Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
ick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

try it

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

eat the meat

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Brother, raw meat will never make you sick. Raw flesh of God's natural beasts is the only thing in this world that's right for you to eat.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the dude whose dick youre gonna suck is gonna be so mad if you chew on it

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
ick.

naem
May 29, 2011

Yes it will actually

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
Eat the flesh of another human being, OP.

Goetia
Aug 6, 2007
taste the meat

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Blasted! Nothing but mutton to eat!

How I long for a bit of man flesh!

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
today i ate bacon that had been in a hot car for 6 hours yesterday and i'm still alive and drinking beer so there you go

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
speaking from experience here, raw meat will give you the worst morning breath you will ever experience

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The-Mole posted:

speaking from experience here, raw meat will give you the worst morning breath you will ever experience

I dunno I had this soup with reduced wine and a fuckton of pearl onions and yeesh

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Do it you coward consume the flesh become the flesh

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Do it you coward consume the flesh become the flesh

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Anybody have the text of that raw meat eating goon that lived in the woods with his gross girlfriend? The one overlaid on the bear drawings would be double plus.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I ate raw chicken once out of curiosity. I'm still alive.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I tried to eat a raw steak once because I have autism and wanted to be like a caveman while my mom was out of town for the afternoon and it was very tough to eat and I immediately hit the classical age and cooked the rest of it after one bite.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Decrepus posted:

I tried to eat a raw steak once because I have autism and wanted to be like a caveman while my mom was out of town for the afternoon and it was very tough to eat and I immediately hit the classical age and cooked the rest of it after one bite.
yeah certain types of raw meat can be apain in the rear end to eat

especially if you get sick

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

red meat is almost impossible to get sick from, it can be pretty much rotten and you can still eat it raw and most likely be fine

don't touch poultry or pork that's anything less than thoroughly cooked though

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

olny if its people brains, avoid at all costs

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i think the biggest beef worry is prions and if you've got those in the meat you can still get sick if its turned to charcoal?

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i think the biggest beef worry is prions and if you've got those in the meat you can still get sick if its turned to charcoal?

ya burnt meat is no defense against a prion disease. you have to completely denature the proteins, best way to do it is under high pressure and about 800 C. They use that process to turn meat inappropriate cows by the truckload into components for industrial agricultural uses.

prion diseases are really terrible. once infected, there is no cure, it is invariably fatal. the infected cells reproduce by their shape; the proteins warp the proteins next to them, slowly spreading throughout the brain, until your brain looks like an old grey meat sponge full of holes.

anyway

you probably won't get sick if you eat raw meat because most of the time nothing is wrong with raw meat. especially if its steak or whatever. you can even eat hamburgers raw or very rare, just pick cuts of meat, blanch it very quickly in boiling water to make sure you sterilize the exterior, then grind the meat yourself. almost no chance of e coli, worst thing would just be parasites, which does happen... kind of a pain but generally not life threatening.

i prefer to just keep meat raised to 'rare' temperature for a long while, as the sterilization of meat is both a factor of time and temperature, if it spends a longer time at a low temperature it can be just as sterile as if you dried it out like a hockey puck

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Tim Raines IRL posted:

today i ate bacon that had been in a hot car for 6 hours yesterday and i'm still alive and drinking beer so there you go

bacon is fully cooked when sold. its perfectly safe to eat right out of the package.

though you shouldn't eat stuff that has been laying out in the danger zone for a long time, that's not a raw meat thing though.

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Commercial bacon:

First, pork bellies are sorted by size and fat percentage. They are then placed into a large machine that rotates (often called a tumbler). This softens the bellies, which makes it easier to remove the rinds. The bellies are then cut, either manually or mechanically, to remove the skin from the meat. The skins may be used to be processed into pork rinds. The bacon is then treated by a brine solution. The brine solution may contain the flavorings, or the flavorings may be added later. After being brined, the bacon is smoked. Depending on where the bacon is made, the smoking process is different. The bacon is then cooked in an oven and soon after chilled for a few days. The cooling makes the meat firm which makes it easier to slice.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Humans ate raw meat before fire was invented, and humans still exist today...so...

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
eat you're famil OP

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Rapman the Cook posted:

Humans ate raw meat before fire was invented, and humans still exist today...so...

go paleo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

THS posted:

go paleo
go paleo, kill and eat a neanderthal

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Clapping Larry

Iggy Koopa posted:

the dude whose dick youre gonna suck is gonna be so mad if you chew on it

This dude knows from experience, trust me.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Ever chew on a piece of steak for what seems like forever? Do I just suck at eating steak or is that the sign of poor quality meat/cooking?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Phrasing posted:

Ever chew on a piece of steak for what seems like forever? Do I just suck at eating steak or is that the sign of poor quality meat/cooking?
what cut

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Don't remember it just happens sometimes.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Phrasing posted:

Don't remember it just happens sometimes.

Probably a lovely cut that was cooked poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Phrasing posted:

bad meat, buy Hereford meat bro

• Locked thread