Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Make some noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Card sent. More noise?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Kerro posted:

Card sent. More noise?

:argh: yes

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Another card sent! Rod is very determined to find... something. Keep?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I gotta get some sleep, but I'm guessing since you're outta action dice Rumda, you could probably start planning/preloading your actions Mongol.

I'll update in the morning.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Kerro posted:

Another card sent! Rod is very determined to find... something. Keep?

Play it in the crisis move Rod to the colony.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Kerro posted:

I gotta get some sleep, but I'm guessing since you're outta action dice Rumda, you could probably start planning/preloading your actions Mongol.

I'll update in the morning.

Use book to bump 3 to 4
Sophie will use her ability to look at the top card of the School deck
Gray Beard will steal from Tekopo

When you send this to me, send me my full hand please.

mongol fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 16, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

That steal action is really getting kind of annoying.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Tekopo posted:

That steal action is really getting kind of annoying.

I suppose, but it allows me to do two things:
1) Help get my personal goal accomplished so I can then help with the crisis, and main objective.
2) See what people are holding back. (Like why did Rumba not equip that gun I stole from him?)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Rod returns to the colony
Rumda plays 1 card into the crisis.

Morale: 4
Rounds: 4
Food: 4
Starvation: 1
Crisis cards: 1
Waste: 9

Players

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 2
Dice: 5 4 3

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Dice: 3 3 2 2 2

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2, Imprisoned
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx2
Cards: 1
Dice: 1 2 6

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Cards: 4
Dice: 3 1 1

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck. Frostbitex1
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades - Book: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Cards: 5
Dice: 4 6 2 6

Kerro fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 16, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sophie checks out the school deck

Gray Beard steals a card from Tekopo using his piratey ways. Hand update sent!

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

And then there is a..

quote:

Crossroads Card: Outsiders

"I need everybody at the gate right now! There's a flatbed that just pulled up, loaded with refugees."

Every player with 1 or more survivors at the colony must vote.

Option 1

"We don't have much, but if your people are willing to pull their own weight we can give you a home. For the winter at least. After that you're on your own". Each player draws 1 survivor from the survivor deck and adds it to their following. Each player also adds 1 helpless survivor to the colony.

Option 2

"I'm sorry we just can't take on any more. You're going to have to keep moving". Their faces suggest they've heard those words too many times before. They look downward in acceptance and soon the truck is driving away. Three days later you find the truck collapsed on the side of the road. The people are gone, but blood is caked on the road. Nothing happens.

Action queue: All players to vote Option 1 or Option 2. You can discuss in thread, but please send me your final votes via PM

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

I vote for option 1. I could use more action dice, and I can help with both the crisis and food this turn.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well unless you have a crap ton of food along with the medicine we need the choice is obvious we'll lose 2 morale if we starve this turn, on top of the fitness trainer frezzing to death it'll practically be game over.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Regardless of the results, I'm definitely going to do this:

Search the school, take the Food 2 card found and add it to the food supply.
Add my Food 1 card to the food supply.
Add one card to the crisis.
Kill 2 Zombies at the School with Sophie's Baseball Bat.
Move Gray Beard to the Hospital
Kill 1 Zombie with Gray Beard's Colt

If we choose Option 1, I can also move my new survivor to the School to help with Food. If Fat Sam moves his new survivor out, we'd have exactly enough food, and then we'd just need 3 more medicine. FS has two survivors already at the Grocery Store, and medicine is the second most common item there, and his two characters could get four items over just two searches. It's not a lock by any means, but it is doable.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
We'll need 5 more food... Plus the extra zombies.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'd rather not choose option 1. Also can I know which of my cards were taken. Also mongol stealing means that I have to spend more time on searches for fulfilling my own victory condition. On the other hand, even if you are a good guy it's a good option, because it improves the chances for you to fulfill your own objectives, unless I decide to go for the nuclear option, which is entirely possible.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Tekopo posted:

Also can I know which of my cards were taken.

Yes of course, sent.

Sophie searches at the school
Sophie kills 2 zombies at the school. Sophie receives 1 wound from exposure
Gray Beard moves to the hospital. Gray Beard is unaffected by exposure.
Gray Beard kills a zombie at the hospital with his pistol.

Mongol plays 2 cards:

Food 2 School Food Waste Pile: Add 2 food tokens to the food supply
Food 1 Starter Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

3 food is added to the supply

Mongol plays 1 card into the crisis

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I made a mistake in the last update which has been corrected now. There should have been 4 food then, and now with Mongol's cards there is 7 food at the colony.

I'll wait for a majority vote before posting the next update.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Sorry guys, it's been crunch time at work the last two days. I'll pick up today.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I've only received two votes so far. In 18 hours I'll resolve the decision with the votes I've received so far, so if you have an opinion please let me know!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I the only one uncomfortable with a player stealing from other player's and potentially messing up their secret objectives, and then that same guy trying to get us to do a thing that would tank the game for us in a couple of turns?

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Am I the only one uncomfortable with a player stealing from other player's and potentially messing up their secret objectives, and then that same guy trying to get us to do a thing that would tank the game for us in a couple of turns?

