Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Is there a way to (assuming Nine gets the furnace open) go in, grab the rod, and leave, using only a standard and move action? Otherwise, I'm planning on going in, minor action kicking it, then an if/then

if (rod is out)
{
standardAction GetOutOfFurnace();
}
else if (rod is caught by an enemy)
{
chaaaarge();
}
else if (rod is not kicked out)
{
standardAction PickUpRod();
SetNextRoundTo(burning);
}
else
{post twice}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bad command or file name

Do you need your minor action for something? You could just move in once the door's off, pick the rod up, and move again to get out.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Awesome, sounds like a plan.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Don't forget, you can also try to bash the door open with attacks. It has 30 HP.

e: I never gave it defenses, did I. :saddowns:

AC 14, Fortitude 13, Reflex 10, immune to Will. Any miss will do half damage.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 28, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Uh, potatocubed, you sure you don't want to instead delay your turn so my aura auto-kills the imps, setting you free instantly giving you a full round to do whatever?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

He's already taken his turn.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does anybody know if ProfessorCirno is all right?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I don't know him. Doesn't he hang out on synirc #redhandofdoom though?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

He's not there right now. He hasn't posted in a few days, and it's been about eighteen hours since potatocubed's post, so I'm going ahead and taking Cha Ravah's turn for him. You'll be up next, Gharbad.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Uh, potatocubed, you sure you don't want to instead delay your turn so my aura auto-kills the imps, setting you free instantly giving you a full round to do whatever?

I didn't even think of that. :negative:

I should probably avoid posting when I'm dog tired right before bed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

For what it's worth, F.R.E.D. would only have auto-killed one imp. He couldn't get into the space he wanted because the Saboteur was there on F.R.E.D.'s last turn, and he never replied when I told him about it :argh:

They're gone now, though.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 28, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I was at Disneyland for a friend's birthday :[

Sorry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Your father and I were worried sick young man

Sorry for jumping the gun. I'm glad you're not dead. I hope I didn't mess things up too badly. Did you want to rewind and do something different before F.R.E.D. goes?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
It's fine, and honestly, I'm still just too exhausted to really post.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Can you show me an example of a configuration? Just any one will do, I'm just a little confused. If there's 12 marks, then the psionic energy could be routed to both Aleph In and Output 4, right? Unless you meant Alpeh In (and any output BUT 4) or Output 4 (and any input BUT aleph)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The solution will use each possible pair of Energy+Input, Energy+Output, and Input+Output only once. For example, if you learned that Divine Energy had to go through Output 4, you would check off the space in the upper-left grid where Divine and 4 intersect, and cross out the spaces for Arcane+4, Primal+4, Psionic+4, Divine+1, Divine+2, and Divine+3.

Psionic Energy will match with either Aleph Input, or Output 4, but not both. Until you figure out which input or output matches with Psionic, or which energy matches with Aleph or 4, that doesn't actually tell you much. But it will eventually.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The five clues:
  • 1) F.R.E.D. does some probing of the magical field, and learns that for your purposes Psionic Energy must be either channeled in through the Aleph Input, or routed out through Output #4.
  • 2) For best results, Primal Energy must be routed through an output that immediately follows the output for energy being channeled through the Aleph Input.
  • 3) He finds a pattern in the nature mana's chaos, and determines that Primal Energy must be routed through an output that precedes the output for the energy being channeled through the Gimel Input.
  • 4) For your purposes, the energy being channeled in through the Beth Input must be routed out through the output that immediately precedes the output you must use for Psionic Energy.
  • 5) ???
The deductions:
  • A) Primal's output immediately follows another, so it can't be using output 1. (2)
  • B) Primal's output depends on the where the energy from Aleph input goes out; Primal can't be using Aleph input itself. (2)
  • C) Primal's output precedes another, so it can't be using output 4. (3)
  • D) Primal's output depends on the energy put in on Gimel; Primal can't be using Gimel for itself. (3)
  • E) The energy from Beth input is output on the one immediately preceding Psionic's output; Beth can't use output 4. (4)
  • F) This also means Psionic can't use output 1. (4)
  • G) Since Aleph's output is followed by Primal's and Gimel's, it can't be on output 3 either. (2,3)
  • H) Since Gimel's output is preceded by Primal's and Aleph's, it can't be on output 2 either. (2,3)

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 29, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Psionic output 1 isn't blacked out.

Otherwise, that's better than what I drew up.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
What I've got:

Green means Maybe, Red means No, Blue means Yes

First, whats known.
1) Psionic is either 4 or Aleph
2) Primal is IMMEDIATELY after Aleph
3) Primal somewhere before Gimel
4) Beth is IMMEDIATELLY before Psionic

Now what we gather from that.

