Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hi im an officer of the internet department of the police. im going to need to see these alleged pictures so i can submit them as evidence. thanks and please make sure to post the whole series. god bless america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pseudorandom name posted:

that step is "getting access to one celebrity's address book"

idk not being a celebrity myself but I'd be surprised if they were big email users. imessage doesn't disclose the associated email address when you only have the phone number. and the people handling these devices on behalf of the victims should be taking care of the icloud account email being nothing with their name in, not used anywhere else etc if they are doing their jobs right.

id be interested to read about how it was all a big trip through icloud, collecting email addresses and moving to the next target, but there's probably a boring explanation about a guy selling a stash built up over time and collected from people trusted by the victims or their friends and the icloud ramblings being thrown in as a distraction.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

LastInLine posted:

nm its the yvonne strahovski one altho idk how they know its her as none of hers have a face in them

hi the police here the issue has just gone code red we need thos pics immediately

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Hamade a big mistake

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

PleasureKevin posted:

Hamade a big mistake

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
group of hackers reveals shocking secret:

a leak of hundreds of hacked images has revealed that beneath their clothing, celebrities have nude human bodies

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

poty posted:

hi im an officer of the internet department of the police. im going to need to see these alleged pictures so i can submit them as evidence. thanks and please make sure to post the whole series. god bless america

poty posted:

hi the police here the issue has just gone code red we need thos pics immediately
get out

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
young celebrities with hot bodies tend to enjoy their hot young bodies :siren: take pictures of them :siren:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Necc0 posted:

young celebrities with hot bodies tend to enjoy their hot young bodies
always a good read

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/story/_/id/8133052/athletes-spill-details-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can't wait for a fresh batch of celeb nudes tonight for me to stare at mmm

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

latest leaks include peter capaldi, danny devito, joan rivers in hospital

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Necc0 posted:

young celebrities with hot bodies tend to enjoy their hot young bodies :siren: take pictures of them :siren:

i wish I could enjoy my hot young body :smith:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

literally 4chan now

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

angry_keebler posted:

group of hackers reveals shocking secret:

a leak of hundreds of hacked images has revealed that beneath their clothing, celebrities have nude human bodies

and hell, lots of people seem to be enjoying them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

wolffenstein posted:

remember when some guy got all of Paris Hilton's Sidekick phone data (lol sidekick) because her password was her dog's name.

better was the palin email "hack" because the answer to her security question was "wasilla high school"

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
God these pictures are hella hot and amazing, here's hoping some more are leaked.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I'm out! I'm out of cum! My balls are empty! Thanks 4Chan!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theflyingexecutive posted:

better was the palin email "hack" because the answer to her security question was "wasilla high school"

that 15 minute lockout period was easily my favorite moment lf moment. just watching as the word spread like wildfire across the internet and laughing

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Give me moar celeb nudes !

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

somebody do the math on how long it would take to bruteforce a password

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4232?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
if it was because of no lockout on attempted logins then how the hell did it take this long to happen so spectacularly?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've printed out all the nudes and I'm jerking, but since i'm out of Cum it's blood that's coming out - and it's even sexier.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Smythe posted:

I've printed out all the nudes and I'm jerking, but since i'm out of Cum it's blood that's coming out - and it's even sexier.

I'm sorry but this is erotic as hell

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

he's right to be honest.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
has there been confirmation if the victoria justice pic where she's spreading her legs and showing off her shaved p*ssy is real? i'll feel really dumb if it's just some random girl, my dick is sore from all the jacking off i've done over that pic lool

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

cremnob posted:

somebody do the math on how long it would take to bruteforce a password

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4232?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

assuming you were able to attempt 5 logins per second into the find my iphone page, an 8 character password made up of only uppercase, lowercase, and numbers:

quote:

To brute force the entire keyspace it will take about
1 million years

More specifically
1406470 years 238 days 11 hours 26 minutes and 38 seconds
(221919451578090 password combinations)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ponce de Le0n posted:

he's right to be honest.

"if you don't want nice poo poo to be stolen from your house when you get burgled, then don't own nice poo poo!!!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Necc0 posted:

my favorite moment lf moment.

lf in all of 08 was amazing http://thisfuckingelection.com

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

assuming you were able to attempt 5 logins per second into the find my iphone page, an 8 character password made up of only uppercase, lowercase, and numbers:

is 5 a low or high amount

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i just want to laugh at apple and poor old no bitcons mcgee please stop creeping me out.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

cremnob posted:

is 5 a low or high amount

even if you could do 500,000 a second it would take 14 years, adding one extra character takes that to over 870 years.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
is it unethical to be enjoying these pictures? if it's wrong, i sure don't want to be right haha. drat I'm loving the Kristen Ritter shots. Here's hoping for more Apple security gently caress ups.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

BooLoo posted:

if it was because of no lockout on attempted logins then how the hell did it take this long to happen so spectacularly?

because someone posted the code to automate it to github Friday night

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Machinegunboyo posted:

is it unethical to be enjoying these pictures? if it's wrong, i sure don't want to be right haha. drat I'm loving the Kristen Ritter shots. Here's hoping for more Apple security gently caress ups.

:mad:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Thanks Ants posted:

"if you don't want nice poo poo to be stolen from your house when you get burgled, then don't own nice poo poo!!!"

I love seeing the nice poo poo these sexy celebs normally keep hidden away, selfishly

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

unsourced quotes lol

I can do that too

August 30th

"i hope people with questionable content think twice about putting it on "the cloud" "

Sept 1st

"welp i told them, but im enjoying these booty pics"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the backpedalling involved by whoever writes the infosec taylor swift account when it became obvious it wasn't an icloud issue went as far as shilling for office 365. it was pretty weird.

but not as weird as newspapers citing an anonymous parody twitter account as a source.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 1, 2014

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Does anyone have the link with info on how to send 4chan donations? I'm not going to give them any of my money lol I just hope they're being well remunerated for this work. Anyone know why 4chan and other sites are always one step ahead on these leaks but SA with all its tech forums never has someone be first on these situations? Sigh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

pretty sure people mean "dictionary attack" when they say "brute force" these days

• Locked thread