Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which browser
firefox
chrome
opera
ie
konqueror
View Results

• Locked thread
ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
SeaMonkey because it is like a poorly maintained Firefox with Thunderbird and a bad html editor and an IRC client haphazardly stapled to it. Just like my good ole Netscape Communicator suite but with way more modern ways to crash... :love::mitt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

can't wait for shaggar to get away from his family so he can post about how wrong u all r
i'm proud of you

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

i use an old camino install from 2007

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

kierrie posted:

doesn't have noscript, you pleb.

lol, enjoy literally no web sites working at all, and the internet being a click to enable hellscape. suits me kneeds etc. cant even look at my balls in my own pants without mashing enable on this website 14 times. gg poo poo fag

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ThaGhettoJew posted:

SeaMonkey because it is like a poorly maintained Firefox with Thunderbird and a bad html editor and an IRC client haphazardly stapled to it. Just like my good ole Netscape Communicator suite but with way more modern ways to crash... :love::mitt:

i use the seamonkey html editor some times b/c it 0wnZ

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
face it fag lords chrome is the super pwnager of the world wide web. its cool if u want to use some fail son other browser bc ur kneeds or snowflake status but hell - dont front.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe posted:

lol, enjoy literally no web sites working at all, and the internet being a click to enable hellscape. suits me kneeds etc. cant even look at my balls in my own pants without mashing enable on this website 14 times. gg poo poo fag

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Smythe posted:

i use the seamonkey html editor some times b/c it 0wnZ

If you don't use Notepad++ you a scrub.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

chrome like every other google product exists purely to generate search queries and that is why the omnibox is and always will be completely terrible

firefox forever

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
Firefox is a lil bulky but I like it on desktop. Mostly chrome on android

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

atomicthumbs posted:

I use Opera 12 because I'm a huge loving idiot and an rear end in a top hat, OP.

same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chrones many processes fucks me off from
a tidiness poin of view but other than that chrome is the best Firefox is a piece of poo poo and opera is a great 2nd line browser and you wanna see how good ie is? go open ie right now and and post a screen shot of the default home page

I'd do it if I was at home but I saw it the other day an I tell u it's a fuckin disgrace

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
omnibar is the mother ducking best

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
firefox on windows, safari on osx, oh and safari on ios

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Opera uses Blink now so they should be the same performance.

IE's developers just like most of Microsoft are so incompetent it is funny. Visit the "MSIE 11 test drive" page they are using to demonstrate Shaggar approved performance. Unfortunately the developers don't understand 2D and 3D performance are orthogonal concepts, on WebKit and Blink 2D is frequently capped at significantly lower speeds than is attainable with the 3D APIs. Often this may be because the 2D API is tied to the monitor performance with RequestAnimationFrame (RAF), and 3D is left non-sync at 100+ FPS. Guess which API Microsoft uses to calculate performance of 3D animation?

There are thankfully drafts for an official performance test API, using Chrome's FPS counter is tedious as hell.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i had to load some terrible bank website in IE and it took over 20 seconds to leave the default IE start page

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it is tyool 2014 and IE is and forever will be a piece of poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
chrome is still 32-bit in 2014 lol

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Linux on the desktop! It's been 64-bit since 2009 allegedly.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

face it fag lords chrome is the super pwnager of the world wide web. its cool if u want to use some fail son other browser bc ur kneeds or snowflake status but hell - dont front.

as bad and fail aids as opera 20+ is it is still a less lovely browser than chrome and can use all of chrome's extensions. there is no reason to use chrome whatsoever

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
if opera is chrome now, how come it's still much worse and renders pages wrong? is this a "feature"?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

chrome is still 32-bit in 2014 lol
it was until like two weeks ago tho its windows only i think

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Chrome on OSX is kind of interesting as it will be the first platform dropping 32-bit support as the significant majority of hardware is all 64-bit. It has only reached beta so far.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MrMoo posted:

Chrome on OSX is kind of interesting as it will be the first platform dropping 32-bit support as the significant majority of hardware is all 64-bit. It has only reached beta so far.
yeah i just looked and noticed i was already on 64 bit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MrMoo posted:

Chrome on OSX is kind of interesting

qfp drat son

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
safari is the best osx browser.
opera12 is the best windows browser.
lynx is the only linux browser

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

firefox, op

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Wild EEPROM posted:

lynx is the only linux browser

w3 or w3m can be quite impressive in an x11 term: it renders images inside the terminal window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MrMoo posted:

w3 or w3m can be quite impressive in an x11 term: it renders images inside the terminal window.

that sounds pretty cool, actually

• Locked thread