A) Aleph cannot be 4, as Primal must come after.
B) Primal cannot be 1, as it comes after Aleph
C) Gimel cannot be 1, as Primal comes before Gimel
D) Primal cannot be 4, as again, it must come before Gimel
E) Primal cannot be Aleph of Gimel, so it must be either Beth or Dalet
F) Beth cannot be Psionic, as it comes before Psionic
G) Beth likewise cannot be 4, as it must come before Psionic
H) Aleph cannot be 3; Primal is either 2 or 3, and Aleph is IMMEDIATELY before Primal, so Aleph must be 1 or 2
I) Gimel has both Primal and Aleph behind it, and Aleph is either 1 or 2, and thus Gimel must be 3 or 4.

Now let's try to lines of thought. FIRST: PSIONIC IS 4.

1) Psionic is 4
2) Psionic is NOT Aleph
3) Beth must be 3

Sadly, this doesn't end up revealing a whole lot. NEXT: PSIONIC IS ALEPH.

1) Psionic is Aleph
2) Psionic is NOT 4
3) Psionic/Alpha is before Primal and thus cannot be 3
4) Beth is before Psionic, and thus Psionic/Aleph must be 2, and Beth must be 1
5) Primal must be 3
6) Gimel must be 4
7) Dalet must be 3/Primal
8) This just leaves Arcane or Divine.

PREDICTION: Last clue will give us a hint as to either Arcane or Divine's location, Psionic is Aleph.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Who called it :c00l:

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

e: nvm, Cirno got there while I was busy uploading to imgur :v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The five clues:
  • 1) F.R.E.D. does some probing of the magical field, and learns that for your purposes Psionic Energy must be either channeled in through the Aleph Input, or routed out through Output #4.
  • 2) For best results, Primal Energy must be routed through an output that immediately follows the output for energy being channeled through the Aleph Input.
  • 3) He finds a pattern in the nature mana's chaos, and determines that Primal Energy must be routed through an output that precedes the output for the energy being channeled through the Gimel Input.
  • 4) For your purposes, the energy being channeled in through the Beth Input must be routed out through the output that immediately precedes the output you must use for Psionic Energy.
  • 5) Divine Energy must be routed through Output #4.
The deductions:
  • A) Primal's output immediately follows another, so it can't be using output 1. (2)
  • B) Primal's output depends on the where the energy from Aleph input goes out; Primal can't be using Aleph input itself. (2)
  • C) Primal's output precedes another, so it can't be using output 4. (3)
  • D) Primal's output depends on the energy put in on Gimel; Primal can't be using Gimel for itself. (3)
  • E) The energy from Beth input is output on the one immediately preceding Psionic's output; Beth can't use output 4. (4)
  • F) This also means Psionic can't use output 1. (4)
  • G) Since Aleph's output is followed by Primal's and Gimel's, it can't be on output 3 either. (2,3)
  • H) Since Gimel's output is preceded by Primal's and Aleph's, it can't be on output 2 either. (2,3)
  • I) If Divine uses ouput 4, Psionic uses input Aleph (1,5)
  • J) Since all other power sources have been excluded from using it, Arcane must use ouput 1 (5,A,F)
  • K) Psionic uses Alpeh input, so Primal uses the output following Psionic's output. Since only two are remaining, Psionic uses 2, Primal uses 3. (1,2,5,B,I)
  • L) Primal's output precedes that of the power using Gimel input, so Divine is using Gimel. (3)
  • M) The power on Beth input uses the output preceding Psionic's. That's Arcane! (4)
  • N) This leaves only Dalet input for Primal.
  • O) Everything falls into place.

Please double check this, since I'm not entirely sober right now.

e:f,b

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 29, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I just noticed a couple of things:

--frankenfreak, you need to add Cryss's Skirmishing Leader benefit to your combat block.
--potatocubed, Unit 9 still has Weapon Expertise(Axe). Change that out when you get a chance.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 30, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

potatocubed:
How many of Aramil's living machines did Elfaivar produce? Was Unit 9 present at the manifestation or death of the goddess Srasama? Did Aramil survive the war, and does he still live? Are there any gaps in Unit 9's memory? Does the Soames family ever try to claim he is still their property?

Lord of Bore:
What was Bran's last bounty job in the High Bayou? How did this job go wrong? Why did the target's death leave Bran with such shame?

Gharbad the Weak:
Does F.R.E.D. know what sent Netharia Faulkner off the deep end? Was she a proponent of outlandish beliefs that most of the scientific community rejects, possibly the "Outer Planes" hypothesis which claims that the elemental planes are actually tiny isolated pockets of a vast "Elemental Chaos?" How is F.R.E.D. treated by other Vekeshi Mystics he has met?

