Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I can help a little with the crisis myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
I can help a bit too.

Add 2 cards to crisis deck
Use Sophie's ability to look at the top card of the School deck.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Mongol adds two cards to the crisis

Sophie scouts out the school deck. Card sent!

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Maria moves to the school.
Maria uses her ability to kill the Zombie (2)
Maria searches, takes that top card (6)
Maria searches again (6)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
She'd walked these halls for years as a teacher, had come to know every nook and cranny - you had to, to keep up with some of the kids. But in the dark, in the cold, everything felt different, unfamiliar. Maria's breath hung in the air as she moved quickly towards the canteen, hoping that maybe some of the tins in the storeroom had not yet been looted. Before, she wouldn't have wished the canteen food on anyone, but these days food was food and anything would do.

A flicker of movement catches her eye and she turns, gasping aloud as the grotesque form of the school's former cook shambles towards her. She turns to flee, overcome with revulsion and horror, and slips on something unnameable beneath the counter. The last thing she hears is a ghastly moan that sounds almost a little bit like "luuuuunnch"....

Maria moves to the school. Unfortunately she is bitten and killed.
Morale reduces by 1

That's pretty bad luck on your first turn - you can get more survivors by searching in the various item decks, and you can also request cards from others on your turn (though probably no-one else will have any survivor cards at this point).

You still have all your action die to use.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Welp. That sucks.

Move Sophie to School.
Kill Zombie (6)
Search and take card (2)
Search again (6)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sophie moves to the school. Sophie is unaffected by exposure
Sophie kills a zombie at the school. Sophie is unaffected by exposure
Sophie searches and takes the first card from the school
Sophie searches again. Card sent.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sophie keeps the card
Mongol plays a card:

2 Outsiders School Outsiders Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.

Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.

Gray Beard joins Mongol's following, 1 helpless survivor added to the colony

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

He holds that rifle like a rocket launcher, poo poo makes no sense.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 5
Rounds: 6
Food: 1
Crisis cards: 2
Waste: 2

Players

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Cards: 5
Dice: 1 1 2

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3.
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Dice: 2 3 6

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Dice: 2 4 3

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Dice: 6 5 6

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Cards: 4
Dice: 2 6 6

Action queue: Fat Samurai's turn

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Tekopo posted:

He holds that rifle like a rocket launcher, poo poo makes no sense.

Pretty sure that's just how pirates work.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Just remembered to check the crossroads card for this turn, which happens before Fat Samurai's actions. It doesn't affect anything, but flavour text:

quote:

Crossroads Card: Christmas

"I was talking to a couple other people, and well, we think tomorrow might be Christmas. Maybe it's a stupid thing to hold onto, but I think people could use a distraction. What if we made dinner for everyone? A real dinner, I mean".

Every player with 1 or more survivors at the colony (e.g. everyone except Mongol) must vote.

Option 1

Spend 5 food. Gain 1 morale. If Forest Plum is in play and isn't exiled, the player that controls Forest Plum may draw up to 4 cards from the Grocery Store deck. He must reveal them and give each of them to another player of his choice.

Option 2

Nothing happens

You don't have any food to spend, so it's not Christmas. Fat Samura's turn continues

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I didn't realize how craptastic my rolls were. There is little for me to do but build barricades al over the place, but we kinda need food as well...

Send Evans to the grocery store
Use Junk (spoilers, I have Junk) to reroll an one.
Pray I don't get eaten/roll another one.
Might as well use Ross' skill to build a barricade on the first space of the colony.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Do remember that you can use 'Junk' (one of the starter items) to reroll dice.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kerro posted:

Do remember that you can use 'Junk' (one of the starter items) to reroll dice.

That... is what I tried to do? :raise:

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oops, I should probably not try and read/post on my phone.

Andrew makes his way to the Grocery Store. Andrew receives a wound from exposure
Fat Samurai plays a card:

Junk Starter Tool Waste Pile: Re-roll an unused action die you control

1 is rerolled: 6
Ashley builds a barricade in space 1 of the colony
Andrew searches the Grocery Store, cards sent! Keep or make noise?

You have two dice remaining

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Make some noise!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Get the 2 survivors.

More food problems! More action dice! More fun!

EDIT: Just saw the correction, order stands.

VVV

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Andrew uses his spade to dig through some more groceries. New card sent! Make more noise or keep?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Samurai plays 2 cards:

1 Outsider Grocery Store Outsiders Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony.
2 Outsiders Grocery Store Outsiders Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.

