Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Texas looked pretty good but against North Texas so not really the best indicator of just how good they may (or may not be). Everything more or less looked positive and the defense is playing very aggressively especially looking good in the secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

VDay posted:

"4th & 5 and we need this first down to not lose the game. They'll never expect a run up the middle!"

In actual post-week 1 news, Texas senior center Dom Espinosa will likely miss the rest of the year.

Talk about probably the one injury that would hurt the most. Dude was the only experienced guy on that OL.

Well, not like we expected to win it all or anything, maybe at least some young linemen can get a lot of reps.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State's #1 reciever appears to be out for the season with a torn ACL, tha the suffered on like the thrid play of the game. Our center, who went down early in the second quarter (and when he did the entire offense completely fell apart) might be back next week... so there's that, I guess.

Seriously, how the gently caress is our god drat center that important to the offense. After he went down we gained like 60 yards the entire rest of the game.

Watch Texas next week to find out

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

go3 posted:

He should never have played another snap again but you know, football. gently caress this sport Jesus Christ burn it all down.

This. Ash should have never been allowed back on the field and I think most of the UT posters have said that at least once this offseason.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

I've decided on a career change. I'm going to perfect human cloning and create William Tecumseh Sherman mk. II. We're going to get the band back together and do a reunion tour of Atlanta.

:fap:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

When did this become a thing, out of curiosity? 2010? I've been hearing people slam UT's atmosphere since I started giving a poo poo about football. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to get a decent atmosphere when you can only fill half your stadium and still have 50k.

Everytime it's not been a huge Big12 rivalry big outside of conference opponent really. The times we've had gameday there etc it's been big loud and crowded but then 2 weeks later we'll have Kansas at home or something and it's quieter than a church.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hawkline posted:

The general mood among Texas fans is because there hasn't been a Heisman contender under center every year, we can squarely blame national championship winning coach Mack Brown now and forever. http://texas.247sports.com/Article/David-Ash-injury-reminds-of-QB-recruiting-ineptitude-at-Texas-30786505

This article is a piece of poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That's pretty sad if he lost a lot of stuff from his UT time. I bet a lot of that was irreplaceable.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

He did an interview and said that at his age to get as swole as he is that he does take hormone injections. I don't have a problem with it, he is a celeb/actor/wwe dude so whatever. No shame in that game.

Yeah it's basically "I got loving ripped and got paid millions and no one really can do much about it"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

wootmachine posted:

Is that where Vince Young left his ability to play?

You took Colt McCoys and now you mock us for this! :mad:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

NCAA GDT Week 2: All That's Left is A Pile Of Ash

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I like football and I've grown to like college football, but I don't have a college football team. Who should I root for this year?

I'll probably just take up the flag of whoever first responds to this but no Alabama, Florida State, or Maryland. Nick Saban is an rear end in a top hat, I don't want to be a bandwagoner and the terps moving conferences just bugs the hell out of me for some reason. I'm just so used to the ACC :shurg:

Oregon

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

You monster

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

If you need a reminder why you should never read Power Rankings, CNNSI has Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma and FSU ranked ahead of UGA right now.

I hate UGA, but that team looks scary good.

Nah they just know how UGA operates. Give it a few weeks.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Basically only Tulane was directly impacted. There were a lot of logistical issues for the other nearby programs but infrastructure etc was still functional and intact but severely inconvenienced.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

AD is hitting up the alumni to see if they can go undefeated this year.

Hahahaaha

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mahoning posted:

Notre Dame and Ohio State have just announced a home and home for 2022-2023.

"What are 'Current fan bases that will be dead by then' Alex?"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I took care of the live bear mascots at Baylor and traveled to the UT game in Austin. There's a reason it was the last time we went. Walking down the field past the student section before the game, we got drinks and trash thrown at us, so we decided to take the bear past the alumni following the game (this is back when Baylor was getting absolutely blasted, pretty sure Chris Sims was the QB). That plan backfired as we got food, bottles (glass and plastic) and even worse stuff said to us from the blue hairs than the students. Remember, this is AFTER they obliterated us on the field. Never seen anything like that from any of our other opponents, and I traveled with the bear quite a bit.

That really sucks.

When I was at UT (05-11) I never saw much bad behavior towards other fans and (at least at my tailgate and the ones around) we would always give BBQ and beer to anyone walking around with the visiting teams colors. Wyoming had a buncha dudes come down for that and they were fun as hell taking shots of whisky with us at like 10am. Also KSU fans were pretty cool because they knew they weren't always an awesome team but could kick our rear end a lot of the time. I found them to be some of the more intelligent fans too, they really knew a lot more about the game than many of the other fans I came across.

I think Arkansas fans were about the only visitors that rubbed us the wrong way.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Raku posted:

Have they caught the Longhorns fan that burned down Mack's house yet?

Groverat is on the loose.

Thoguh posted:

NCAA Week 2: Gone as soon as a memory of David Ash

NCAA Week 2: David Ash Bi-oooh shiny

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Holy poo poo that owns.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NippleFloss posted:

If I recall correctly, the mediocre big 12 team that finished 3rd in the SEC west in 2012 obliterated the Big 12 co-champs in their bowl game.

Thought OSU was ranked 3rd behind Baylor and OU?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

NCAA Week 2 GDT - Swoopes, who is you playin wit? Back that Ash up.

If we're gonna do an Ash related quote at all, this is it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mouse Cadet posted:

Week 2 GDT: Celebrities, Muschamp yell at cloud.

That's not bad either.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Emron posted:

How many trees have your fans poisoned? :smug:

Our fanbase will be more likely to hang someone from trees :smith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Komet posted:

That's an overreaction. There was a handful of people guilty of ignored child sexual abuse, three of whom will go to trial and a fourth disgraced before his death. You can't argue that the entire institution was corrupt.

Oh nah not the whole institute just all of its leadership.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Komet posted:

That's an overreaction. There was a handful of people guilty of ignored child sexual abuse, three of whom will go to trial and a fourth disgraced before his death. You can't argue that the entire institution was corrupt.

Komet posted:

Um, I don't have the attitude that Penn State should cover up horrendous crimes in the interest of winning more football games. I post one bit of information and everyone begins attacking me like I'm part of the problem. I'm not Jay Paterno. I'm not Anthony Lubrano. You people jump all over Sash for even more innocuous posts. This is really ugly.

I think people just disagree with the earlier post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah I guess it is kind of the same sort of annoying popdog vs kawalimus ravens chat posting that used to go on.

• Locked thread