Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PsychoBilly Caddy
Dec 2, 2005
You might say I picked it up at the factory. It's cheaper that way.
Standard League:

Need my WR2:
R. Cobb vs SEA
L. Fitzgerald vs SD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I've got another two I'm not sure about:

Yahoo, 1PPR

WR2 Spot:
Emmanuel Sanders vs Indy
Pierre Garcon vs Houston
Kendall Wright vs KC

I'm thinking this one is between Garcon and Sanders since Wright is playing KC.

For my QB, I'm not sure if I should go with:

Luck vs Denver (I also have the Denver TD)
Stafford vs NYG

I'm leaning towards Luck on this one.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Koth posted:

I've got another two I'm not sure about :

Yahoo, 1PPR

WR2 Spot:
Emmanuel Sanders vs Indy
Pierre Garcon vs Houston

This is basically a handwave.

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

Standard League:

Need my WR2:
R. Cobb vs SEA
L. Fitzgerald vs SD

I'm basically of the opinion that Fitz is just about done, and you drafted Cobb where you did to play him, but Seattle is an OK defense I guess. :/

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
In my ESPN standard scoring league,

I have AJ Green, then I have 4 decent WR possibilities for 2 spots (unless anyone thinks Trent Richardson is worth a start at my flex position over a 3rd WR, but I don't like him much).

Randall Cobb (normally starting for me, but playing the Seahawks tonight)
Ty Hilton (IND) vs DEN
Cordarrelle Patterson (MIN)vs STL
Mike Wallace (MIA) vs NE

I'm leaning toward Patterson and Ty Hilton, but I'm unsure.

Substandard fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 4, 2014

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Standard ESPN Scoring. Looking for a Flex spot.

Brandin Cooks (NO WR) vs ATL
or
Michael Floyd (ARZ WO) vs SD

Right now I'm leaning towards Cooks, even though he's an untested rookie, because I think the Saints are going to blow out the Falcons and Cooks might be able to cash in on it.

Michael Floyd on the other hand is a safer, more reliable pick.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Substandard posted:

In my ESPN standard scoring league,

I have AJ Green, then I have 4 decent WR possibilities for 2 spots (unless anyone thinks Trent Richardson is worth a start at my flex position over a 3rd WR, but I don't like him much).

Randall Cobb (normally starting for me, but playing the Seahawks tonight)
Ty Hilton (IND)
Cordarrelle Patterson (MIN)
Mike Wallace (MIA)

I'm leaning toward Patterson and Ty Hilton, but I'm unsure.

You should probably say who they are playing rather than the team they are on.

That being said, I'd run Patterson and Hilton and live that youth upside lyfe like the baller you are.

ManMythLegend posted:

or

Right now I'm leaning towards Cooks, even though he's an untested rookie, because I think the Saints are going to blow out the Falcons and Cooks might be able to cash in on it.

Floyd owns start him every game.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Its Miller Time posted:

1PPR

Percy Harvin vs. GB
E. Sanders vs. Ind

I disagree with the other guy and I'd take Sanders in the slot with 1 PPR

ManMythLegend posted:

or

I would take the safer Floyd pick, personally.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
D/ST question, standard yahoo scoring:

Stick with TB DST vs. CAR
or
Pick up CHI DST vs. BUF?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

ShaneB posted:

You should probably say who they are playing rather than the team they are on.

That being said, I'd run Patterson and Hilton and live that youth upside lyfe like the baller you are.

Thanks I edited it as you were posting, Patterson and Hilton is definitely the boom or bust option. I'm hoping for boom.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Honestly I'd run Floyd without hesitation until teams start putting their best CB on him instead of Fitz. This will happen within the first few games of the season.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
KC's defense isn't going to be what is was last year but I still don't start Wright. I'd play Floyd over Cooks for now. I like Tampa's defense and really don't like Carolina's offense, so I'd stick with the Bucs.
From last page:

wyoak posted:

.5 PPR, MJD @ NYJ, Sproles @ Jax, or Ingram @ Atl in the flex? I'm thinking there's not a huge difference with any of em. MJD has the most guaranteed touches, but that offense is poo poo and about the only thing the Jets do well is stop the run. Sproles could have 7 catches and a TD, and could just as easily have 1 catch for -2 yards. Ingram has a well established history of sucking in a crowded backfield but he might stumble his way into the endzone.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 4, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

wyoak posted:

I might be a little too infatuated with Harvin but I say him. He's stud-territory (until he gets hurt, which could very well be the third play of the game).

