Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
nandtech

quote:

Anand Lal Shimpi, the editor and publisher of the well-regarded AnandTech site, is going to work at Apple.

An Apple rep confirmed that the company was hiring Shimpi, but wouldn’t provide any other details.

Last night, via a post on the site he founded in 1997, Shimpi said he was “officially retiring from the tech publishing world,” but didn’t say what he was doing next. “I won’t stay idle forever. There are a bunch of challenges out there :)”, he wrote.

Unlike many tech publications, AnandTech focused much of its energy on the guts of new devices, via reports on chips and other hardware components. In Shimpi’s words: “AnandTech started as a site that primarily reviewed motherboards, then we added CPUs, video cards, cases, notebooks, Macs, smartphones, tablets and anything else that mattered.”

Shimpi’s post also announced that AnandTech would continue publishing, and would be run by new editor in chief Ryan Smith.

http://recode.net/2014/08/31/veteran-tech-journalist-anand-shimpi-headed-to-apple/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
who will sperg about apple products now? timb has stolen all the talent in that industry.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

they got klug too i guess

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ultramiraculous posted:

who will sperg about apple products now?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=219

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so will they be engineers or PR people

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PleasureKevin posted:

PR Engineers

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
public relationeers

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

they are among the elect & thats all that matters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a is the bad guy from pretty little liars

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i enjoy reading that spergy website and i think the new editor in chief is like mega-fat so he fits the role better imho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe I should get into it

I like to know about processors

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
probably got ahold of leaked iphone 6 poo poo and it was either get sued into oblivion or come work for us. like a super hero movie

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
rip

always loled at the depth they went to cover something but at the same time it's like drat it's a nice read

anyone can recommend anything else similar on the same level of details? i like chipworks' blog but it just feels like it's lacking something

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

DaNzA posted:

always loled at the depth they went to cover something but at the same time it's like drat it's a nice read

when the rumor came out that the nexus 4 could operate on a few lte bands, they acquired an test device that simulates a full lte tower

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

DaNzA posted:

rip

anyone can recommend anything else similar on the same level of details? i like chipworks' blog but it just feels like it's lacking something

honestly the writing at anandtech, while far from perfect, is a cut above most spergy sites because they have a bit of a wider audience and it appears they actually employ copy editors.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
lol @ "shimpi"

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

lol @ "shimpi"

no racism in yospos

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome