Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
LSU continues to be LSU. Play a wildly incompetent three quarters, spot the opponent 17 points, and come back to win in hilariously improbable fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

Oh yeah, and LSU managed to continue their ongoing streak of the worst commercials in higher education. I'm pretty sure this one was shot by a student with a camcorder about 12 hours before the assignment was due.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

What's with the suicide prevention nets up there? Does A&M have a lot of jumpers?

There was a construction worker who died due to an accidental fall, so that's probably it.

Though not to be too much of a downer because it's legitimately sad, within the last year or so there have been two university employee deaths due to falling off buildings. One was definitely suicide and one was probably suicide.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I hate to cite Reddit, but there's an interesting post there arguing that the loser in this game is one of two schools, "College of Faith" and "University of Faith", that are straight-up fake schools which are fronts that exist for the sole purpose of providing a cupcake victory for money. They are unaccredited online schools and there is no evidence that either one has any academics of any kind. http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2fk0z4/oc_are_there_two_fake_schools_operating_on_the/

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Haha, I posted that thread on the bottom of the last page.

It's a great read.

Haha, we even insulted Reddit in almost the same wording. I was pretty surprised it hadn't been posted already, but I guess I just missed the bottom of the page.

The NCAA is a pretty ridiculous organization, but if this story gets any kind of traction I can't see them letting this kind of thing go on. College football may be shady, but this is good old fashioned fraud.

• Locked thread