That's what I'm going with for now. ESPN's "rankings" have Sanders as 14/12/10/19 while Percy is 7/20/25/14. Fantasypro says that 77% would start Harvin.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
1ppr league, start floyd or cruz?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ Floyd

Substandard posted:

Thanks I edited it as you were posting, Patterson and Hilton is definitely the boom or bust option. I'm hoping for boom.

I think Patterson is going to be borderline start every week, but I may be higher on him than some. I think he is going to boom this year.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

I have him starting in most of my leagues but I thought cruz might be a better decision? Any reason u think floyd over him?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

fyallm posted:

I have him starting in most of my leagues but I thought cruz might be a better decision? Any reason u think floyd over him?

For one, the Arizona offense is light years ahead of the Giants offense. For two, I think Floyd has a higher floor and ceiling than Cruz at this point and I fully expect Floyd to put up much better numbers than Cruz all season long. I really just do not trust that Giants offense at all, and Floyd should actually be a very, very good wr this year in fantasy football.

Stoop
Feb 16, 2004

Zochness posted:

D/ST question, standard yahoo scoring:

Stick with TB DST vs. CAR
or
Pick up CHI DST vs. BUF?

I understand wanting to play Chicago buut Carolina isn't running against Gerald McCoy and their receivers are terrible. Oh but then there's EJ Manuel.
I understand your dilemma. Stick with your team in these situations. No telling how Buffalo will be this season.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

You guys overrate match-ups way, way, way, too much. Hilton over Cobb? Are you all loving high?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

disheveled posted:

You guys overrate match-ups way, way, way, too much. Hilton over Cobb? Are you all loving high?

Oh drat I didn't even notice him in that list. Lol start Cobb.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Standard Yahoo scoring, 0 ppr. Need an RB2:

Alfred Morris @ Hou
or
Toby Gerhart @ Phi

Leaning Morris but I need confirmation!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Generally speaking, if you have two equivalent players you are weighing starting, sit your Washington and Giants players for now. Like if you are deciding between Alfred Morris and Doug Martin, DeSean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin, Keenan Allen or Victor Cruz etc., pick the non-Giant/Washington player until those offenses sort themselves out.

Though, as always, Don't Sit Your Studs. If it's a question of Alfred Morris vs. Pierre Thomas, don't be an idiot.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
.5 PPR

WR2

Cobb @ SEA

or Cordarelle @ STL

FLEX

Stacy v MIN
Gerhart @ PHI

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Shath Hole posted:

For one, the Arizona offense is light years ahead of the Giants offense. For two, I think Floyd has a higher floor and ceiling than Cruz at this point and I fully expect Floyd to put up much better numbers than Cruz all season long. I really just do not trust that Giants offense at all, and Floyd should actually be a very, very good wr this year in fantasy football.

Hummm alright thanks. I guess I was just weighing cruz too high. Thanks again

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

keldegar posted:

.5 PPR

WR2

Cobb @ SEA

or Cordarelle @ STL

FLEX

Stacy v MIN
Gerhart @ PHI

Cobb and Stacy.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

timp posted:

Standard Yahoo scoring, 0 ppr. Need an RB2:

Alfred Morris @ Hou
or
Toby Gerhart @ Phi

Leaning Morris but I need confirmation!

I'd say Gerhart because Houstons defense doesn't look like it's going to be the problem this year. At least not with the run defense anyway. I'm not as sure how good Philly's run defense is, but those are my thoughts on it.

keldegar posted:

.5 PPR

WR2

Cobb @ SEA

or Cordarelle @ STL

FLEX

Stacy v MIN
Gerhart @ PHI

I'd take Cobb here and probably Stacy, but that second choice doesn't seem to have much difference.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

Standard League:

Need my WR2:
R. Cobb vs SEA
L. Fitzgerald vs SD

Cobb, dude.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

Generally speaking, if you have two equivalent players you are weighing starting, sit your Washington and Giants players for now. Like if you are deciding between Alfred Morris and Doug Martin, DeSean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin, Keenan Allen or Victor Cruz etc., pick the non-Giant/Washington player until those offenses sort themselves out.

Though, as always, Don't Sit Your Studs. If it's a question of Alfred Morris vs. Pierre Thomas, don't be an idiot.

welp, my WR2 in three leagues is Garcon :sweatdrop:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm sitting Garcon this week for Shane Vereen until I see how Washington is going to shake out. It is a flex though, and PPR.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Suave Fedora posted:

My DJax is riding pine in favour of Decker until I see RGIII throw one loving spiral.

