Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Discuss your ebay experiences here, whether it's getting double charged by the same company or dealing with their retarded support staff or anything

I like how the ebay app is such poo poo you can't even contact your horrible sellers through it to tell them to suck your cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enzeen
Sep 23, 2010
I don't use ebay

jamcadbury
Nov 12, 2004
South Side Mexican
I've never had an issue with eBay

lmao @ the OP

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Their 10% commission is pretty disgusting, but show me any better alternatives for buyers...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Liars is this thread who like getting charged for selling things from ebay and it's baby company, paypal

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've had good luck selling poo poo on amazon. Don't even have to post a picture and they give you a couple bucks for shipping. Pretty nice.

Sold my monitors and other crap through there. Stays up as long as you want. Etc

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
ive been using ebay for yeears and right now they are telling me to give them money to sell things because m account "owes" or some poo poo? idk. gently caress them

pawn shops

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I used it like 7 years ago to sell some things but I haven't used it since then. Those are my experiences. Thanks.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
a cool ebay story i have is when i was a teenager i had a band of people including my mother falsely bidding on all eachothers auctions to inflate the bids and i got banned.

i was like 13 lol

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
paypal is the loving devil you ever try to transfer your sweet sweet paypal bux into your actual bank account
lol
lol
lol
lol

who founded paypal imma merc that fuc

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
eBay was awesome when you could troll the poo poo out of it and people were dumb enough to send a 13 year old items, automatically assuming they'd pay. "I put cash in the post, honest!"

Now they just gently caress you over on charges for selling anything.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I buy lots of stuff on ebay, OP

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
My wife ordered earrings from a South Korean vendor. They mailed cat ears hair band instead.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I've had good luck selling poo poo on amazon.

Do you ever actually look at how they are prolapsing your anus on flat and final value fees? Amazon is great for buying poo poo from 3rd party sellers claiming the product was defective then filing an A-Z claim and getting all of your money back while keeping whatever you bought.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
the trick is to never sell things on ebay and only buy from retailers with an ebay front

i ordered a video game thing, the seller never marked it as shipped, i contacted them and asked what the gently caress, they said what i bought wasn't in stock and refunded me within hours, and in a few days i got what i ordered anyway and was never recharged, after ordering again from a different seller. two for one son.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
the ebay "metaphysical" section still exists i think and gently caress i would "sell" "magic spells"
thats an amazing market

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
i tried selling a lovely guitar by calling it haunted on ebay once and it didnt work doe

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I like to buy stuff like batteries and cabinet hardware on ebay. It's ftw

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
RARE L@@K Vintage Best Gift Limited Edition Wow!

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
once i bought some batteries on ebay and the drat chinese seller sent me a camera bit for a camera i dont own

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
I'm 5'11 ~190 lbs athletic underneath fat, and I have smoked very potent weed several times daily for about the past 3 years.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I've got like 4 unopened packages of Bucky Balls and I can't loving sell them anywhere cause the FBI banned them and you can't sell them legally in the US anymore.

hosed up imho.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
its a good way 2 launder money

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Steampunk iPhone posted:

I'm 5'11 ~190 lbs athletic underneath fat, and I have smoked very potent weed several times daily for about the past 3 years.

same but im way smaller
whats the point

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

ilikedirt posted:

its a good way 2 launder money

yep

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

error1 posted:

Their 13% commission is pretty disgusting, but show me any better alternatives for buyers...

FTFY (they own paypal and paying by anything other than paypal is verbotten)

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Al Harrington posted:

FTFY (they own paypal and paying by anything other than paypal is verbotten)

Depending on the shipping cost of your item it gets into the 17-19% range because the commission is taken off the total amount the customer paid including shipping because chinese dropshipping assholes decided they would be funny and charge way too much for shipping on items to circumvent fees.

Basically what I'm saying here is you're a loving idiot if you ever buy anything greater than 7lbs to sell on ebay and actually offer anything but local pickup. no one uses local pickup

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
oh yea if you aren't offering free shipping enjoy a deep dicking

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
I had really good experiences with ebay, most of my stuff came from Chinese seller and it does take a month to ship but stuff were always solid for the price.

I had items that were wrong, they just shipped the correct one and I got to keep a couple of free shoes and shirts so it wasn't that bad :)

Paypal on the other hand makes me want to kill myself

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

whip posted:

My wife ordered earrings from a South Korean vendor. They mailed cat ears hair band instead.

I think your wife ordered those car ears on purpose. You may want to have a chat with her.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
PayPal owns. Sorry if you're a poor and can't handle it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Just because my panties you bought from the auction weren't soiled enough for you OP doesn't mean you have a right to complain.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
"Guys no no use Venmo instead! It's so much better and doesn't gently caress you like those PayPal fuckers!"

*ignores that Venmo is owned by PayPal*
*can't actually explain why it's better than PayPal*
*still uses it anyways and forces everyone else to use it too despite all normals being fine with PayPal*

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
once i sent ~800 bucks to my bank account from paypal and those naggers took like 150+ of it lol thats hosed

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
wtf is venmoe

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

jarvis cocker posted:

once i sent ~800 bucks to my bank account from paypal and those naggers took like 150+ of it lol thats hosed

pro-tip: it's free to move money between accounts and to other paypal accounts. you're an idiot baby who mashes buttons and can't read. sorry. sorry.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Basically some nerds didn't understand that making a donation account and having it instantly flooded with money from accounts around the world is indistinguishable from a scam and their baby brains still can't deal with it so paypal is the penultimate evil in this hosed up bullshit world

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i thought paypal was free and totally for poor people.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
are you serious

id ask the proper way to do it but im never attempting that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

have I fallen through a time portal to 1999 when ebay mattered

• Locked thread