Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

maybe anime man can add/correct some of that I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

a hole-y ghost posted:

maybe anime man can add/correct some of that I dunno

that's about it, but one of the things is that chinese migrants have somewhat more power than jews ever did because they didn't get the full brunt of state oppression (for example, they provided a ridiculous sum of money to the KMT and communists in the second world war) so it's more complicated than a lot of anglo/euro ethnic relationships

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Effectronica posted:

that's about it, but one of the things is that chinese migrants have somewhat more power than jews ever did because they didn't get the full brunt of state oppression (for example, they provided a ridiculous sum of money to the KMT and communists in the second world war) so it's more complicated than a lot of anglo/euro ethnic relationships
yeah true

e: anime man, are you asian too? whats your ethnicity

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 31, 2014

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I learned some things today. Go figure.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah true

e: anime man, are you asian too? whats your ethnicity

im white but i know a couple malaysians and filipinos well

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

I learned some things today. Go figure.
you learned some things from gbs which is even less likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Effectronica posted:

im white but i know a couple malaysians and filipinos well
filipinos are funny because they're like the opposite of chinese in some respects, once they realize you're filipino they want you to help them in some way rather than offering you help.
for example if you go to a Chinese restaurant and are Chinese occasionally they'll just be like "you don't have to pay, it's cool" whereas if you go into a store and the owner's Filipino and you are too, they'll expect you to buy a lot of stuff but not give you a discount or anything.

• Locked thread