Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's all well and good unless you're working for a contractor, in which case you get to choose between burning vacation days or dealing with unpaid time off. Federal employees seemed disappointed when the last shutdown ended.

I was very disappointed that all republicans didn't commit ritual suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can't believe someone used a "if you can't tell me the ordinance you can't arrest me" argument to challenge a cop. This isn't Dungeons and Dragons. There is no Protection From Law Enforcement spell that a citizen can utter that makes police have to leave you alone. Unless you have Power Word Diplomatic Immunity and its required components you don't challenge a cop like this (and I still wouldn't risk it). :psyduck: None of this excuses the cops going overboard but challenging a cop's authority is never a good idea. Unless you're white and have a bunch of people in the area with guns and a desire to kill law enforcement (Bundy ranch) in which case you might get away with it temporarily.

There needs to be a federal law that prohibits "resisting arrest" being charged against anyone unless they were actually being arrested with cause. It also needs to reinforce that resist has to be physical because I'm pretty sure the COTB threads had 'verbal resisting' in some of the more blatant cases of abuse.

Being charged for resisting arrest without being charged for anything else is basically "you got arrested for contempt of cop."

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bob McDonnell goes to jail and Terry McAuliffe remains a free man. Only in America.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

4 more years :getin:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love this new Benghazi thing: "Yes, I testified a bunch 18 months ago and didn't bring it up then, but I just remembered, I saw Clinton do Benghazi".

I wish I could somehow make Benghazi Bucks from Fox News :(

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are no liberal Republicans

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

JT Jag posted:

Yes, leftists should give Dems a reason to care about them. Right now the left wing of the party is just assumed to be a group that is irritated at the Democrats but will ultimately vote lockstep with their policies. Do something that makes them pay attenton, like knock out some infamously corporate shills in primaries, and then we'll be getting somewhere.

The fact that California liberals can't even loving take out Dianne Feinstein...

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

This is the strangest and yet the most believable thing.

nope, only because ALJs cap out in the mid-150s

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
people who make more than $200k from federal government salary:

obama
biden
supreme court justices
boehner

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile at the Capitol....

Does he not have teeth?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dinesh-d-souza-sentenced-five-years-probation

quote:

Conservative writer and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza was sentenced to eight months in a community confinement center and five years probation after he pleaded guilty to violating campaign finance laws.

I can't believe that he'll manage not to violate his probation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day: "That's how we roll" ~ President Barack Obama describing US foreign policy.

animal print pants out of control