Forest Plum and John Price join Fat Samurai's following:

Forest Plum - Mall Santa 14 2 5 Anywhere: At the beginning of your turn you may remove Forest from the game to raise morale by 1.

John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with.

One helpless survivor is added to the colony

Edit: I need to sleep, will update in the morning with the remainder of Fat Samurai's turn.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 3, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well we're going to starve....

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Pity about that event, now we had Bad Santa.

Send Bad Santa to the Library, kill a zombie using the 2
Send the student to the Grocery Store, use a Junk to reroll the 1 and search if possible, mimicking the farmer's skill.
If the reroll is a 2 or less, use the dice to build a barricade in the colony, space 2.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

We only need 4 food at the moment, probably less, we'll be fine.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm paranoid, and didn't want to let an ability go to waste, plus leaving anyone in the colony who doesn't actively contribute seems a risky move. In fact, I'm tempted to kill Santa to raise morale if the dice rolls are bad next turn.

What happens if a deck runs out in a location? And how many cards are in each location?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Rumda posted:

Well we're going to starve....

Nah, eventually food will pop up from the grocery store, and survivors in the open don't eat.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Bad santa moves to the Library. He receives frostbite from exposure!
Bad santa glasses a zombie. He receives frostbite from exposure!
John moves to the school. He receives a wound from exposure.

Junk Starter Tool Waste Pile: Re-roll an unused action die you control

1 is rerolled: 2
Ashley builds another barricade in entrance 2

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Soo.... I guess I'll retire Santa before he dies of frostbite? Does he die before or after I can do it?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Food: 1
Crisis cards: 2
Waste: 4

Players

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3.
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Forest Plum - Mall Santa 14 2 5 Anywhere: At the beginning of your turn you may remove Forest from the game to raise morale by 1. Frostbitex1
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1

Action queue: Turtlicious' turn, unless Fat Samurai wanted to take further free actions?

Kerro fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 4, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Pretty sure he dies before you can use his action to retire him - unless you have or can request a medicine card to keep him alive long enough.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Grumble, grumble...

Use a medicine card on Santa.
I'm done

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Medicine Starter Medicine Waste Pile: Remove any type of wound token from a survivor you control or remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with a survivor you control.

Forest Plum heals one frostbite

Action queue: Turtlicious' turn

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I think I know what I'm doing, just waiting to hear back from Kero on some things.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Just PMd you now.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, I'm going to send my Sheriff to kill the 2 zombies at Entrance 1 using his 6

Then I'm going to put 2 food, and 1 fuel into the colony pile.

I'm going to send the Fitness Trainer to Barricade entrance 3.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I think I get what you're wanting to do, but for future actions (particularly once you get other cards in hand) please bold your actions and be specific about which cards you're wanting to use. Makes things a lot easier for me to follow when updating the spreadsheets, and it allows other players to know where your cards came from, which is sometimes quite significant :)

Also, fuel is only used when moving from one location to another, so you don't need to add it to the colony. I'm assuming this is what you're wanting to do, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Daniel kills two zombies at entrance 1. Daniel receives frostbite from exposure!
Turtlicious plays 2 cards:

Food 1 Starter Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply
Food 1 Starter Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

2 food added to the supply

Buddy builds a barricade at entrance 3 (assuming you're using the '2' die for this)

Turtlicious has one action die remaining

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kerro posted:

Also, fuel is only used when moving from one location to another, so you don't need to add it to the colony. I'm assuming this is what you're wanting to do, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Yeah, I thought we were doing a crossroads that needed fuel.

I'm not really sure what to do with my last action dice, so I'll use it on: my

Fitness Trainer: Use last die to kill the last zombie at the entrance.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ah right - that's the crisis. If you want to play into crisis, post something like:

Play 1 card into the crisis

And then PM me the card you play. These have to be played in secret. I'll include that one for now though.

Buddy kills one zombie at entrance 3. Buddy receives frostbite from exposure!
Turtlicious plays 1 card into the crisis.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Food: 3
Crisis cards: 3
Waste: 7

Players

Tekopo

Rumda

Mongol

Fat Samurai

Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Forest Plum - Mall Santa 14 2 5 Anywhere: At the beginning of your turn you may remove Forest from the game to raise morale by 1. Frostbitex1
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Frostbitex1
Cards: 2

Action queue: Tekopo's turn

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Have a look at the crisis cards using Talia.
Kill zombies at entraces 4 and 5 using Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Goddamit this is a cold town. I could help a bit with recovering, if needed.

• Locked thread