Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
Kentucky won a football game, convincingly!

I mean, yes, it was against Tennessee-Martin, but.

Also WKU opened their season by hanging 59 on Bowling Green so that's neat. Maybe they'll get to play in a bowl game that isn't being held in a blizzard this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Komet posted:

How tightly does the NCAA regulate the bowl process? What if the Big Ten breaks with the NCAA and allows Penn State the possibility of winning the conference? Can a bowl selection committee bypass the NCAA and invite Penn State regardless?

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that a bowl selection committee that did this would get their certification revoked or something.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

My goal is to see my team ranked once in my lifetime

Unless you are, like, 19, your team totally has been ranked in your lifetime (#25, for one week, about nineteen years ago).

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

DJExile posted:

How the hell is Arizona on the road? Did they and UTSA agree to a home-and-home?

I think they scheduled a 2-and-1, and this is the 1.

How a program like UTSA even managed to get that against a power-conference team is still a worthwhile question, but it at least makes more sense that way.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Hed posted:

So is there a real reason Florida couldn't use the extended holiday weekend and just make up the game in the following days?

Apparently the teams even share a bye week in late October but that wasn't good enough either I guess.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Deteriorata posted:

Perhaps the contract had a clause that Idaho got their money regardless, so they aren't interested in rescheduling.

They did, in fact, get their money anyway, so I'm sure this is part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Weren't they pretty ok last year or Bobby Hauk that bad?

They (barely) made a bowl game for the first time in over a decade last season, so there's that.

But... they're still UNLV, Hauck still has a career record of 13-39 with the school, and Arizona just hung 787 yards on them the other week, so.

• Locked thread