Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

Thanks Ants posted:

even if you could do 500,000 a second it would take 14 years, adding one extra character takes that to over 870 years.

how long would it take if you assumed all passwords were combinations of words from the words with friends dictionary entirely in lowercase like that idiot xkcd comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Does anyone have the link with info on how to send 4chan donations? I'm not going to give them any of my money lol I just hope they're being well remunerated for this work. Anyone know why 4chan and other sites are always one step ahead on these leaks but SA with all its tech forums never has someone be first on these situations? Sigh...

hormones typically make you more sluggish op

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 1, 2014

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how's it obviously not iCloud?

obviously don't want it to be iCloud but what are the facts.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

tractor fanatic posted:

pretty sure people mean "dictionary attack" when they say "brute force" these days

yeah and Donthackmyphone1 would satisfy those requirements. but if you are the sort of person who people would devote large amounts of time to attempting to see your tits then come on, be a bit more creative.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Thanks Ants posted:

even if you could do 500,000 a second it would take 14 years, adding one extra character takes that to over 870 years.

this is what botnets are for dumdum

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the password thing says can't be a common password

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
why would anyone type out passwords instead of having uuid-style autogenerated ones?

my only "regular" password is my gmail one but thats 2-factor because it makes me feel like im in a hacker movie

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
since some of the videos are tagged with location data kate upton can know exactly where and when she was cheated on lol

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Beeftweeter posted:

since some of the videos are tagged with location data kate upton can know exactly where and when she was cheated on lol

I doubt she even knows how to change her web browser tbh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I doubt she even knows how to change her web browser tbh

don't be silly, she has an assistant to figure everything out

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if you look at these illegal nudes you should be arrested and killed

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Beeftweeter posted:

http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-hacked-photos-a-partial-timel-1629246666

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

BONGHITZ posted:

i am currently in a whack-rear end crystal prison

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

quote:

Goochland, Va.

lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

newreply.php posted:

why would anyone type out passwords instead of having uuid-style autogenerated ones?

my only "regular" password is my gmail one but thats 2-factor because it makes me feel like im in a hacker movie

because ios won't let you do that ofc and basically no apps support password utilities

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

“We take user privacy very seriously and are actively investigating this report,” said Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris.

:emo:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

the internet is also very actively investigating the incident :mrgw: (gently caress this planet)

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

BONGHITZ posted:

this, but unironically

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I don't know about killed, maybe just stripped, photographed and uploaded

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

mods rename me to jennifer lawrence support dick

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i hope these powerful celebs form a lobbying group to get french-style privacy laws

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pseudorandom name posted:

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

i think jennifer lawerence has been through enough without having to look at that.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

u/n quote combo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

i think jennifer lawerence has been through enough without having to look at that.

oh, god, no, we wouldn't make her look at any of them, what kind of monster are you for even considering such an idea?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
:laffo: :laffo:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

nice

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pizza smiling pile of poo

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

LastInLine posted:

like the latest screenshot (of a gawker comment lol) in the grey forum thread notes its obv. a group of unrelated collections

fwiw this pastebin answers all the questions except how the dumps were obtained in the first place and the gawker article sort of points the direction for that

lorf

What about his LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryan-hamade/35/1a6/958. Wow he does an awful lot of SERVER Admin management. I don't even know what the gently caress "CentOS server administration" or "Nginix configuration, administration, and deployment" is but man that sounds more loving convincing than a 15 year old kid named Tristan who is an INTERN web developer.
Keep in mind the current idea is also the hacks were done through iCloud! A loving cloud SERVER!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

his sister works in dennys, as a loving SERVER. this is more than coincidence guys.

i think theyre probably right about the guy who leaked them all, some nerd who wanted internet fame. im not sure we will ever find out how they were obtained and who by, it could be a combination of any lovely photo backup service or social network that auto-syncs images combined with a lack of ssl and purposely compromised wifi.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 1, 2014

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

his sister works in dennys, as a loving SERVER. this is more than coincidence guys.

its servers all the way down with this family

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

i think dunst has done a topless scene before and nothing worse has come out for her so yeah she's gotta be p much lollin right now

that's good cause she seems cool Spider-Man movies aside

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yah that's why she did a funny tweet instead of a mary elizabeth winstead righteous anger one

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

also the movie was melancholia if you're curious, she was up for best actress at Cannes for that role

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

who told (victoria justice? idk) to deny it was her, did they think 4chan would just go 'oh ok'? thats some pretty terrible advice to give. if she wasn't consulting with anyone else then i guess lesson learned, the internet is loving horrible.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

who told (victoria justice? idk) to deny it was her, did they think 4chan would just go 'oh ok'? thats some pretty terrible advice to give. if she wasn't consulting with anyone else then i guess lesson learned, the internet is loving horrible.

barbara streisand

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

i think theyre probably right about the guy who leaked them all, some nerd who wanted internet fame. im not sure we will ever find out how they were obtained and who by, it could be a combination of any lovely photo backup service or social network that auto-syncs images combined with a lack of ssl and purposely compromised wifi.

its bought from various sources and the icloud name is used to generate more attention than the whole story would

imo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

newreply.php posted:

its bought from various sources and the icloud name is used to generate more attention than the whole story would

imo

maybe the bitcoin dude made up the icloud part

i feel bad for most of the people involved with this except that guy, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

if chatroulette taught us anything its that internet people hate it when strangers see them naked

• Locked thread