Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Mister Fister posted:

The code exploited a vulnerability with the Find My iPhone sign in page
that allowed hackers to flood the site with passwords attempts without
being locked out. By employing bruteforcing techniques, hackers could
use this to guess the password used to protect the account.

this is pretty shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

LastInLine posted:

like the latest screenshot (of a gawker comment lol) in the grey forum thread notes its obv. a group of unrelated collections

fwiw this pastebin answers all the questions except how the dumps were obtained in the first place and the gawker article sort of points the direction for that

:suspense: that pastebin

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

lol ricky jealous cuz he knows no one would want his nudes anyways. except to laugh at

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

RZA Encryption posted:

I know, right? Its almost as if he wasn't trying to provide serious commentary on surveillance issues!

i doubt he's that clever tbh.

this is a guy who threw a tantrum when some people told him it wasn't 1975 any more and maybe it wasn't ok to use slurs mocking disabled people

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

I know, right? Its almost as if he wasn't trying to provide serious commentary on surveillance issues!

oh i missed this

my point was that even if it was a joke its not funny because some people actually argue that

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

LastInLine posted:

like the latest screenshot (of a gawker comment lol) in the grey forum thread notes its obv. a group of unrelated collections

fwiw this pastebin answers all the questions except how the dumps were obtained in the first place and the gawker article sort of points the direction for that

just because there are lots of old photos doesnt mean they had access to the account for a long time they couldve just had access to the cloud account and nabbed them all

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

just because there are lots of old photos doesnt mean they had access to the account for a long time they couldve just had access to the cloud account and nabbed them all

yeah exactly

and correct me if i'm wrong but you can delete poo poo locally and still have it in icloud right?

:yaycloud:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah exactly

and correct me if i'm wrong but you can delete poo poo locally and still have it in icloud right?

:yaycloud:

yup

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ill admit to not understanding why anyone does it like i dont know what purpose having naked pictures of myself is supposed to serve

i dont know what having not naked pictures of myself is supposed to do either tbqh

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

LastInLine posted:

ill admit to not understanding why anyone does it like i dont know what purpose having naked pictures of myself is supposed to serve

i dont know what having not naked pictures of myself is supposed to do either tbqh

to feel sexy

i can understand why most goons wouldn't get this though :shobon:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

okay

i dont know that anyone disagrees with you but im glad we have that in writing now

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

LastInLine posted:

okay

i dont know that anyone disagrees with you but im glad we have that in writing now

it was w/r/t the last point in the image i quoted

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

to feel sexy

i can understand why most goons wouldn't get this though :shobon:
youd think goons would understand being alone in their bathroom with a telephone which describes the lions share of these photos

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

theyre taking the picture to send to someone jfc its not hard to understand even if you personally wouldnt do it

proably an s/o that they havent seen for a while because one or both of them is/are working away for a while

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

it was w/r/t the last point in the image i quoted
still hes pointing out something that is unique to the lawrence pics which are theyre the only group taken over a long period by different people although yeah hes wrong about needing long term access (and even admits as much but he neglects the cloud aspect)

i only posted it b/c of items 1 & 3 where he mentions that these are obviously from varied sources ofc we knew that with the dropbox instruction pdf being in the upton dump

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

at last, another use for my hard-earned bitcoin

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol no timeout/lockdown on a login page

It's pretty amazing. Apple has more than $150 billion cash on hand and they can't afford to do a security audit. Crenmob is going to kill himself after this :laugh:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

hobbesmaster posted:

theres a reddit dedicated solely to this leak
you forgot to mention it's got eighty three thousand subscribers

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

jony ive aces posted:

unless it's a false flag :tinfoil:
welp his life is ruined. the last guy to do this kind of thing (the "hollywood hacker") ate ten years

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

coffeetable posted:

you forgot to mention it's got eighty three thousand subscribers

its p loving disgusting

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

its p loving disgusting
what you mean you dont get off on the public shame of young women

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 1, 2014

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
lol

quote:

In a statement to BuzzFeed, Hamade claimed that he's the target of abuse from people investigating the iCloud hack, "It’s been a nightmare and I haven’t slept in 34 hours, now. 4chan users are harassing me with non-stop phone calls and emails. They email me constantly, emailing saying they’ll hack my personal websites and keep calling my phone, calling me a fag and then hanging up. They also said they’ll hack my mom’s site, so I took it down."

“I regret it so much,” he went on to tell BuzzFeed. “I didn’t even get any bitcoin out of it. It’s the stupidest thing I’ve done and I hope it won’t ruin my life, though it probably will since it’s just the biggest news story.”

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol he admitted it on the record he is so hosed now

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

loving lmao way to go confessing to it and also trying to get bitcoin for it

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

best bit

quote:

Hamade, speaking on the phone as he was driving around trying to find an open law office so he could hire a lawyer, told BuzzFeed he

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

hahahah what an idiot

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
“I didn’t even get any bitcoin out of it."

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
ok guys no you see he didn't do the original leak he faked being a leaker to get some bitcoins but see he's going to find the real leaker to clear his name so just be patient and don't hack his mom's website ok????

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i didnt even get any bitcoin out of it

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i.

didnt.

even.

get.

ANY.

BITCOIN.

OUTOFIT

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
ahahshaahahahahahahahaahhahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
ahahhaahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhaa
aahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahaahhhahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Mister Fister posted:

Crenmob is going to kill himself after this :laugh:
not if marissa's nudes get hacked, then he'll just become a hundred times creepier

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Jonad posted:

“I didn’t even get any bitcoin out of it."

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Jonad posted:

i.

didnt.

even.

get.

ANY.

BITCOIN.

OUTOFIT

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Cold on a Cob posted:

oh my goooOOOOOOODDDDDD :cripes:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

he's gonna turn up at the lawyer's office and the first question's gonna be "have you said anything to anyone?"

"you mean apart from buzzfeed?"

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
rest in piss you stupid motherfucker

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Mister Fister posted:

It's pretty amazing. Apple has more than $150 billion cash on hand and they can't afford to do a security audit. Crenmob is going to kill himself after this :laugh:

theres no evidence thats related to the leaks bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

if the guy didnt do it hed better hope "the real leaker" posts the dump they promised at 1300 eastern

but lol no he did it

• Locked thread