Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should this card have been canceled?
This poll is closed.
No way the fighters worked and trained too hard 23 27.71%
Yes I am not paying for this 60 72.29%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The final chance to convince people to buy this terrible card: interview the guy and ask him why he passed out and ruined it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hahaa they brought Barao in for an interview just to poo poo on him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

This is also...going to be a long three hours at Buffalo Wild Wings. I'll talk to you guys in a bit!

Oh God Joe just said this is embarrassing.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Renan says he cuts about 10 kg, that's about 22 lbs :stare:

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
"this is embarrassing. thanks for being here!"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cutting 22 lbs as a bantamweight seems like a lot. Does someone with more weight cutting knowledge know what the typical BW cut is like?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Pulling a number completely out of my rear end, I'd guess 10-15 pounds. But it's hard distinguishing how much of that is dieting and how much is water weight. It's an inexact science.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

TIME TO PROLONG THIS SUFFERING

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i cannot believe that just before the ppv starts they call renan an embarrassment to himself and the sport. this is amazing.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

attackmole posted:

Pulling a number completely out of my rear end, I'd guess 10-15 pounds.

Cruz cuts about 15, I think Faber does too but he might be closer to 10.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
UFC 177: the quest for 100k buys.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Someone already posted it but during the Embedded he does this insanely tough looking workout and then as they are walking back probably to stuff their fat bantamweight faces his partner/coach or whatever goes "are you already cutting weight?" and he goes "I will soon". I have never had to cut weight but the process does sound pretty lovely and people have medical related problems that they can't control so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm glad he is okay but I really wanted to see this fuckin fight again. I liked the first fight it had me cheering and hooting and hollering. Joe Soto is the big unknown just like Ifir Latifi was the big unknown and Patrick Cummins was the big unknown. We all remember how those went.

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014

Bubba Smith posted:

Cruz cuts about 15, I think Faber does too but he might be closer to 10.

I thought I read Faber walked around close to 155 or something but it was ages ago so I'd never be able to find the source

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Jim Dwyer posted:

I thought I read Faber walked around close to 155 or something but it was ages ago so I'd never be able to find the source

He does, so does Cruz and other BWs, but like bundt brought up in the other thread yesterday everybody has a different definition of "cut," some people mean the entire diet + draining fluid out of their bodies and some people mean the ~last week. The weights I posted were what those guys weigh about a week from the fight, but I think Cruz said he's got better about that since changing his diet from fast food to mostly healthy.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

this is a loving clownshow

i love it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I wonder how many chairs Dana White is going to have left in his house after this, versus how many are going to be in pieces on the ground outside under his windows

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

holy gently caress :lol: at this first fight. and I like Yancy but jeeeeezus.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bubba Smith posted:

holy gently caress :lol: at this first fight. and I like Yancy but jeeeeezus.

It was supposed to be a prelim but got moved up since the Dagestani trashweight fight was scratched, and Yancy was supposed to fight Justin Edwards instead of this guy

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It was supposed to be a prelim but got moved up since the Dagestani trashweight fight was scratched, and Yancy was supposed to fight Justin Edwards instead of this guy

Man it's hard to keep track of how hosed up this event got.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This is already a bigger clusterfuck than 151

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Cutting 22 lbs as a bantamweight seems like a lot. Does someone with more weight cutting knowledge know what the typical BW cut is like?

I've cut to 147 from 163 or so for muay thai fights, and that sucked. Ian McCall will cut anywhere from 15 to 20+, depending on how responsible he has been maintaining his weight in training. It's generally around 1/5 or 1/6 or his fight weight. It is insane.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Chris James 2 posted:

This is already a bigger clusterfuck than 151

At least they got a good season of TUF out of 151. UFC 176 + UFC 177 has done nothing but piss off Team Alpha Males.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

"Does everyone have their tickets ready? The winner is in row AG, seat 38! Congratulations! Please report to the octagon, you are now fighting Daron Cruickshank."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sleep Train Arena

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

It actually makes sense that Joe Soto is fighting in the main event because this card feels like a Strikeforce vs. Tachi Palace showdown.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

WHERE ARE MY FEET?

CLOSE.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DoombatINC posted:

"Does everyone have their tickets ready? The winner is in row AG, seat 38! Congratulations! Please report to the octagon, you are now fighting Daron Cruickshank."

hahaha

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Anyone else notice just now that in the bottom right hand corner for 178 they promoted the Flyweight Title fight and the Conor fight... Not Alvarez/Cowboy? Hope that fight is not called off.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahaha for christ's sake keep nate's commentary on

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Holy poo poo, what the heck was that!!! Like a neckbreaker guillotine.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
jesus christ

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

siiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sick loving choke

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yancy Owns.

Just have Yancy fight everyone else, leading up to a title fight with TJ Dillashaw.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

this dude's doin seizures

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

freud mayweather posted:

this dude's doin seizures

yeah that was pretty sideways. even money on making GBS threads himself.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

That is pretty much the worst possible way to get choked out I imagine. His eyes were rolling in his head this event is great.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That man just managed to inflict a sick choke on himself.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lid posted:

Sleep Train Arena

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is that why this guy flung his own neck into a choke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sleep Train Arena indeed