Ryuujin:
Does Hawthorn know what might have caused his inclination toward violence? Were there any fey in the Dreaming who accepted him for who he is?

frankenfreak:
Does Cryss still have friends or family in the Strand? Does she know who murdered her sister? Could it have been Lorcan Kell himself? Did Cryss's rise to the RHC leave any bad blood with her old City Watch precinct?

ProfessorCirno:
Did Cha Ravah witness the manifestation or death of Srasama? If so, how did she survive? The famous gnostic, William Miller, served in the Crusaders of the Danoran Divinate as a field medic during the last days of the Second Victory. Did Cha ever meet him? What does she think of him?

"Don't know"/"Don't care"/"Do it yourself" are valid answers.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 3, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Really Pants posted:

frankenfreak:
Does Cryss still have friends or family in the Strand?
Mom, my stepfather, and my two step-siblings still live there, of course, and I try to keep in contact with them (which has been growing difficult since joining the RHC). We've lost contact with my sister; last we heard she was doing tricks to fuel her drug addiction in some gang hangout. Beyond that, I probably had more enemies than friends on the Strand's seedier side since joining the watch. There are some who like me for my work since I did, though, but those are few and acquaintances at best.

quote:

Does she know who murdered her sister brother? Could it have been Lorcan Kell himself?
All signs point to the Tar Rats gang, but the culprit was never found. I don't think he was a big enough player to draw the attention of Kell, so if he was involved, it would be a great surprise.

quote:

Did Cryss's rise to the RHC leave any bad blood with her old City Watch precinct?
Some of the watchmen didn't like me since my work ethic made them look bad. They're probably relieved I'm gone. My old boss is proud of me, however, and likes to boast that he discovered me and my talents.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How old are all of Cryss's sibs? What are(or were) their names?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Really Pants posted:

How many of Aramil's living machines did Elfaivar produce?

Only a handful - maybe a double-handful if you count the simpler prototypes. Of course, as Unit 9 proves they're effectively immortal, so who knows what they're up to.

Really Pants posted:

Was Unit 9 present at the manifestation or death of the goddess Srasama?

He was not. He was taking the war to the humans elsewhere at the time, and was destroyed ('destroyed') not long before the goddess was.

Really Pants posted:

Did Aramil survive the war, and does he still live?

Unit 9 doesn't know. He considers it unlikely that Aramil still lives, but that might just be his biases about the inherent failings of biological life.

Really Pants posted:

Are there any gaps in Unit 9's memory?

Loads. His self-repair was necessarily limited, and he was unable to restore everything he lost. His original life seems like a series of vivid dreams (not that he dreams, so he couldn't make the comparison himself) with strange gaps and leaps of logic.

Really Pants posted:

Does the Soames family ever try to claim he is still their property?

Ophelia doesn't, and as the person who would be U9's owner if he had an owner, she's got the authority to say that he isn't property. There are members of the family who feel otherwise, though - especially now that they have an idea of how valuable Unit 9 might be to the right buyer.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Really Pants posted:

How old are all of Cryss's sibs? What are(or were) their names?
I got a bit carried away, so meet the whole family:

Mother: Slyva Loudhammer (née Swift, widowed Portman), a housekeeper with a worn-out face of 44 years
Father: "Lyriel" was the name her mother gave her when asking, something calling him "Lie-riel" as well
Foster Father: (Myrosh Portman), a sailor, two years Slyva's senior, presumed lost at sea
Stepfather: Torgan Loudhammer, a blacksmith, quiet, but resolute, 38 years old

Slyva's children:
(Perry Portman), the oldest, five years Cryss's elder, a gangster, slain three and a half years ago
Amyra Portman, the oldest daughter, now 23 years old, a drug addict, exact whereabouts unknown
Tymm Portman, 22 years old, a quiet young man with a dull personality, apprentice to his stepfather
Cryss Portman, close to her 20th birthday, a former city watchwoman, now with RHC
Lougyn Loudhammer, 12 years old, bright and energetic which causes his mother much concern
Heyna Loudhammer, a sweet girl of 9 and a half, sheltered by her mother, artistically inclined

Other family:
Grulla Portman (née Scalehands), 19 year old wife of Tymm, mother of one and expecting a second
Fynn Portman, 16 months old, son of Tymm and Grulla
Handon Loudhammer, 19 year old son of Torgan and his first wife Urba (who died of disease when he was six), a shipwright's apprentice
Sima Boardbend, 18 year old daughter of Handon's master Rufus who refuses to acknowledge the love between the two

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Really Pants posted:

Gharbad the Weak:
Does F.R.E.D. know what sent Netharia Faulkner off the deep end? Was she a proponent of outlandish beliefs that most of the scientific community rejects, possibly the "Outer Planes" hypothesis which claims that the elemental planes are actually tiny isolated pockets of a vast "Elemental Chaos?" How is F.R.E.D. treated by other Vekeshi Mystics he has met?

