Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
I assume, since Fat Samurai gave him two medicine cards, it doesn't matter whether the rest of us can't/won't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Turtlicious organises a fundraising campaign for "Frostbite Awareness Week"

"Did you know that 1 in 3 adults will be affected by frostbite over the course of their lifetime?"

Fat Samurai donates two cards which are played immediately:

Medicine Starter
Medicine Starter

Daniel and Buddy remove 1 frostbite

Carrying on with Turtlicious' actions:

Daniel kills two zombies at the colony. Daniel is unaffected by exposure
Buddy kills a zombie at the colony. Buddy receives frostbite from exposure!
Buddy builds a barricade at entrance 5

Turtlicious plays 1 card into the crisis

End of round - update coming

Morale: 5
Rounds: 5
Food: 3
Crisis cards: 6
Waste: 9

Players

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx1
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx1
Cards: 1
Dice: 2 5 5

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Cards: 2
Dice: 5 3 5

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Cards: 5
Dice: 6 3 6

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 1 6 6

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Dice: 1 1 1 3 6

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
The colony tries to eat, but cannot. 1 starvation token added to supply. Morale decreases by 1.
Waste is checked - messy! (9)
Crisis is resolved. The following cards are revealed:

Food 1 Starter Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply
Food 1 School Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

Crisis averted!

5 zombies are added to the colony, barricade at entrance 4 is destroyed
Zombies are added to locations:
Police Station: 1
Grocery Store: 1, 1 barricade destroyed
School: 1, noise has no effect
Library: 1
Hospital: 2, noise has no effect
Gas Station: 1 from noise

Round decreases. First player passes to Turtlicious

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Kerro posted:

Buddy receives frostbite from exposure!

Ok, who decided the colony's placement?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 4
Rounds: 4
Starvation: 1
Crisis cards: 0

Players

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx1
Dice: 1 2 6

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Dice: 3 1 1

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Dice: 4 6 2

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 5 4 3

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Dice: 3 3 2 2 2

At the start of Turtlicious' turn, Buddy takes a wound from frostbite.

Action queue: Turtlicious' turn

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

And lastly, just to add insult to injury (or maybe the other way round), new crisis!

Exhaustion

Pass: 5 medicine
Fail: Place 1 frostbite wound on 5 non-exiled survivors with the highest influence.

quote:

You make your way back to the colony as the day draws to a close. The dim sun fades against a cold grey sky, and your body aches all over from the day's exertions. It doesn't seem to matter how many you kill, they always return. Nor how many entrances you block, they always find a way, or just break them down. You barely have the strength to eat. It feels like the cold will never leave, that it's taken permanent residence amongst your tired muscles and tortured flesh. If you don't do something soon, you're no longer going to have the strength to fight them off...

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oh, and also a crossroads card since Turtlicious controls Daniel.

quote:

Crossroads Card: Daniel Smith

One of the helpless survivors is found murdered, apparently for an unlabeled can of food. Remove 1 helpless survivor from the game.

Option 1

The murder launches Daniel back into detective mode, and he identifies the killer through interviews and basic investigative techniques. Spend 1 unused action die. Choose a survivor. Place the chosen survivor at the police station (this does not count as a move). Return all cards equipped to that survivor to its controlling player's hand. That survivor cannot move, search, attack, or use its ability for the remainder of the game.

Option 2

There is no law anymore, and Daniel watches the colony succumb to panic. He doesn't say it, but he really doesn't care. Lose 1 morale.

Action queue: Turtlicious choose option 1 or 2, then take your turn

Edit: Also hand update sent to Fat Samurai

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Sparky! What have you done?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So I cannot search AND kill zombies with those dice. Well, I could move Sparky to the Grocery store and attack three times with the 2s, and search for food with the other 2 dice, but with our luck that's going to end with a dead Sparky.

And I'm not killing Sparky the Wonder Dog.

EDIT: Didn't see the crossroad. Crap.
EDIT EDIT: I can help some with the crisis.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 9, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Turtlicious, you there?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I choose option 1 and the survivor I send is fitness trainer to the police station is my own using my lowest dice. I have. I have work tonight and won't be up until noon tomorrow sorry I'll suss out the rest of my actions then.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buddy Davis gets sent to the police station (Option 1)
I'll use the 1 for it
I'll request for medicine to use on Daniel
I'll use the 6 to kill 2 zombies, and the 2 to barricade Entrance 1

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Despite initial suspicions that the murder may have had something to do with Sparky the wonder dog on account of the bloody paw prints leading from the crime scene, Daniel quickly identifies the true murderer: Buddy!

Buddy is sent to the police station

Daniel takes out two zombies at the colony. Daniel receives a wound from exposure!

Turtlicious requests more medicine. Any donors?

Daniel builds a barricade at entrance 1

Action queue: Turtlicious, any free actions? All other players, do you want to donate medicine?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not yet, maybe next turn.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

I believe I have a medicine card I can give to Turtlicious.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Better one should die than every one get frostbite even if I had any I wouldn't give them.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I agree that we have to pass this crisis. The consequences are very harsh, and we should keep the medicine cards for the crisis.

Rumda posted:

Better one should die than every one get frostbite even if I had any I wouldn't give them.

On the other hand, the Sheriff is Turtilicious only viable character, because the dude in jail is not going to do anything besides atracting zombies. Plus he's going to keep on taking a turn without being productive, thus worsening our situation. And it's a dick move from our part.

Kerro, do you count having only one survivor that is disabled in some way as the same as losing every survivor?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

No, I think as per the rules one survivor that is incapacitated still counts as having a survivor. I'd be tempted to houserule against that, but likely that won't be a problem since Buddy is one wound and one turn away from dying of frostbite.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, yeah, he got another frostbite. We really need to find some warm clothes.

Sorry, no cards for Turtilicious.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Q Q poor fitness trainer

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Fair points. I suppose I'll save my card for the crisis.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sadly, no medicine is forthcoming for Buddy who may well freeze to death in the police cells, if a zombie doesn't get him first.

Players

Tekopo

Rumda

Dice: 4 6 2

Mongol

Fat Samurai

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2, Imprisoned
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx2

Action queue: Tekopo's turn

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Look at crisis using Talia's power

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Talia checks out the upcoming crises. Cards sent!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Place cards back as indicated in PM
Say 'Need Fuel'
Move Talia to Gas Station and use 3 Dice to kill a zombie

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Talia moves to the gas station. Talia is unaffected by exposure!

Talia kills a zombie. Using her powers of precognition, Talia manages to avoid being bitten (no exposure).

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Search in Gas Station twice, no noise

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Talia searches twice. Cards sent! Any free actions?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Tekopo let me know if you have any free actions you wanted to take for the end of your turn (e.g. playing food, playing crisis cards etc) but in the interests of keeping things moving I'll post the next update and move on to Rumda's turn since free actions probably will not affect that.

Players

Rumda

Dice: 4 6 2 6

Mongol

Fat Samurai

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2, Imprisoned
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx2

Tekopo

Cards: 4

Action queue: Tekopo to declare any free actions for end of his turn; Rumda's turn

Kerro fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 15, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm done for my turn.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Wait shouldn't I have 4 dice?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yes you should. Edited.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Can I get a quick pm of my hand.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sent!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Move Gabriel to the School, use his ability then search with the 2, using Brain to bump it up to a 3.

Search the hospital with Rod using a 6.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Gabriel moves to the school. Gabriel receives frostbite from exposure!

Gabriel searches at the school. Card sent! Keep or make noise?

Rod searches at the hospital. Card sent! Keep or make noise?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
And Gabriel's ability?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oops, missed that.

Gabriel searches the school for survivors, but at least for now it appears to be deserted.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Keep them both play the food.
Search again in hospital using the 4.

Kill zombie at entrance 1 with the 6 Use the book with Brian to build a Barricade at entrance 2.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Rumda plays a card:

Food 1 School Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

1 food is added to the supply

Rod searches again at the hospital, card sent. Keep?

Brian kills a zombie at entrance 1. Brian is unaffected by exposure.

Rumda equips a card on Brian:

1, 2, 3 Barricades - Book: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.

And immediately follows the handy step-by-step instructions to build a barricade at entrance 2.

• Locked thread