Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

We held Clemson to 15 yards of offense in the second half. There are feelings inside me that I haven't felt in quite some time. I hope there isn't a single UGA fan in the country that feels like picking up Pruitt was a dumb move and we should have thrown more money at Grantham to keep him. First half offense was a bit odd, Gurley only had a few touches and we were tossing in our freshmen backs. A few times we had 2 or 3 tailbacks in at the same time which was silly and fun. My thought, retrospectively speaking, was we wanted a fresh Gurley for the second half and that is what we got. Nick Chubb really reminds me of Gurley in how he moves and just plows people. It is beautiful. Our special teams was actually on point last night, in the second half keeping Clemson mostly behind their 20. Punt returns were way better with a majority of them in the 20 or so yard range which beats out the school average last season by a huge margin. Oh also these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Tomorrow I will be a fan of THA U if only to see Grantham's terrible scheming fall apart somewhere other than UGA

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

One million dollars a year

For a million a year I could do the same job just about as well. Hell, shave off half and I'd still do it. I'm a steal, somebody hire me!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

every posted:

Georgia getting hype after winning one game at home. Georgia losing 5 games this year.

You have to admit, we looked better. Even if it goes to be proven that the Clemson Offense isn't great, we made adjustments and shut them out anyway. That was the takeaway from me. Also I like the "keep Gurley fresh tll halftime and run everyone over" tactic because it works

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I'll probably forget this later, so for whatever week is Georgia's next big game the GDT should be "that Gurley gave me a Chubb."

So the 13th when we play and probably get poo poo canned on by an angry South Carolina?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

the rock owns

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The rock for Miamis S&C coach makes perfect sense, but only if they don't test for HGH

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

He did an interview and said that at his age to get as swole as he is that he does take hormone injections. I don't have a problem with it, he is a celeb/actor/wwe dude so whatever. No shame in that game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

Who is that one beautiful person?

Steve Spurrier thank you vote for skullfucking Clemson in the second half

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AP poll had 2 first place votes for UGA. Thanks but I still cant help but wait for the collapse to come at the worst possible time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Auburn

And I'm still banking on Hutson Mason to blow a game when Bobo tries to get cute with playcalling. He's not good.

That'd be my fear. I see maybe a mild struggle against Tennessee, Mizzou, and probably Auburn for sure .

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Man, people are really leaving us for dead after the A&M game. I think Gurley probably destroys us all by himself, but we've played better than expected against Georgia just about every year that Spurrier has been our coach.

I think we make it through you guys, it might not be pretty but we will. Our O line was superb against Clemson who was supposed to have a great run defense. Mason will throw enough to help, but I feel like we might actually do Ok against y'all.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

every posted:

Lol we're gonna lose. Come on, man, have you learned nothing?

Hope is both the most beautiful and most terrible thing on the planet, friend.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

you should like any and every MACtion team instead.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN are you still in jail>

Also Goldy Gopher is pretty much the best mascot I think. I know there are a ton of great gifs pertaining to him.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Les's team is powered by awkward palm clapping

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Hotlanta Man, next time you are in Athens let me know and I'll buy you a beer or something bro. Feel better man.

Also can't wait till Michigan State / Oregon this weekend. poo poo is going to be too good.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

every posted:

If Georgia wins a national championship this year I'll buy a ticket to Athens to get a Georgia tattoo on my rear end at Pain and Wonder :toxx:

Name the time and date and I'll be there

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Aaron Murray was doing his masters or starting his doctorate program while at UGA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

swickles posted:

That's a lot different than professional school though. Being enrolled in a Masters program means the classes are tougher and such, but you can still only take a a few seminar classes. In med school or law school the first year is pretty uniform regardless of student, and its pretty loving hard. I didn't go to law school, but my friends and I think most people here who did will tell you the first year is the toughest/most important.

edit: oh yeah, I forgot the obligatory UGA caliber education joke.

I just meant it more in the it isn't uncommon for 5 year players to end up in grad school is all. Your UGA educational quality joke is noted, however.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

so we have a quick white quarterback, now to make it even because in this post racism society everyone is even by the magic of bootstraps, please post a slow black quarterback.

Also I'm going to miss Murray a whole lot.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Be still my beating heart :swoon:

I think my most anticipated game of this weekend has to be Michigan State / Oregon.

sportsgenius86 posted:

NCAA Week 2 GDT - Swoopes, who is you playin wit? Back that Ash up.

Also this.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Sorry, bro.

Mark Richt is losing control of fake letters, time for a change in leadership.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

MSU this year isn't as good as Stanford last year

Yeah but Oregon vs an actual defense

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jordanis posted:

The offense usually does fine given the quality of the defense. The bigger part of the Stanford formula (and Ohio State when they beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl) is keeping the offense off the field with utterly ridiculous 8-10 minute drives. Either of the last two Stanford games, if the defense had been able to keep Stanford from falling forward for a first down every three plays, Oregon could have won.

Well of course clock management has a lot to do with it, and looking at Stanford / Oregon from last year's score, I didn't realize it was only a 6 point game. I seem to remember Stanford pretty much shutting it down, but I feel like you are right. Oregon scores, Stanford kills a ton of clock and scores.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mahoning posted:

It was 26-0 Stanford in the 4th. It really was an rear end whooping. The Ducks' offense only scored 14 points, Oregon blocked a FG for a TD.

Ok, so I wasn't totally making up that Oregon was getting stuffed at some point.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I wouldn't say that Oregon not hanging 70 on Stanford or MSU or whoever is a sign that the whole program is bad. In fact I love the fact that they play balls out for 60 minutes and never let off the gas.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I just got out a few hours ago actually!

That said you're really making me want to go back for a couple weeks so they'd take my phone and I wouldn't have to read your posts.

Click it, feels good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

It would go better if Komet would just let it go really. Its not like it gets brought up in any other context besides the occasional joke.

Not bringing things up is how Penn State got into this whole mess to begin with.

• Locked thread