Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Fantasy cops in a high magic setting with advanced tech? I feel like I've been here, and enjoyed it. Leader on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

My name is Charles Easting. I used to be a spy. Until--

Well, it doesn't really matter. I got tired of it, I guess. Telling someone else's lies. I was working for a small but influential collective of behind-the-scenes powerbrokers, captains of industry and such. I can't point to the moment the Chamber's interests stopped aligning with my best interests, but I would have kept on doing it for the rest of my life, until my handler noticed I was asking too many questions. I was burned, cut off from all support in the middle of a critical operation. I was in Flint at the time, and I went straight into the nearest Risuri guard station and turned myself in. What I'd done to my home country deserved punishment.

I was expecting the worst, but the interrogators took an interest in me. In exchange for my cooperation and any information I could provide on the Chamber, I was offered a menial post in the Royal Homeland Constabulary, a new life and a fresh start. It's better than being executed for treason, and I can put my skills to use for a better cause. Enough of the cloak-and-dagger shite, I'm content to try and help people. And I've started to develop a name for myself back home on the docks as a fine entertainer, one of the good ones.

I should be fine here, safe from the Chamber, as long as I don't leave town. Or quit my post. Or arouse too much suspicion. Or try to contact them. Really, as long as I'm burned, I'm not going anywhere.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 3, 2014

• Locked thread