Remember, the tower only completely resets when everyone in it is dead, and given that (almost) all of the first batch are still alive, the next entrants can take advantage of their work. While the challenges will reset, anything the first group leaves behind to help or hinder those who follow will remain! Alright, hush now, it’s starting!”

---

“WHOSOEVER REACHES THE PINNACLE SHALL BECOME THE LORD OF THE TOWER AND OF THE FIRMAMENT AND OF ALL THE LIGHT TOUCHES”

(OKAY, next 7 are up! The next 7 people who post that they want to go in will get their chance!)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 19, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Woof woof. Roscoe is ready.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

"Out of my way, knaves! Bronan the Brobarian comes to conquer this Tower and drink all its booze!"

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Maybe he did it because he never was any good at sports. Maybe he did it because he had full confidence in the trustworthiness of his fellow undead. Maybe he was simply too drat curious for his own good. Whatever the reason may have been, the skeleton did not hesitate for a second to jump after the strange pack and open it.

(Do I need to roll for trying to swim to the pack/trying to open it?)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Zybourne Clock posted:

Maybe he did it because he never was any good at sports. Maybe he did it because he had full confidence in the trustworthiness of his fellow undead. Maybe he was simply too drat curious for his own good. Whatever the reason may have been, the skeleton did not hesitate for a second to jump after the strange pack and open it.

(Do I need to roll for trying to swim to the pack/trying to open it?)

nah just knowing that you're voluntarily jumping into boiling water to get it is enough!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

dog kisser posted:

nah just knowing that you're voluntarily jumping into boiling water to get it is enough!

Dude's a skeleton, he oughta be okay about boiling water!

(I'm tryinna help you out here, Zybourne!)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dude's a skeleton, he oughta be okay about boiling water!

(I'm tryinna help you out here, Zybourne!)

Pff you fool it'll melt the flesh right off his

oh daaaamn

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Mike Gallego posted:

Name: Valthax
Race: Strawberry Rhubarb
Class: Pie Lord
Health: 21
Armor: 12
Skills: Pastrymancy, Speed Eating, Spellcraft

Out of pies, Valthax felt strangely empty inside. Sure, his filling was replenished, but he felt a great hunger. For a brief moment he considered descending with Character to devour the unfortunate soul that had just fallen but, being so near the top, he thought better of it.

Instead, he gathered his arcane powers and began the tedious job of replacing the pies...

Pastrymancy rolled at 1d20+5= 15 http://orokos.com/roll/222578

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 19, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Name - Elliot
Race - American
Class - Tourist
Health - 10 + 6 + 2 + 5 = 23
Armor - 10 + 4 = 14
Accuracy - +1

Elliot was gleefully photo-documenting Azura's demise and not paying the slightest bit of attention to the announcer until the booming voice caught him off guard, causing him to jump and ruin a shot. He grumbled to himself as he made his way to the entrance.

"Whoever's in charge around here really needs to quiet that thing down. Someone could hurt themselves!"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Fulfilling lost bet to Bronan

Name: Sharperer Joe
Race: 2-D Animation
Class: Stickman
Health: 18
Armor: 13
Skills: Climbing, Escape Artist, Bending Body

Endurance Roll: 18

Endurance Roll: 7

Endurance Roll: 7

Endurance Roll: 12

I guess that's half success. So half drunk?

"Les do tis."

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Name - Bofan Burmud
Race - Dwarfish, mostly
Class - Alchemist
Health - 14
Armor - 11
Accuracy - +1

Time to Climb!

http://orokos.com/roll/222590 18

Did you know that broken femurs made really decent pitons?

Or that skulls were great places to tie off rope?

Well neither did Borfan! The only other time he's tried this hard to climb was getting up after one too many thimbles of scumble.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

ROCKCLIMBING

Climb roll: 10

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Fletch Capgras
Race - Doppelganger
Class - Rogue Myth
Health - 20
Armor - 13
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Myth/legend expert, keen observer, social maneuvering
Abilities - Shapeshifter, Going Incognito, Never Unarmed

Fletch marches rigidly to the entrance, shifting his visage to that of an outrageously decorated military officer with a bristling mustache. "Huzzah and excelsior! To the victah goes the spoils, I say!"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Name - Xyz'ck
Race - Mistake of Science
Class - Mistake of Science
Health - ( 3 + 6 + 3 ) = 12 + 10 = 22
Armor - ( 6 ) = 6 +10 = 16
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Dodge, Lockpicking, Detect hidden/unseen
Abilities - Punch, Crushing Bite, Leaping Smash
Talent - Spray Acidic Bile. Melts most metals or organic material
Motto - *Hissing and Screeching*
AI Action - Sneak up, listen and learn, attack if noticed or simply attack if smaller.
Mystery - Made, Kingseeker, phlogiston , hurridly, and Office Janitor

http://i.imgur.com/CScZyAN.png rolls

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 20, 2014

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Topseeker Creation

Name: Koko
Race: Gorilla
Class: Linguist
Health: 3d6+10 = 21
Armor: 1d6+10 = 11
Skills: Sign Language, Animal Charm, Climbing
Abilities: Crushing Blow, Limb Tear, Intimidate
Talent: 800-Pound Gorilla (targets ignore your transgressions)
Motto: Me fine animal gorilla
AI Action: Koko is cautious and curious, and will take time to investigate anything unusual if it seems safe. She prefers to avoid fights, but becomes ferocious when forced.
Mystery: Orange Penny orange quickly zookeeper
Mystery 2: Tree branch, kitten

Koko ambles to the entrance, pounds her chest, and signs "me go up me take big good".

