Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
how dare someone be held accountable for their behavior

p.s. please don't tell my friends about my goku fanfiction blog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
I do not know what doxxing is

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Whats doxxing

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
In the hope that the person who made fun of them is an even bigger loser than they are.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

A Typical Goon posted:

Whats doxxing

document shredding

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

A Typical Goon posted:

Whats doxxing

This guys a retard, a little tip for all you gbs readers

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i dont want the general public to know about my federal crimes

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

privilege or something, idk

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

A Typical Goon posted:

Whats doxxing

who?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

A lot of internet people don't want the other internet people to see their grotesque pork faces

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Doxxing was invented to free TVIV from the clutches of their idiot god king who touched little girls.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
whats doxxing

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
generally it means to post the identity of a 40 year old basement dweller who touches small children

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
dozing is when you say something bad about videogames so a nerd uses his magic to find out your real name and give it to people who want to rape you

edit: or doxxing even

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Doxxing was invented to free TVIV from the clutches of their idiot god king who touched little girls.

I am digging the new av, Taint Reaper.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
if someone's not okay with their arkest secrets being revealed what do you think that means

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Don Mega posted:

how dare someone be held accountable for their behavior

p.s. please don't tell my friends about my goku fanfiction blog

cause half the time they do it to people that haven't really done anything like Anita Sarkeesian

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TOOT BOOT posted:

cause half the time they do it to people that haven't really done anything like Anita Sarkeesian

No one should wear hoop earrings

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

what does that even mean? I'll doxx her right now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Sarkeesian BOOM LOOK AT ALL THAT PERSONAL INFO

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
only depraved criminals should be "doxxed", op

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Don Mega posted:

what does that even mean? I'll doxx her right now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Sarkeesian BOOM LOOK AT ALL THAT PERSONAL INFO

boy, i sure am glad we have someone willing to take a stand in favor of google knowing what your favorite toothpaste brand is.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Don Mega posted:

She later moved to California, and identifies as Canadian American.

who the gently caress? i dont like this lady

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

their dicks are too small and their bellies too big for effective doxxing

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I thought doxxing was when you overload a server with artificially boosted traffic. Was I completely wrong? What the hell am I thinking of?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

This guys a retard, a little tip for all you gbs readers

Sorry I'm not 100% down with every internet term. Ill proceed to post all day every day on somethingawful while bragging about how I'm not a total loser so I can be more cool like forums user A Loving Dog.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

A Typical Goon posted:

Sorry I'm not 100% down with every internet term. Ill proceed to post all day every day on somethingawful while bragging about how I'm not a total loser so I can be more cool like forums user A Loving Dog.

i dunno why you gotta prove him right like that

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

doxxing is a tool. sometimes its an immensely useful thing but more often than not it's a petty vengeance act aimed to frighten and terrorize the target. Sometimes those aims cross and terrorizing shitlords and attempting to shame them, even if resorting to fear and terrorism tactics, is sometimes acceptable. but with that said this does not apply to recent events w/r/t loving retarded video game drama and everyone involved from zoe quinn to the losers who have a vendetta against her should be lined up against a wall and shot.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
sooo doxxing and helldumping the same thing? this is an earnest question i post here but i'm not really apart of the community

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Hobohemian posted:

I thought doxxing was when you overload a server with artificially boosted traffic. Was I completely wrong? What the hell am I thinking of?

You are completely wrong. That's DDOS - a directed denial of service.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Don Mega posted:

generally it means to post the identity of a 40 year old basement dweller who touches small children

guys like that are more likely to be doing the doxxing

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Speleothing posted:

I knew there were some D's in there somewhere. The more you know...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NiceGuy posted:

sooo doxxing and helldumping the same thing? this is an earnest question i post here but i'm not really apart of the community

doxxing is like posting someone's address on 4chan

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

A Typical Goon posted:

Lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Too easy

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

irl names are power words and yall niggas know enough poo poo about ad&d to know what that is, dont even loving pretend

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I just tried Kombucha for the first time.

Its not too bad.

Goon Night.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Smoking Crow posted:

doxxing is like posting someone's address on 4chan

yeah
helldumping is just to make somebody persona non grata on the something awful forums. hmmm somebody going by the same avatar and username posts on diaperfurs.org and uses the phrase "comedy gold", coincidence??????

doxxing goes into their real life and is like ha ah that guy who said halo is bad has an eight year old daughter named cindy and she goes to putput elementary in sacoba, Washington NOW WHO IS BAD, CHRIS? NOT HALO. NOT HALO

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

did sass ever doxx that poster of theirs that admitted to possessing underage nudes of someone from fyad

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Speleothing posted:

then what's the acronym for Distributed Denial of Service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Millstone posted:

then what's the acronym for Distributed Denial of Service?

NAMBLA

• Locked thread