Am i not supposed to use my character's powers? Every card I've stolen I've used to help the group. I stole a gun to kill Zombies that Rumba hadn't equipped. I stole food from Tekopo that he didn't contribute to the food supply.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I contributed food last turn when people just decided to create starvation instead. 2 of the 4 food currently present in the supply was provided by me.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

That's fair, but my point still stands that I have been using Gray Beard's ability to help the group. I have one card in my hand, so I'm certainly not hoarding cards. As far as voting on adding more people, I think it will do more good than harm, considering we have 4 rounds to complete the objective. If you disagree, I have no problem with us voting against it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The problem is that it just adds helpless survivors and the more zombies we have coming our way, the harder our objective is going to be.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

That's true. I have no problem going along with the rest of the group if they don't want to add more survivors.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Option 2 is resolved. Nothing happens

Morale: 4
Rounds: 4
Food: 7
Starvation: 1
Crisis cards: 2
Waste: 12

Players

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Dice: 3 3 2 2 2

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2, Imprisoned
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx2
Dice: 1 2 6

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Cards: 4
Dice: 3 1 1

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck. Frostbitex1
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades - Book: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Cards: 5
Dice: 4 6 2 6

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck. Wound x1
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 5 4 3

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry for dissapearing for most of the last turn, work has been horrible.

So the Crossroad was a no, then?

- Use the constructor worker skill to barricade entry number 4.
- Search the Grocery Store with one of my 4s

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 19, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ashley builds a barricade at the colony
Andrew searches at the grocery store. 2 cards sent! Keep or make noise?

Edit: Yes, the majority vote was for Option 2.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, keep the cards.

Equip the Hammer on the Student.
Play the food card. The waste is going to eat us all.

Move Sparky to the Grocery Store and attack a zombie with a 2.

EDIT: Actually, attack up to 2 zombies, stopping only if Sparky is in danger of dying with a bad roll. Then use my other "2" die to build 2 barricades at the grocery store (due to the hammer).

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 19, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Welp we're dead

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Samurai equips a card on John:

Hammer Equip: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.

Fat Samurai plays a card:

Food 3 Grocery Store Food Waste Pile: Add 3 food tokens to the food supply

3 food added to the supply

Sparky moves to the grocery store

Sparky goes on a zombie killing rampage. Fur and flesh is everywhere. Sparky kills 2 zombies, and takes one frostbite (downgraded from a bite)

John builds two barricades at the grocery store.

You still have one dice remaining (3 - you used one to search, two to fight, and one to barricade out of five dice)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Good boy, Sparky!

Kerro posted:

Sparky goes on a zombie killing rampage. Fur and flesh is everywhere. Sparky kills 2 zombies, and takes one frostbite (downgraded from a bite)

Shouldn't I take just a wound instead of a frostbite?

Use my last dice to search. I should still be able to search 2 cards with this one, as the student is copying the farmer skill.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

We don't need that much food. We need to handle the crisis.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

mongol posted:

We don't need that much food. We need to handle the crisis.

I know. The second search is going to be a dive for medicine (which is the second most common item in the Grocery Store). By barricading the two open spots I have enough leeway to attract 1 extra zombie via noise, so I think we have a good shoot at surviving this.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yes you should, I was doing it from memory rather than actually checking the card. Oh also, this should have happened when Sparky moved:

quote:

Crossroads Card: Fuel Tanker

The fuel tanker sits just off the road, and it appears in excellent condition. You exit your car, and checking the perimeter you approach the cab, its driver side door hanging open. You tear the seatbelt apart (with your teeth because you are a dog), and bludgeon the head of the zombie that falls out. The trucker's bloody hat says Beaver Inspector, and you marvel at how stupid and frivolous your your master's species used to be. Climbing into the cab, you give the keys a twist and the loud diesel engine roars to life like some ancient monster reborn into the world. You cringe. Noise like that is going to draw every dead thing for a mile.

Option 1

You drive the tanker back to the colony, drawing every zombie in the area back with you. Place 6 zombies at the colony and add up to 4 fuel cards that have been removed from the game to your hand.

Option 2

You sigh regretfully and turn the motor back off. It's just too loud to risk driving into the colony. Nothing happens

Fat Samurai choose Option 1 or 2

John then searches the grocery store, mimicking Andrew's every move. Cards sent - keep?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sparky is awesome and the bestest dog ever! :3

How many fuel card have we used? I think we can handle the zombies (how many zombies are going to appear at the colony at the end of the turn, Kerro? I can't check the manual right now), and the next crisis is going to need fuel. 4 extra cards could mean the difference between +1 morale and barely passing.

Make some noise!

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Currently 5 zombies would appear at the colony, although only 2 will be placed (3 will destroy barricades instead). Attracting 6 more would result in 4 more being placed and 2 more barricades being destroyed (I think, I'm bad at visualising this stuff in my head. Certainly no-one will get eaten).

Noise made, card sent. More noise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Goddamit

More Noise! Only a 25% of someone suffering a horryfing death! Or I could move someone, I guess.

Thoughts about the card, guys? I'm leaning towards getting the fuel.

• Locked thread