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Alrighty that's 7! You can keep submitting character sheets but you'll have to wait!

To recap, that's:

Roscoe the Dog
Bronan the Brobarian
Elliot the Tourist
Sharperer Joe the Stick-Man
Fletch Capgras the Doppelganger
Xyz'ck the Mistake of Science

and

Koko the Gorilla

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Name - Mr. Pat Miyagi
Health - 14
Armor - 16
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Stealth, Jump, Acrobatics

Push it to the limit
Walk along the razor's edge
But don't look down, just keep your head
And you'll be finished

Open up the limit
Past the point of no return
You've reached the top but still you got to learn
How to keep it

Athletics: 1d20+5 21

Yeah, dunno how that happened.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

“Well, something weird just happened down there. Percy just chanted something (who knows what - the Royal Lipreaders can’t tell since he has no lips!) and some poor soul’s arm just thrust something out of the water. Doesn’t really matter - unless Mr. Skeleton thinks he can swim through boiling water, he can’t ge- High heavens, he’s going for it!”

---

Whatever it was, Percy had to have it. He’d gone through life - and unlife - with verve and determination, and he wasn’t about to stop now. He leapt out, towards the outstretched arm, hoping to make up some of the distance before landing in the water. Down he dropped…

And found his landing foot cradled by a bony grip. Before him, a path of hands (and feet) extended out of the water, laying out grisly stepping stones towards his prize. With a relieved laugh, he nimbly leapt from one hand to another, his ersatz platforms crumbling beneath his weight.

“You alone… have tried… to speak with us. We, the dead… wish you luck.”

---

“I’ve never seen anything like that! Look at him go! We’ll catch up on him later, because the others are nearing the top. Character and Valthax are still making their way up - their less a partnership than a rider and steed, but it seems to be working out for both - at this rate, both of them will be up in mere moments. The rim of the well is just about within reach - as long as they stay focused, they’ll reach it in record time. Taking advantage of his relative safety, Valthax is working his magic again, converting moss and muck into pies. Heavens only know how those must taste. (2 Pies!)

---

After what seemed like an eternity, Percy reached the pack and put it on. He felt some sort of magic take hold, but nothing happened. poo poo! The limb beneath him gave way, and down he fell.

---

“Meanwhile, Bofan and Sevin are steadily catching up to the leaders, the magic of the Golden Hook clearly boosting their prowess - according to their bios, neither contestant has any prior climbing experience, but they look like this is beyond easy for them. Unless they screw up someplace, they’ll summit shortly after the golem. (Man that +5 is clowning this climb hardcore)

“Miyagi is burning up the wall too, and with no magical assistance. He keeps singing to that skull, but our Court Mages insist that the Skull has no properties that should affect his skills. That’s all him, folks! At that pace, he’ll overtake Bofan and Sevin and summit after the other two. Pat’s built up quite a fanbase here on the outside - I think people are just galvanized to know that a regular baseline human can hack it in the tower! Go, old man, go!”

---

As Percy’s foot touched the water and he winced in pain, all he could think was how much he wanted out - it couldn’t end here, like this!

With a click, the pack snapped open like beetle elytra, revealing two glassy wings, which immediately set to buzzing motion. Almost before he realized what was happening, he was rocketing up and out of the well, shooting past Bofan and Sevin and making for the top of the well! The buzzing wings set his teeth chattering painfully, but he couldn’t help pulling a bony grin. (1 damage from boiling water :v:. 1 charge used of 3, can be used in addition to a normal action at no cost)

-~~~-

Passing through the gate, you find yourself - impossibly - in the centre of a circular field, flowers stretching to the horizon. In every direction, you see scattered stone pillars carved with strange symbols. You can somehow also see the tower in the distance.

The flowers are completely covered in mud, and a liberal amount of blood is spattered all over. Several pillars appear to have been freshly knocked over, and overall it’s obvious a pitched battle has just taken place. All around you, you can hear guttural chanting and the scrape of metal blades on the pillars. For a moment there is stillness…

Then you are swarmed by dozens of goblins with spears.

Here we go again.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Considering no one has tried to claim the magnifying glass, I'll keep it.

Climb roll: 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Name - Bofan Burmud
Race - Dwarfish, mostly
Class - Alchemist
Health - 14
Armor - 11
Accuracy - +1