Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

newreply.php posted:

show had such a limited budget that they hired don s davis because he still had the suit from twin peaks

his speech to his son bobby was maybe one of the coolest things ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCl4AwTNb8

I guess he never made it out of the C-list roles. A shame, I always found him to come across as pretty genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I will never get tired of hearing the way he pronounced Go'ould.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Rip Hammond of Texas

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fetus Tree posted:

Rip Hammond of Texas

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nathilus posted:

I guess he never made it out of the C-list roles. A shame, I always found him to come across as pretty genuine.

he was a theater teacher and he did a lot of commercials in canada. he didn't even audition for twin peaks, he met David Lynch and they wrote the role for him.

they originally wanted hammond to be more of an active character but Don S. Davis said the show should be about the team, not their commander and his personal problems. and since he was an army captain IRL he also didn't want Hammond of Texas to be another generic military hardass character who the team had to go around to do anything and made sure they wrote him as more of a father figure who had the team's best interests in mind and was usually with them fighting military bureaucracy.

of course he still got to be a badass sometimes

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 7, 2014

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Fetus Tree posted:

Rip Hammond of Texas

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
TIL Hammond of Texas rules more than I knew previously.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Atlantis really was a dumb show though. I remember binge watching a series-long marathon of it in 2007 right after I got out of the military and had a multi-day hangover...

It probably wasn't as stupid when aired weekly, but back to back it was insanely obvious that they just kept recycling the same few story lines over and over again.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Atlantis was awesome. Shepherd, McKay and Ronon were awesome.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Atlantis was best watched how it was aired, right after SG-1. Several episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis are leading into each other and help make some instances of interaction make sense. The worst episode of Atlantis is the one where Teyla sings for half the drat thing. The Wraith also seem like they are going to be a good enemy and then they go and humanize them. Sure humanizing the Goa'uld somehow worked. I mean Nerus is the best character ever.

I love when they capture Nerus and he's getting all that food, his reaction to "individually frosted caked" always makes me laugh. Wraith as age stealing vampires without the ability to communicate would have probably been pretty good. Really though the final thing that killed them was that they could reverse it.

I really think Atlantis is bad because of the enemy. The good guys are perfect. The best episode is when they find the world that they think they are playing a game with.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Replicators are better Borg than the Borg.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redshirt posted:

Replicators are better Borg than the Borg.

Another race ruined by humanization. They were great until repli-Carter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

Another race ruined by humanization. They were great until repli-Carter.

Yeah, just as the Borg were ruined by the Borg queen.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Btw if you have an android phone or tab and have showbox app cool gate things happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

• Locked thread