Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.
my family has owned a Chinese restaurant for about 20 years now and i can honestly say the majority of the clientele care more about stuffing their faces with as much food :10bux: can buy than taste. A lot of places would rather cater to that bunch because it means less work and more profit. A bunch of new Chinese places sprung up around us and the majority of them either cook their food ahead of time and place it in a steam table where it sits all day and/or use really poor quality food. I found out the owner of one place nearby will buy almost-spoiled vegetables at a discount price to put in fried rice.

Restaurants that use fresh good-quality ingredients and make everything to order definitely have to charge more, which causes incessant bitching in 50% of the customers, who will likely then travel down the road to the lovely buffet place. My family's restaurant still hand-makes everything like spring rolls and wontons and such, but really it doesn't seem to be worth the effort and extra work if half of the customers don't give a poo poo. So it's not surprising more and more places are willing to sacrifice quality just to stay in business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread