Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

kill you are self posted:

agreed. anyone else play rainbow 6/rogue spear on 56k? there was no better gamer anticipation moment than the in-game wait while everyone loaded/synced to network or whatever before each round.

I remember playing matches on the symmetrical level with two bunkers facing each other, and everyone would poke their heads up for a second before hiding again and it was like hide and seek with sniper rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

kill you are self posted:

ye it was called bunkers iirc. i can't name a fav map on those games, all the maps were so good. siberia (with the big sphere radar thing), the met (the big mansion or whatever), chateau, various custom maps. man that game owned. I'd seriously be down for playing again but getting it to work on windows 7 and hosting matches is beyond me.

Actually given the latency it was more like battleship than hide and seek.

• Locked thread