Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I've recently (as of about three days ago) been having significant problems with loading images from Imgur that are embedded in the forums. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Problem description: Images that I try to load on the forums that originate from Imgur, or images on Imgur's home page itself, don't load like they normally should. Most of the time, I get an error message (if I try to access the image directly using its url*), an image that loads extremely slowly and then cannot finish loading, or an image that simply does not load at all. (So, for example, in a post with three images from Imgur, one of them might appear as a blank space, and the other two might display an eighth or so of the full image.)

Attempted fixes: I have...
- Reset my Internet Protocol (using Microsoft Fix It 50199)
- Switched to Google Public DNS
- Whitelisted imgur.com in my Adblocking extension (Adblock Plus)
- Done a tracert of imgur.com (I can provide a full text dump if it would be helpful, after the 13th hop, the connection just times out repeatedly, until finding imgur.com after 25 hops or so)
- Deleted my cache, cookies, and blocked imgur from creating any cookies

Recent changes: I have not made any changes to my computer recently, and have run virus scans (using AVG Antivirus) that indicated that my problem didn't have any malware.

--

Operating system: I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

System specs: I am using an Acer, model number VA70. It is using an Intel(R) Premium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, with 4 GB RAM. My Modem is a Motorola SURFboard, Model SBV5121, and my Router is a Linksys WRT150N wireless router.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes.

If anybody has any advice, or things I should try, please let me know, as well as information that would be useful for me to provide. Thank you, any help would definitely be appreciated!

*Strangely enough, if I put the direct image URL into a proxy (the one I specifically used was Hide My rear end), the Imgur homepage and images load without any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

What web browser are you using? I'd try another one as a first step if you haven't already to see if the same issue happens.

Zarc
Jul 25, 2014
Who's your ISP? It almost sounds like there's some packet injection going on. Some ISP's will try and inject ads into your web pages that aren't in the actual source

• Locked thread