Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

a lot of the image file names are formatted like a local ios backup, but that doesn't show whether that was the method used to obtain them or whether an icloud backup restored to a phone was the method used to get them all back.

every set seems to be named differently so it's possible that this was someone else's collection that got itself acquired.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

quote:

This will probably get buried, but I'm pretty sure I figured out the identity of the leaker.

The leaker was posting censored screenshots on 4chan of his desktop folder with the thumbnails. In this one he forgot to block out the labels on his homegroup and his network. His homegroup: Tristan. Other computers on his network: BARTANDJENNA and BH.

So, after a little bit of google searching, I found this site for Southern Digital Media. And check out the names of the team: Jenna, Bart, Bryan Hamade (BH), and TRISTAN, the 15 year old intern. (there's also a guy named andrew and a monkey, both of whom I suppose could be behind the leaks, but my money's on Tristan).

unless it's a false flag :tinfoil:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

microsoft cleverly avoided this sort of issue by making a phone platform that they can't even pay people to use

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
proof that everybody called tristan is an idiot

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

BooLoo posted:

proof that everybody called tristan is an idiot

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

kraftwerk singles posted:

Sounds pretty similar to somethingawful, where there is a thread dedicated solely to this week and where 99.9% of something awful users have posted at least once.

paid good money to post too, so it must be good

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

jony ive aces posted:

unless it's a false flag :tinfoil:

my money's on the monkey

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
not one single cock?

kid's gay, imo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

suffix posted:

not one single cock?

kid's gay, imo

ive seen a female celebrity with an erect penis pushed up close to her eyeball but i dont know the identity of either person in the image

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
In the wake of Reddit admins and mods censoring the Zoe Quinn scandal, the largest release of celebrity nudes in history is happening today, and all the biggest posts are being removed site-wide. Regardless of the ethics of the issue, Reddit admins and mods are clearly censoring it.Discussion (self.technology)
268 points submitted 7 hours ago by poiutrewq to /r/technology214 commentssharesavehidereport

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
entire countries are blocked from information by their governments but goddammit let me see my stolen nudes

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

AlsoD posted:

In the wake of Reddit admins and mods censoring the Zoe Quinn scandal, the largest release of celebrity nudes in history is happening today, and all the biggest posts are being removed site-wide. Regardless of the ethics of the issue, Reddit admins and mods are clearly censoring it.Discussion (self.technology)
268 points submitted 7 hours ago by poiutrewq to /r/technology214 commentssharesavehidereport

if theres one thing that irritates me the most about nerds trying to be reasonable and smart is making stupid statements like that and ending it with 'discuss' or 'discussion' because its a smug as gently caress way of saying 'i know that what im asking is stupid and dumb and horrible but at least IM trying to be mature about it!!!!'

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

BooLoo posted:

entire countries are blocked from information by their governments but goddammit let me see my stolen nudes

"how dare you release private information and pictures about a dude who runs pedo subreddits! now let me see these illegally obtained and leaked private photos"

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
that's funny except i bet a few of these nudes were synced to the :yaycloud: and deleted locally from the phone the next day but not from icloud or dropbox or whatever

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
he'd probably feel less smug if there was a picture of him jerking off with kermit the frog or something leaked, but smug is his thing so whatever.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

its not funny hes a loving prick

its literally the argument the surveillance community uses to argue why its ok to drag net private data

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
(fwiw i didn't actually think it was funny)

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

its not funny hes a loving prick

its literally the argument the surveillance community uses to argue why its ok to drag net private data

I know, right? Its almost as if he wasn't trying to provide serious commentary on surveillance issues!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lmao someone's going to jail

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
was it tristan

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

we're not allowed to post other peoples private nude pictures online?! CENSORSHIP!

oh reddit, never change.

or change immediately. yeah. that's better really.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonad posted:

was it tristan

has tristan deleted their social media profiles

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

we're not allowed to post other peoples private nude pictures online?! CENSORSHIP!

oh reddit, never change.

or change immediately. yeah. that's better really.

no, even better

"We're not allowed to post pics is censorship, but revealing who actually posted the photos is good governance"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

lmao someone's going to jail

if it's the 15 year old probably not actually lol

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i never let anyone take any saucy pics of me, let alone store them anywhere online, and im not even that famous

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i always wear a balaclava

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

do you need a special one for your many eyes

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

:stare: That's a lot of accounts

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
some of them look like snapchats, unless people screenshot they own snapchats and then save them to their icloud camera roll those didnt come from an apple hack at all.

saving snapchat screenshots kinda defeats the whole point imo

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i can't think of anything i'd want less than naked photos of myself

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I just wanna go ahead and say I'll never be president.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

BooLoo posted:

i can't think of anything i'd want less than naked photos of myself

that's easy, naked photos of the rest of yospos

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Cold on a Cob posted:

that's easy, naked photos of the rest of yospos

the horror, the horror.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

its bee cocks all the way down

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-patches-find-my-iphone-exploit-7000033171/

quote:

Apple patches 'Find My iPhone' exploit

Summary: Apple has patched an exploit with its Find My iPhone online service that may have been used by hackers to gain access to personal photos stored on iCloud accounts belonging to some 100 celebrities.

Apple has patched an exploit with its Find My iPhone online service that may have been leveraged by hackers
to get access to the recent wave of leaked celebrity photos.
Over the past 12 hours the web has been awash with private (and some very personal) photos belonging to
celebrities, with Anonymous 4chan users claiming to have grabbed images from some 100 compromised
celebrity iCloud accounts, which allegedly include Jennifer Lawrence, Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice, Kate
Upton, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Kirsten Dunst and Selena Gomez.
Coincidentally, a day before the photo leak, code for an AppleID
password bruteforce proof-of-concept
(https://twitter.com/hackappcom/status/505743531789406208) was uploaded
to the code-hosting site GitHub.
The code exploited a vulnerability with the Find My iPhone sign in page
that allowed hackers to flood the site with passwords attempts without
being locked out. By employing bruteforcing techniques, hackers could
use this to guess the password used to protect the account.
Hackers using this tool would need to know the username for the
account in order to attack it, but an email address is hardly a secret
given that any time it is used it is made public.
Apple has now patched the exploit, and attempts to gain bruteforce
access to accounts are met with a lockout.
Whether the two incidences are linked is at present unknown, but the
timing of the release of the code and the hack certainly suggests a link. If there is a link, then this will be a
pretty high profile black eye for Apple, doubly-so given the proximity to the official unveiling of the iPhone 6.
Also, while personal photographs seem to be at the heart of this leak, hacked iCloud accounts could be a
treasure trove of other information, ranging from emails and contacts to calendar schedules.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

newreply.php posted:

some of them look like snapchats, unless people screenshot they own snapchats and then save them to their icloud camera roll those didnt come from an apple hack at all.

saving snapchat screenshots kinda defeats the whole point imo
like the latest screenshot (of a gawker comment lol) in the grey forum thread notes its obv. a group of unrelated collections

fwiw this pastebin answers all the questions except how the dumps were obtained in the first place and the gawker article sort of points the direction for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol no timeout/lockdown on a login page

• Locked thread