Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Updated my sheet, but I couldn't find a magic weapon with a 1d8 critical. I'll just have to remember it. I just put in a magic rapier +1.

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I'll grab a Goblin Totem Rapier for now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Exposition is over, feel free to do things

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ryuujin come take your turn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

God drat, I completely forgot to grid this map :saddowns: I'm sorry.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Planning my next move: What would the roll be for U9 to haul himself up onto the dock-type construction to the north of our entry point?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's no roll for climbing onto the 5-foot-high platform or any of the ladders, it's just double movement.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
When it's F.R.E.D.s turn, can he just walk along the bottom?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Absolutely, but it'll still be double movement.

The bottom of the chamber is a gradual slope--you won't have to climb between the different height sections.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Cool, I'm skipping the swim checks and just walking, then.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

potatocubed come take your turn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ryuujin come take your turn

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Going to try something maybe stupid, we will see.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Always try stupid things.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
What's the move cost to climb that ladder I see just next to U9 and FRED?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
So while I'm not drowning, are there penalties to fighting in the water if I just stop struggling and sorta let myself sink and walk like my ROBOT PAL?

EDIT: Also don't forget, I resist necrotic

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

potatocubed posted:

What's the move cost to climb that ladder I see just next to U9 and FRED?

Climbing is double movement. Ladders don't require any Athletics to climb, only to stay in place if you get hit. That ladder goes between a 2-square-high and 5-square-high platform, so the total move cost to clear it would be 6 squares.

ProfessorCirno posted:

So while I'm not drowning, are there penalties to fighting in the water if I just stop struggling and sorta let myself sink and walk like my ROBOT PAL?

EDIT: Also don't forget, I resist necrotic

If you're not an Aquatic creature, while fully submerged you grant combat advantage and take a -2 penalty to attack rolls with anything except a dagger, spear, or crossbow.

I did forget. I've corrected the Stalker's damage down to 5.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Really Pants posted:

so the total move cost to clear it would be 6 squares.
This encounter sure hates on dwarves and armor-wearers. :doom:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Too bad the dude with a fly speed got to the jump power-up first :laugh:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 13, 2014

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Do I have line of effect to the Danoran/elemental from where I am? Also are the horizontal ladders traversable?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They're too far back to be seen from water level.

The ladders are traversable. You could climb up onto the ladder just above you with 2 squares of movement, but the rest of the ladder squares are too high above the water.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
If I try the Athletics check to climb over the spikes and fail, do I get blocked as well as taking damage, or is it just damage?

(Although I think I'll learn from my experience with the furnace door and just smash it to bits instead.)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just damage.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Reposting the Air Elemental's stats; hopefully they'll be easier to find here:

quote:

Axis Air Elemental
Level 1 Lurker, Small elemental magical beast (Air)
Speed: Fly 6
Blindsight 5
Vulnerable 5 Fire

HP: 23
AC: 15
Fort: 12
Ref: 14
Will: 13

Whispers in the Air--When the elemental starts its turn with no enemies adjacent, it becomes invisible until the start of its next turn or until it resolves an attack.

Flyby Slam(Standard, At-Will, Basic)
Melee 1, +6 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6+3 damage, Slide the target 3 squares, and shift 3 squares into an adjacent space to the target.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 14, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Really Pants posted:

In response to Unit 9's admonition, the Danoran miner shrieks "I spit on your surrender, Risuri butcher! If your banshee of a Duchess wants more meat for her wolves, you will have to earn it! VIVE LA RÉPUBLIQUE!!"

Everyone's up. Anyone want to do a combat diplomacy attempt?

edit: at worst, we could knock him out, obviously

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 15, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

frankenfreak come take your turn

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sorry. I thought I already had posted when I apparently never submitted the thing I had typed up. My apologies for holding the thread up for a day.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

No worries.

I'm headed out the door right now; will update in about eight hours.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Am I allowed to act to try to catch the falling guy? I did literally just go.

Edit: Though, it'd be super useful if I had a pet air elemental to catch the guy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What do you want to try? If you have an idea that seems feasible or cool or stupid, go for it. You each only have time to try one thing, though!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, what I WANT to do is have the air elemental swoop up and nab him, but if I had to, I could do a jumping nonlethal eldritch strike and slide him unto land, and just take the falling damage myself.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

potatocubed come do things

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Where is everybody?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I think everyone was desperately hoping someone else would come up with a brilliant plan.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Feel free to say things like "There's a blacksmith on this corner, let's look for supplies" if I haven't explicitly mentioned the lack of blacksmiths or whatever.

You still have to roll something for success, of course, and your ideas need to be reasonable. Nobody gets to post "Suddenly the island reality-shifts us all into the lighthouse!"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Sorry; got super busy as of late trying to get a new job. I'll post today.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

potatocubed hasn't posted in two weeks, or responded to my PM. Should I find a replacement?

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

It would be a shame, but it might be for the best if they can't play anymore

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Has he been posting elsewhere? If he has, then he's left. If he's not, then he's probably ON THE RUN FROM THE LAW

Edit: Yeah, he's been posting.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In that case, let's get a new defender.

Really Pants posted:

--Characters must be defender classes with good Strength.
--Refer to the Zeitgeist Player's Guide, available for free here, for details on the setting and new character options. Please try to avoid completely spoiling the overall plot for yourself with the Campaign Guide and first adventure, also available for free elsewhere.
--Tieflings, Devas, and Eladrin are all significantly changed from the PHB default. A lot of the other races aren't mentioned at all. Get as inventive as you wish for those. The world map includes a lot of blank-slate "Border States" areas for anyone who wants to make places up.
--Start at 1st level with 828 gold.
--Turn on Inherent Bonuses.
--As per the Player's Guide, all PCs get Primordial as a bonus language.
--Take 3 extra feats. New players should choose Improved Defenses, the Essentials Expertise feat for your character's weapon or implement, and Melee Training if your character is mostly melee but lacks a strong melee basic attack.
--No dragonmarks.
--Your character theme must be one of the new Zeitgeist themes. Don't worry, they are pretty sweet. Make sure to list your theme in your submission post.
--Backgrounds are fine, even the HORRIBLY BROKEN AND OP Scales of War ones that give you a whole 4 extra HP.
--When it comes to compensation, the RHC is more organized, and more prosaic, then your typical mob of freelance murderhobos. Instead of loot, Royal Constables are granted regular requisition stipends for all mundane or magical equipment. Common, Uncommon, and Rare items are freely available. Any gear you requisition may be returned at a later date for a refund of its full value. If you come across useful items in the field, you are free to make use of them, but at the date of your next report they must either be turned in to your Inspector or purchased with funds from your stipend. This cost does not apply to freely given gifts.
--Royal Constables also have serious clout in the community. The Prestige system, detailed on pages 18-20 of the Player's Guide, has rules for calling in favors with local figures to arrange things like City Watch backup, ritual casting, emergency requisitions, shady deeds, etc.
--Post your character sheet on Orokos and link it here.
--Please be able to post frequently, even if it's just "Busy having a life right now, will pretend to be elves later."

I'll try and choose somebody on Monday.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 1, 2014

• Locked thread