Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Oh, for sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

It's me, I'm the guy who misses reading one word then asks a dumb question :sweatdrop:

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

I'll pick ammunition clips for my first tinker. If anyone wants a piece, hit me up :csgo:

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey guys! A quick update for people:

I was really, really bored with Warlock. So I was in the process of changing up my build. F.R.E.D. will be mechanically different.

Then an unbelievable amount of bad IRL issues occured simultaneously.

So! We're managing! The class swap is happening, but this is very much on the fly, so F.R.E.D. may spontaneously like suddenly wield a different weapon at some point.

Everything's fine! But I don't have time to fiddle with builds, so Lightwarden threw a build at me with some guidelines and we're going from there. We're doin' it live!

I'll let you guys know Build Facts as they progress. But IRL I will be fine, I just have to get on the ball with this.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Well, at the very least I'm glad real life has calmed down!

I'm down for whatever changes, though I'm curious if you'll stick with striker or defender or still both! If you wanna talk shop you can probably use this spot or the 4e thread, naturally

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Anyone got anything from a Perception, Insight or Streetwise check to figure out if we're walking into an ambush and/or if there's another way around?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Seriously though if MacBannon is about to be ghost murdered, I'm hoping that someone let's us bum a leaf for the guy because I completely forgot about the possibility of ghosts.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
I believe Bran's the only smoker in the party.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Zombie goasts, leave this place!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So you're agreed to stick with the carriage and the assigned route?

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Looks like it. Otherwise we'd have to grab a different carriage from someone or go on foot.

Thinking about it, the route may have been compromised by whatever agent they have in the RHC.

Anyone got a Streetwise check to see if we know of any other options?

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Seems like our best bet. We always have the choice to bail later, but it'd be best to keep the mayor safe inside unless our hand is forced.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
It'll be fiiiiine.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
This is the final days of my grad school program and I'm basically underwater. I'm turning over Sharhesh to an NPC until I get back out, which will happen, but it's going to be a bit.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Like we're all going. No one is going to be like "I attack our boss."

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON

AND NOW I DON'T HAVE A BADGE

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Does this mean we don't get our requisition?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh, Cirno, speaking of political assassination. If we're about to hit a time skip, my current plan is to go to about every frontliner in the various police forces and constabulary forces, give them a brief understanding of what we went through and what we accomplished, and how that conversation went. Just see if I can get everyone just a little uncomfortable.

And if we get a larger timeskip, I'm going to talk to all the dockers about what the poor factory conditions were actually hiding, how it took us all of three days to stop that AND the arsons (which were to be blamed on them), and then explain that we were fired by Saxby.

I mean, I'm thinking about it, considering not doing it. But, like, "Saxby slept while workers burned" might be a good poster on the wall. Maybe something catchy about workers being harvested for fuel. See if we can have her thrown to the wolves to prevent a revolution.

Thinking of showing her longterm consequences of acting without thinking first.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
To be honest Cha would probably not support that. This ain't her first rodeo (it is, in fact, her second), but she didn't go all heretical just to spite the Clergy leaders.

As far as she's concerned, she continues acting like a cop and member of the RHC. Just, you know. Without the officialness behind it.

It's time we go vigilante.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh, don't worry about it. I'm sure nothing bad will come of it.

But yes, obviously there will be vigilantism. I've got a dying wish to look into.

Edit: To kinda continue on this point: The arsons and factory conditions were a known issue. Had they been looked into, things like the goop of spiritual death and all this may have been discovered a long, long time ago. Which means we wouldn't've had to handle it in like 3 game-days. Which means, more than likely, we'd have a better hold on the evidence. Like, for example, the demiplane would not have been collapsing a month ago. So, there have been just a tremendous amount of deaths, which could have been prevented, had the leadership stepped up and risked political backlash by investigating factory conditions. And, right now, Saxby's the highest person I've seen who could have made that call.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 18, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LightWarden posted:

Does this mean we don't get our requisition?

Sorry, not quite yet.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Agggh, that's the second attempt in a row where I got sniped on making a post. I should probably type faster.

Screw it, Lebrix is getting noodles.

e: and if Flint doesn't have street noodles then it's a bullshit town not worth saving.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh, no dude, get Lebrix some noodles. Like I gotta run around a bit, I'll feed him later.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GaleXFRED???

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If you are referring to sexuality, F.R.E.D. is fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques.

Edit: He also won't shut up for the record jesus christ

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 19, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Edit: He also won't shut up for the record jesus christ

It's all good.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Na, ever since my hands have gotten progressively screwier, I just get so many typos man. 'Bout this close to hiring a professional editor.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do Bran or Sharhesh have anything to say to Saxby or Delft, or anything else they want to do?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me Sunday night, it's that time of year. I know I've been posting etc. but basically all my creative energy is being directed towards school right now.

Also I really shouldn't be posting and should really be more devoted of a student

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it would be better for Harkover Lee to just say "sup" but that's a bit out of character for him

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Alright, finally we're coming out of the Grad School Hell Coma.

I'll have something drafted and up later tonight. I do have a few ideas.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Takara could use some assistance looking into Nathan Jierre. At the very least someone with social skills (to get to Nathan) and someone trained in Arcana (to make sense of whatever he can tell us).

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, I have the Arcana. But if you encroach on my Lebrix buddy time, I'm going to have to fight you in real life.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Just a heads up, I'll try to post today or tomorrow, but I'm going to be out of town this weekend and likely my posts will be more sparse then usual.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Takara - the aforementioned warning regarding my posting still applies but I can suddenly shift temporal gears and be with you all along instead. I have Arcana, and can...uh, once, have a good social skill, and only once. You're probably better off with Haldain though! But then Cha is with Haldain, so there you go.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

So, yeah, about that post. That was before my professor was like "Yeah, if you want to turn in that big final project even though we're past the due date, I'll totally take it."

SO, there goes that weekend. This is the FINAL project, though, so after this my schedule should finally free up for a while.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anything else for Lebrix, or any other NPCs around HQ?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For Lebrix, we're just chatting.

At the risk of turning this into the Gharbad Variety Hour, is Bozley in this location? If so, I could say a thing or two to him, since Cha can do Arcana duties for Takara and everything.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I think we're probably good for the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I ended up being way more exhausted over the week then I thought! I am home and posting will commence. I'll even have Cha go off and do her own thing!

• Locked thread