Also, gently caress autodraft, I didn't want any Washington N-Words on my team.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

It's not like that's a no-brainer.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/larry-fitzgerald-randall-cobb.php

I think it's more of a 50/50, but I am low on Fitzgerald this year since he's entering a decline phase IMO. But there's nothing wrong with considering starting a slightly less talented option rather than a player who is facing Seattle in Seattle in a night game.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Its an opener though, you gotta believe that Green Bay is gonna come out prepared and hot. Seattle is vulnerable to versatile guys like Cobb, look how TY Hilton ripped them a new one last year. I'm starting Cobb/Rodgers without worry.

Koth posted:

For my QB, I'm not sure if I should go with:

Luck vs Denver (I also have the Denver TD)
Stafford vs NYG

I'm leaning towards Luck on this one.

I like Luck better, but its never good to rob Peter to pay Paul. You're shaving points off your own player, especially with QBs. Go Stafford or stream your DEF.

Same situation for me: I'm streaming defense because while I'm high on Denver season long, I'm not high on them against the Colts. Which inept placeholder QB do I bet against, Henne/Jax @ Philly or Hoyer/Cle @ Pit?

The Werle fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 4, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

It's not like that's a no-brainer.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/larry-fitzgerald-randall-cobb.php

I think it's more of a 50/50, but I am low on Fitzgerald this year since he's entering a decline phase IMO. But there's nothing wrong with considering starting a slightly less talented option rather than a player who is facing Seattle in Seattle in a night game.

If we're heavily weighing matchups here (and I normally don't lend them that much weight because they result in stupid decisions), then the only Packer I'd worry over is Nelson being shadowed by Sherman.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Standard League, not sure on my flex b/t three WRs:
M Wallace vs NE
J Maclin vs JAC
T Smith vs CIN

I'm leaning Maclin, mostly because Cinci/Revis don't bode well for the other two.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

Standard League, not sure on my flex b/t three WRs:
M Wallace vs NE
J Maclin vs JAC
T Smith vs CIN

I'm leaning Maclin, mostly because Cinci/Revis don't bode well for the other two.

I'd take Smith, the CIN D is nothing to be afraid of in particular, and Smith is going to get a shitload of targets in that Kubiak offense.

But either of them over Wallace for sure.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

The Werle posted:

I like Luck better, but its never good to rob Peter to pay Paul. You're shaving points off your own player, especially with QBs. Go Stafford or stream your DEF.

Same situation for me: I'm streaming defense because while I'm high on Denver season long, I'm not high on them against the Colts. Which inept placeholder QB do I bet against, Henne/Jax @ Philly or Hoyer/Cle @ Pit?

But is Luck considered a stud? I don't want to sit my studs.

But I do like the Lions. Is it too much to hope that the Giants' defense is as big of a mess as their offense?

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

I have a QB dilemma.

Standard ESPN

Matt Stafford v Giants
Russell Wilson v GB

I've got Stafford starting but Wilson at home against a porous GB defense has me second guessing.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Suave Fedora posted:

If we're heavily weighing matchups here (and I normally don't lend them that much weight because they result in stupid decisions), then the only Packer I'd worry over is Nelson being shadowed by Sherman.

Sherman plays sides, hes not a shadow corner.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
NFL, standard.

Tight end

Jordan Reed @ Houston
Kyle Rudolph @ St. Louis

FLEX

Roddy White vs. New Orleans
Reggie Bush vs. New York Giants
CJ Spiller @ Chicago
Ben Tate @ Pittsburgh
Brandin Cooks @ Atlanta
Julian Edelman @ Miami

Bold is who I have in currently. Rudolph can also take the FLEX

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Non-PPR

Flex position, choose 1:
Chris Johnson vs Oakland
C.J. Spiller @ Chicago
Mike Wallace vs New England

I'm thinking C.J. Spiller will have the better season, but CJ2k's matchup vs Oakland is very tantalizing.

QB (4pts/td : 1pt/25yds : -1/int : bonuses=400yds/5pts and 500yds/8pts):
Tom Brady @ Miami
Jay Cutler vs Buff

This is a toss up in my mind. I think Tom Brady is definitely the safer bet, but the bonuses make Jay Cutler a very interesting choice. I think we actually discussed at the draft changing the bonuses to 3 and 5, but the commissioner hasn't gotten around to it. Anyway, what do you guys think?

10bux fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

ESPN, .5 PPR

Flex
:

Toby Gerhart
Jordan Cameron

??

Teeter fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 5, 2014

• Locked thread