Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I was wrong in the other thread, Davis is the best player on the team. Man he's been on fire in FIBA play so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Nameo posted:

Someone calling the Spain game called Jose Calderon a solid defender.

Haha he's pretty solid as in frozen in place with his arms out while the guy with the ball dribbles around him

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Team USA running the all Aly-Oop offense and it owns.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Why do we not run Davis alley oops every possession

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ANTHONY FUCKIN' DAVIS

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Alley oop from now on. Only alley oop.

Ramensaurus
Mar 25, 2012

His name is RA-MEN SAURUS
He is urchin has many curiosity
but he is a person
who makes much of good Looks.
For some reason, the the color scheme of the polos with the purple collars being worn by the Turkey coach and FIBA(?) officals on the sidelines look like they are wearing leis to me. Not a bad look tbh.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

misdirectomy posted:

Why do we not run Davis alley oops every possession

-me, during every pelicans possession last season

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving love USA basketball. Play like poo poo for all but like 10 minutes, win by 20+.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
turkish guy sees demarcus at the rim, just gives up and takes a jumper

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

An NBA team needs to reach into the international talent pool and recruit a group of derisive whistlers

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Davis is a bad man.

Hopefully Curry unfucks himself.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ivan Johnson would last 3 quarters before being banned from all FIBA competitions

As long as he removes a finger, ear, or significant portion of meaty flesh, I'd say it would be worth it.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down

anakha posted:

All I want is for my Philippine team to miraculously win two games and earn the right to be blown off the floor in the first game of the knockout stage.

I think they have a pretty good shot of making it considering the lackluster play of the teams in Group B, not to mention the injury to Arroyo.

But even if they don't, we can't discount the fact how they exceeded expectations. I seriously thought they were going to get blown out of every game with a margin of at least 100 points but here they are, making it close and almost upsetting some of the world's best - something that China and Iran couldn't even remotely pull off. Most people like to chalk it entirely up to Blatche but if it weren't for the team we have surrounding him, his 20-18 games (which are virtually Doughit numbers) would ring hollow.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LOS MALVINAS SON FILIPINAS

This is going to happen.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Ahahaha, I just tuned into this game a couple minutes ago and it is awesome!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
So close. Go little island dudes!

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
Andray Blatche spotting up for 3 is funny

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Nooooooo!!! :( That was heartbreaking.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

These last two minutes have been insane!

Edit: Oh man, so close. Still, nothing to be ashamed of, Alapag draining threes all day like it was nothing

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 1, 2014

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
I've seen a lot of stupid shots but that one by Castro is probably my new favorite.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dieng is really beasting for Senegal. I didn't even realize he was playing. 27/8/2 blocks and steals

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
The Puerto Rican media and fans are already murdering this team, this wont make it better.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So, is Brazil V Spain gonna be televised? It says NBATV but my Dish schedule says that's a WNBA game

e: Nevermind I'm just completely off on time zones. It's on NBATV at 6 Central.

e2: and its live now i guess? dangit

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 1, 2014

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Haha, FIBA is great. Antetokounmpo just got credited for a "veteran move".

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This brazil espain game is really good so far

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pau gasol drive from the 3 point line for a layup :staredog:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pau looks better than he has in like two years and spain is the best outlet passing team

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
drat, nice block by Pau.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

pau looks better than he has in like two years and spain is the best outlet passing team

Yeah he looks alive. Dantoni and Kobe were sucking his life force. Chicago might be awesome this year.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
And now he's hit three from downtown in 90 seconds. I love FIBA Pau.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm rooting for Brazil to take this to overtime just so that I can watch these guys play a little more basketball

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well, I just tuned in to that Brazil fan cam that looked like it could have been from the FIFA World Cup, I assume that sums up the match

3peat
May 6, 2010

Let's go the Tall Blacks!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I missed the beginning, did they do the haka?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I want someone to keep count of how many alley oops Davis finishes by the end of this tournament. Not me though, I can't count that high.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I just wanna say I flippin love the FIBA schedule.

attackmole posted:

I want someone to keep count of how many alley oops Davis finishes by the end of this tournament. Not me though, I can't count that high.

Who is that guy in the beard who made a great heads-up defensive play to start the fastbreak?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at USA players' reaction to the Haka.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

He was really really good with the Lakers at the end until he got vertigo doing a lot of this poo poo, just not a lot of people saw him do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
For all the poo poo Harden gets about having an unpleasant-looking game, I think we're losing sight of the real Team USA abomination-against-basketball: Plumlee's free throw form.

• Locked thread