Faulkner was mad BEFORE F.R.E.D. was created, and the creation of his Infernal Combustion Engine was a sign of that madness. Piercing the way to the infernal realms just isn't something sane people do. F.R.E.D. doesn't know what drove her to it. He did learn some of her theories, though, mainly centered around the idea that infernal energies were actually the source of ALL energy, and that by ripping open pathways to the infernal realm, an inexhaustible source of power could be found to usher in an age of technological wonder.

Of course, he also thought she was being spied upon by birds and that pictures could steal her soul, so it's all with a grain of salt.

As for the Vekeshi Mystics (other than the ones who initiated him), it's kinda like watching a video of a squirrel surfing: you're pretty sure that squirrel didn't plan on getting on that surfboard, and even if he did, that squirrel wouldn't have succeeded without a LOT of help. Sort of a passing interest, but not immediate respect.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Really Pants posted:

Ryuujin:
Does Hawthorn know what might have caused his inclination toward violence? Were there any fey in the Dreaming who accepted him for who he is?

Hawthorn has no idea why he is so inclined toward violence, why he seems so dour and dark. Most fey, particularly the more fun loving mischievous ones, are put off at the very least by his darkness. But there were some, dark elves and other more sinister or less playful types of fey that were not put off by him. Then again many of those just dismiss him for being a pixie anyway. Still there were some that accepted him for what he is, here and there.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Really Pants posted:

Lord of Bore:
What was Bran's last bounty job in the High Bayou? How did this job go wrong? Why did the target's death leave Bran with such shame?

His last job was catching a young thief, wanted for some minor thefts. After tracking him to his hideout, Bran had his bow trained on the thief to try and intimidate him into co-operating when he suffered an odd flare up in his left eye, causing pain and temporary loss of vision, making him loose his shot accidentally, hitting the thief.
It was supposed to be a simple job of find the thief and bring him back to the village for punishment, not a 'wanted dead or alive' type situation, so Bran killing him was viewed as over the line, and trying to explain it away as an accident because of a blue flash of light in his eye didn't help. So, Bran covered his eye and went into self-appointed exile.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Really Pants posted:

ProfessorCirno:
Did Cha Ravah witness the manifestation or death of Srasama? If so, how did she survive? The famous gnostic, William Miller, served in the Crusaders of the Danoran Divinate as a field medic during the last days of the Second Victory. Did Cha ever meet him? What does she think of him?

Cha witnessed both - though, obviously, neither while in the front lines. At the time Cha was no priest; just a footsoldier, "fortunate" enough to be fighting away from the goddess at her death, allowing her to survive the initial blast. That moment - and the death of nearly all Eladrin women that followed - was the first major crack in her at the time iron hard faith. Her death and rebirth not too long afterwards certainly didn't help, either.

While she now greatly respects (if not entirely agrees) with the teachings of Wiliam Miller, at the time she was more then eager, like so many other in the Clergy, to see him burn. She never met him in the battlefield, and regrets both that and her "righteous anger" to this day - as she does much of the war and what followed it.

~*~

Additionally, buying Dagger of Long Range +1 so I can hit more often when not next to baddies. Refluffed as more blasts of divine energy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lord of Bore posted:

His last job was catching a young thief, wanted for some minor thefts. After tracking him to his hideout, Bran had his bow trained on the thief to try and intimidate him into co-operating when he suffered an odd flare up in his left eye, causing pain and temporary loss of vision, making him loose his shot accidentally, hitting the thief.
It was supposed to be a simple job of find the thief and bring him back to the village for punishment, not a 'wanted dead or alive' type situation, so Bran killing him was viewed as over the line, and trying to explain it away as an accident because of a blue flash of light in his eye didn't help. So, Bran covered his eye and went into self-appointed exile.

Has that ever happened to Bran before or again? Any other strange magical symptoms?

ProfessorCirno posted:

Her death and rebirth not too long afterwards certainly didn't help, either.

How did Cha die?

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Really Pants posted:

Has that ever happened to Bran before or again? Any other strange magical symptoms?

No, it was the first time, and aside from occasional cloudy vision in his left eye when it's not covered nothing has happened since until the Coaltongue with the veering bullet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is anyone buying stuff besides Cryss and Cha?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If requisitioned items are refunded at 100%, F.R.E.D.'ll take leather armor of Aegis Expansion +1.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That's correct.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Really Pants posted:

How did Cha die?

Poison. Conquering the island didn't mean all the Eladrin just up and left. She was not the first soldier of the war to be assassinated, nor the last.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ryuujin, do you want to buy anything for Hawthorn before we proceed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
P.S. Updated my character sheet.

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7264

• Locked thread